GregHorn Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most debauched movie of all time?

What is the most debauched movie of all time?

What movie has the most unacceptable subject matters in it? What movie crosses more lines of common decency than any other? I want your opinions on the most debaucher-ized movie of all time. I’m setting the bar at Conan the Barbarian.

Read the list of grotesque scenes from this film and see if you can beat it. By the way, I refer to Conan as “the Hero” because you must remember at all times, Conan IS the hero of this film. The hero doing unacceptable things ranks much higher than the villain doing unacceptable things.
    RULE- You can pick an obscure movie-- you can even pick a B movie, but keep in mind Conan was a mainstream film that was seen by millions of people. The higher the quality of the film, the more impressed we will all be by your choice. I’m talking about a mainstream movie that people actually watched without the aid of Servo and Crow.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

1- MURDER BY ANIMAL In the opening scene, a man is mauled to death by attack dogs. If you look closely... you can see Michael Vick hiding behind some bushes. Anyway, In most countries, this event is considered so horrific that the animals are immediately put to death.
    2- MASS MURDER A village full of innocent people are slaughtered by horsemen. Oddly enough, the rat-catcher was the only villager to escape (he was on his honeymoon)
    3-MOMMY KILLERS Good God!! A woman is murdered in front of her child! —and the child is holding her hand as her head is chopped off!! WHAT!?!!?!!
    Man, that’s really, really bad. (but it's a great scene as her hand falls away from Conan’s isn't it?)
    4- CHILD SLAVERY The movie does not have slavery…it has CHILD slavery. Conan ends up grinding wheat for 2 decades and this is how he gets “pumped up”.
    5- MURDER FOR ENTERTAINMENT Slaves are forced to fight each other to the death as the crowds cheer. Gladitorial fighting is sure glorified in the movies these days, but this is truly the dark side of humanity—it’s utterly evil.
    6- PROSTITUTION AND VOYUERISM The next debauched scene I can’t remember too clearly. Conan is in a cage (like an animal at the zoo). Then they bring him a naked woman in a robe, and he inspects her breasts like some kind of stupid ape-- she looks frightened. Then he lays her down and plows away. This was either the Hero engaged in prostitution or the hero being put to stud services. Either way, a bunch of guys are standing there watching the whole thing intently—peeping-tom debauchery!!
    7- WARRIOR MANTRA The hero states that the absolute best thing in life is to hear women crying after you've killed their husbands…. Nice.
    8-YUCKY SEX Conan meets a seductive woman in a hut. She has a real gross cigaretty voice— but its not too bad at first. Conan needs information, but the woman insists that he “warm himself by her fire”. So, they start doin’ the “funky chicken”, and the scene is not really that debauched UNTIL…. She throws her head back in ecstasy and starts moaning loudly with the cigar voice-- “Zamorraaaaa…Zamorraaaaa”… its really over the top.. and extraordinarily vulgar.
    9 HERO COMMITS VIOLENCE TO ANIMALS— and I’m not talking about the hero killing a dangerous animal that is threatening him… or even indirect violence like a horse being shot in war. I’m talking about actual no-doubt-about-it violence on an animal. Conan PUNCHES a camel!!!!! I don’t think you guys can find ONE freakin’ movie were a camel gets punched out. Well, maybe one of Michael Vick's home movies.

11 RITUAL SACRIFICE A woman is ritually sacrificed to a giant serpent. Sick.
    12 PUBLIC ACOHOLISM Okay maybe this is a minor infraction to most of us, but the scene where Conan and his chick are about to pass out and they look like they are in an quirky “upset stomach” commercial….I find this scene to be extremely glib, and considering all the grotesque scenes in this movie, trying to pull off a sight-gag just seems really evil to me.
    13 GAY PRIEST/GAY BASHING Yes, there is a gay priest in Conan the Barbarian! If I recall correctly, he grazes his finger over our hero’s chest and tells him what a beautiful body he has! Then Conan lures him behind a tent and I swear to god, as Conan steps away, the priest looks at his ass! Then, behind the tent Conan smashes the priest in the balls and steals his robe. I didn’t connect the gay bashing at first, but why does Conan strike him in the genitals instead of punching him out or breaking his neck? Think about it.
    14 MIND CONTROLLED SUICIDE A woman is mind controlled to commit suicide... Thulsa Doom mind controls one of his followers to jump of a 60ft cliff. For what? For the very important reason of showing his power over “the flesh”. Whatta Jerk
    15 CRUCIFICTION Conan is nailed to a tree. “Contemplate this…on the Tree of Woe.”
    Then he breaks a vulture’s neck with his teeth. But then again, Michael Vick does this every day for kicks.
    16 CANNIBALISTIC ORGY… GAME OVER DUDES! There is a massive orgy scene near the end of this movie, and what’s on the menu? Head and hand stew—oh boy, my favorite! It tastes like a chicken's head and hands, you know? In between scenes of people bumping their uglies raw, we are shown other scenes of cooks stirring huge vats of green puss-- chock full of body parts. Eventually, Conan lifts the giant stew pot, spilling the body parts all over the palace floor. God, this movie is awesome.
    17 SACRILIGE Conan curses his god-- The hero tells his god if you will not help me then go to hell. Maybe not too debauched for most of us- but if you are very religious, this is an incredibly outrageous statement.
    18 TAUNTING A DYING MAN When Sven gets nailed by the wooden spike, Conan just stands there looking at him. And as you’re watching the scene, you just keep waiting for the one-liner “Looks like you got the point.” But he just stands there looking like a dumbfounded Austrian body..build… forget it.
    So on top of everything else, Conan is a jerk.
    19 MAKING A SPECTACLE OUT OF MURDER With most assassinations, the victim is merely stabbed or shot and the perpetrators run away. But this isn’t good enough for the director of this film. Oh no, …After hacking James Earl Jones head off in front of all his followers. Conan throws the severed head off the balcony. This is still not enough for our director… because now the head has to roll down a staircase…and of course this is a REALLY LONG staircase with something like 200 steps. The head bounces a few times if I remember correctly.
    20 ARSON Well, after all this debauchery I guess it wouldn’t be complete without the hero starting a nice raging fire. Okay, okay…I know he was burning the bad guy’s temple.

THE MOST DEBAUCHED THING-- And finally, the most debauched thing about Conan the Barbarian? James Earl Jones hair!!!!

"violadores infieles, deben morir ahogados en lagos de sangre, ahora sabrán porqué temen la oscuridad, ahora sabrán porqué temen la noche",
    Last edited by Horn; 08-30-2007 at 03:56 AM.
    See artist Greg Horn's online gallery of covers and illustrations for Marvel Comics, video games, advertising, and and other comic book art work at www.greghornart.com or...www.greghornjudge.com
    FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/GregHornArt?ref=name
    Greg's JINXWORLD FORUM is: http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...splay.php?f=34

Re: What is the most debauched movie of all time?

Conan is the shitz!!

The most social disturbing film I've seen would be:

A disturbing portrayal of teenage life, AIDS, and the Kids of New York City. Controversial in its content, the film exposes the grim reality of a group of skate-boarders in the space of 24 hours. Primarily the story consists of Telly (Leo Fitzpatrick) a 17 year old slacker whose mission is to de-flower as many young girls as possible, whilst unprotected. Things turn bad when an old flame finds out she has tested positive for HIV and the only person she has had sex with is Telly. She chases through New York to find him but is too late as he has already de-flowered yet another innocent pre-teen.
    Last edited by Corey A.; 08-31-2007 at 10:37 AM.
    Corey

My Comic Art Collection:
    My CAF Link

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
    Conan is the shitz!!

A disturbing portrayal of teenage life, AIDS, and the Kids of New York City. Controversial in its content, the film exposes the grim reality of a group of skate-boarders in the space of 24 hours. Primarily the story consists of Telly (Leo Fitzpatrick) a 17 year old slacker whose mission is to de-flower as many young girls as possible, whilst unprotected. Things turn bad when an old flame finds out she has tested positive for HIV and the only person she has had sex with is Telly. She chases through New York to find him but is too late as he has already de-flowered yet another innocent pre-teen.
    KIDS is a great movie. Don't forget the scene where Telly's friend (I forget, it has been a while since I have seen the movie)? has sex with Telly's ex-flame after she passes out at some party looking for Telly.
    WHEN THE LEGEND BECOMES FACT...PRINT THE LEGEND!

Yeah, KIDS! When I met my wife Betsy about 12 years ago, she convinced me to watch this movie. It was one of her favorites and i thought it was pretty cool. What did that kid call himself again?-- "The Virgin Surgeon!" That scene was pretty whack because you knew the girl was getting a death sentence while he was doing his thang.
    There is a another scene in KIDS where a kid is doing a jig in the subway. I laughed out loud when i saw his horrible dance-- I mean he sucked so bad it beat all records. Whenever i want to annoy Betsy, I'll do that dance in front of the TV while she is trying to watch!
    Anyway, i don't think this movie comes close to the most debauched movie ever! Poor little Conan is like 5 years old.... and his mother's head is chopped off -- right in front of him! Then they sell the lil' tyke into slavery for 20 years, and finally force him to fight people to the death. That's just act 1!!! Although.... I'll give you a positive modifier on your selection of KIDS-- being that modern day debauchery is worse than Iron Age debauchery. I mean, we are supposed to be more civilized now, right? ....uh...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
    Conan is the shitz!!

See artist Greg Horn's online gallery of covers and illustrations for Marvel Comics, video games, advertising, and and other comic book art work at www.greghornart.com or...www.greghornjudge.com
    Greg's JINXWORLD FORUM is: http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...splay.php?f=34

so I'm guessing you've seen Conan recently?

Conan is one of the few Ah-nuld movies I've never seen completely. Maybe when I was a kid and it was on TV, but I've never seen it recently, except mentioned in a segment of VH1's "I love the 80's"! Beastmaster vs. Conan, who would win?

is it safe to say that Conan is (or could be in your DVD collection along with Apocolypto and LOTR trilogy, two of the bloodiest and action packed-iest films made in the last decade, greg?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

People who buy comics are sexy!

Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!

Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

Great subject, Greg. I'd have to put some more detailed thought into it, but off the top of my head I'd have to say that 'American History X' has a fair amount of debauchery. The one scene that comes to mind is the sidewalk smiley. That was just brutal! I'm glad they didn't actually show it, but the sound effects were enough. I cringe everytime I see that scene.

I'll give this some more thought and be back.
    Last edited by Aspiring Fanatic; 09-02-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/visibledreams/GregHorn-Elektrasig.jpg

I would rate Pulp Fiction up there pretty high. When it came out, my mom wanted to see it based solely on the actors in it and knew nothing about it. Needless to say, we walked out within a few minutes.

Later when I was in high school, a buddy of mine had it and I finally got to watch it. I think my eyes popped out of my head a couple of times. When I watch it now on dvd, my eyes still bug out a few times, but I like it!
    Check out my reviews and suggestions for pre-orders at my LCS - The Table's Edge

Quote Originally Posted by ClintP View Post
    I would rate Pulp Fiction up there pretty high. When it came out, my mom wanted to see it based solely on the actors in it and knew nothing about it. Needless to say, we walked out within a few minutes.

Later when I was in high school, a buddy of mine had it and I finally got to watch it. I think my eyes popped out of my head a couple of times. When I watch it now on dvd, my eyes still bug out a few times, but I like it!
    sorry, but I have to respectively disagree. I think Pulp Fiction while being one of the greatest films ever made, is fairly low in ranking in the debauched movies of all time. First, the body count is fairly low when compared to other films, in fact, more people died in Woody Allen's "Bullets Over Broadway" released that same year.
    Second, while there are many immoral acts commited throughout the film, ultimately, one of the major themes is about redemption and doing the right thing ex) Butch Saving Marcellus Wallace, Saving Mia Wallace, and everyone at the cafe at the end.

I could go on, but I think I'll leave it at that and see what other people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

People who buy comics are sexy!

Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!

Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

Naw....Conan's bad I give ya that....."Ah nuld see boobs.....oh..oh"..but as far as all out sickness, disturbing images, and gore (but totally love!!). The Peter Jackson Classic......Dead Alive. Starts off with the evil monkey being caught..poor Peter getting bit...locals chop Peter bit by bit.
    Then theres the poor soul RULED by his mother...who goes to the zoo..and gets bit by monkey...which she squishes. Then he locks her in then basement after she dies...becomes Zombified...then she attacks the WHOLE neighberhood...man tries to lock them all in the basement.
    Then 2 zombies "bumb uglies"..and has a zombie baby...which is always abused one way or anouther.
    Then theres the ending..all I can say..a house full of Zombies..and a guy with a lawnmower. GORY FUN!
    Others to consider...Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things....and one I don't EVEN wanna describe...I Spit On Your Grave(Google it my friends)..and the banned America series..Faces of Death..ICK!!!
    Peace!
    "Da Pen"
    David Faught
    aka.....Sketchartist '76

Checkout my work at..
    myspace.com/sketchartist76
    comicspace.com/sketchartist76.

Contact me at...
    wefaught@sbcglobal.net

Welcome to the boards, man! Dead Alive sounds cool! i'll have to check that out. By the way, any debauchery commited by a zombie is NOT debauchery because zombies are supposed to kill people in the first place! And any normal person who kills a zombie is not debauched either because humans are just defending themselves against those naughty zombies-- anyway, i GOTTA see that lawnmower scene you are talking about.
    Faces of Death doesn't count--it's hardly a movie...just random scenes strung together. but i'd have to say that the producers of this series deserve "most debauched producers" award. Think about it--they made a film solely to profit off people's death!
    Hey David-- you should post your art on my thread "post your art here". Feel free to let people take a look at your work!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchartist '76 View Post
    Naw....Conan's bad I give ya that....."Ah nuld see boobs.....oh..oh"..but as far as all out sickness, disturbing images, and gore (but totally love!!). The Peter Jackson Classic......Dead Alive. Starts off with the evil monkey being caught..poor Peter getting bit...locals chop Peter bit by bit.
    Then theres the poor soul RULED by his mother...who goes to the zoo..and gets bit by monkey...which she squishes. Then he locks her in then basement after she dies...becomes Zombified...then she attacks the WHOLE neighberhood...man tries to lock them all in the basement.
    Then 2 zombies "bumb uglies"..and has a zombie baby...which is always abused one way or anouther.
    Then theres the ending..all I can say..a house full of Zombies..and a guy with a lawnmower. GORY FUN!
    Others to consider...Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things....and one I don't EVEN wanna describe...I Spit On Your Grave(Google it my friends)..and the banned America series..Faces of Death..ICK!!!
    Peace!