BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Saw Halloween last night

Saw Halloween last night

And, .. well

rob should stop making movies..

i think one of the best parts was playing where's waldo with all the cameos.. and i mean there's ALOT of cameos..

its not horrible, its not good.. its just blah.. which somehow makes it worse..

to me the whole backstory expanding what you know about michael myers is kind of like lucas explaining the force through midichlorians.. meh

lots of continuity errors.. like some really big ones.. such as

Spoilers:
    when Mike pushes his fingers into loomis's eyes and blood is running down his face.. then later.. we see no blood on the eyes.. at all.. in all the rest of the scenes... he looks totally clean..

there's some other odd ones.. like when loomis has a trench coat on the collar is up and down and up and down with ever cut.. but it keeps going.

also the music choice kind of threw me off.. the use of alot of classic rock (and i love me some rush, alice cooper, and blue oyster cult) but they just took me out of the world...

well what'd everyone else think?

Re: Saw Halloween last night

yeah, rob isn't a horrible director i just don't see him getting any better. it seems like he's just happy with what he does, which i think is ok because he has his audience anyways. they'll see it just for him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyeron View Post
    And, .. well

rob should stop making movies..

i think one of the best parts was playing where's waldo with all the cameos.. and i mean there's ALOT of cameos..

its not horrible, its not good.. its just blah.. which somehow makes it worse..

to me the whole backstory expanding what you know about michael myers is kind of like lucas explaining the force through midichlorians.. meh

lots of continuity errors.. like some really big ones.. such as

Spoilers:
    when Mike pushes his fingers into loomis's eyes and blood is running down his face.. then later.. we see no blood on the eyes.. at all.. in all the rest of the scenes... he looks totally clean..

there's some other odd ones.. like when loomis has a trench coat on the collar is up and down and up and down with ever cut.. but it keeps going.

also the music choice kind of threw me off.. the use of alot of classic rock (and i love me some rush, alice cooper, and blue oyster cult) but they just took me out of the world...

well what'd everyone else think?
    i saw a screener dvd of it...and, um...
    Spoilers:
    nothing happened to loomis. he shot michael at the end, then all the cops shot michael 'cause he wasn't really did, then it was over. when did loomis have his eyes pushed in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding View Post
    Nah. Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Heart of Hell, sometimes called Hollywood

well, I didn't see the "final" version yet-- but I did see the "workprint" version that is floating around--

What you described in your spoilers was NOT in the workprint version-- so, that means that it was part of the reshoots...which explains the continuity gaffs.

Personally, I thought the workprint version was pretty good-- From all that I've heard about the released version, it sounds like I saw the better movie.
    Workprint was probably closer to a "director's cut" anyhow...