BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Lanterns adn Ion

Alpha Lanterns adn Ion

Sp the Guardians need to put Ion into someone new now that Kyle is compromised.

Who gets it ? I think the most obvious answer is Sodam Yat.

Then I started thinking about what the Alpha Lanterns might be adn I started thinking that maybe the Guardians somehow split his essence into more than one Lantern. This would give extra protection to Ion by not being placed in one Lantern

Any thoughts on this subject ?

Re: Alpha Lanterns adn Ion

the new kid.
    obviously.

Not to derail the thread, but who is Sodam Yat and where did he come from? Seems like he just came out of nowhere in the middle of the Sinestro Corps War, and apparently has a history with the Corps and is part of some prophecy.

Pretend for a moment that I have no idea what Ion is. Continue.

Quote Originally Posted by outsiderzero View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but who is Sodam Yat and where did he come from? Seems like he just came out of nowhere in the middle of the Sinestro Corps War, and apparently has a history with the Corps and is part of some prophecy.
    Well thats about all I know of him too.

He is a Daxamite( those guys like superman but alergic to lead instead)

He is a rookie and I think Johns is going to make him the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Pretend for a moment that I have no idea what Ion is. Continue.
    Ion is the essence of will power- when you are the host of Ion you have unlimited green energy power in you.

Parallax is the essence of fear

Quote Originally Posted by outsiderzero View Post
    Sodam Yat:

Sodam Yat is a prophesied future member of the Green Lantern Corps, created by Alan Moore and appears initially in "Tygers", a story in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2. He is mentioned in passing to Abin Sur by a demon named Qull of the Five Inversions, who had been imprisoned on the planet Ysmault by the Guardians of the Universe. As a Daxamite (a race with inherent Superman-like powers) with a power ring, he would be nearly unstoppable. Despite this, in Qull's prophecy, he is still defeated as part of the final destruction of the Green Lantern Corps.

He is also mentioned in the proposal Alan Moore wrote for his series "Twilight of the Superheroes", which was never published. In the proposal that was leaked onto the internet, the Daxamite Green Lantern is named "Sodol Yat" and is also referred to as "The Ultimate Green Lantern". In that story, Sodol Yat is the last Green Lantern to confront Superman, who has just killed many Green Lanterns, Thanagarians and the Martian Manhunter. Sodol Yat then kills Superman.

Sodam Yat made his first appearance in regular DC continuity in Green Lantern Corps #12, and part three of the Sinestro Corps War (Green Lantern Corps #14), when Kilowog gathers a group of Lanterns to strike back against Sinestro's forces attacking in Space Sector 2263. Salakk singles out Arisia to keep an eye on the newly graduated Lantern Yat, while she wonders why Sodam is so important. Salakk has been charged by the Guardians of the Universe to keep Qull's prophesy from coming to pass, but keeps this to himself, only saying that one day she may know why he is so special. In Green Lantern Corps #16, Sodam destroys Ranx' core ending the battle of Mogo

Ion being split up in some manner probably makes sense. Yat is likely doomed.

SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

That cover is fugly.

I'm betting the alpha lanterns are the only ones left with the ability to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyrunaway View Post
    SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

That cover is fugly.

I'm betting the alpha lanterns are the only ones left with the ability to kill.
    That does not give an answer one way or the other. Sodam is still wearing a ring in that picture.