38 16.17%

9 3.83%

8 3.40%
  • zero stars

2 0.85%
  • not seeing it

6 2.55%
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blockbusters (Rate & Rant): Week #4 - STAR WARS III: REVENGE OF THE SITH SPOILERS

GODFATHER

The Blockbusters (Rate & Rant): Week #4 - STAR WARS III: REVENGE OF THE SITH SPOILERS

STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH
    Release Date: May 19, 2005
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: George Lucas
    Screenwriter: George Lucas
    Starring: Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Christopher Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, Jimmy Smits, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sci-fi violence and some intense images)
    Official Website: StarWars.com

Note: Feel free to talk about the movie as well as voting in the poll, but remember that there may be people reading this thread that have not seen the movie yet. When discussing story details, please use the spoiler or hide tags as appropriate.

Previous polls
    Week #1: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    Week #2: KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

Week #5: MADAGASCAR
    Week #5: THE LONGEST YARD
    Last edited by bartleby; 05-27-2005 at 02:49 AM.

Re: The Blockbusters (Rate and Rant): Week #4 - STAR WARS III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Cannot wait for our long national nightmare to be over.

Re: The Blockbusters (Rate and Rant): Week #4 - STAR WARS III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

As a person who hated both Episode I and II, I will say that I liked Episode III. It was better than the first two combined but its no Empire Strikes Back.

GODFATHER

Yeah, I will say it's definitely the best of the prequels, but it's by no means the masterpiece that some people have decreed. I'll probably end up rating somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, but I think I'm going to hold off until I get a chance to see it again before I decide.

Where'd you guys see it?

I'm glad you liked it Bartelby. If "haters" like it, that gives me some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty P.
    Where'd you guys see it?

I'm glad you liked it Bartelby. If "haters" like it, that gives me some hope.
    Employee screening for me

Employee show for me, too. I enjoyed it. I can't get used to the idea of saying that about one of the prequels.
    --Dewey

GODFATHER

It's a solid Star Wars movie. It's basically what I was wanting from PHANTOM MENACE six years ago and ATTACK OF THE CLONES three years ago. And ultimately, I think it was problems created by the set up in those movies that keep me from loving REVENGE OF THE SITH

For example, this scene (which I guess technically is a spoiler):
    Anakin's turn to the Dark Side fell flat, because I never really bought into the romance between him and Padme. I would have prefered there to be more manipulation by Palpatine, but he basically tells Anakin upfront what he's doing, and Anakin willing makes the choice to go to the Dark Side. It all just felt too easy.

But yeah, had those first two prequels been on par with this, I would have at the very least been satisfied. I still don't know that they would have met my expectations, but I wouldn't have been disappointed.

I enjoyed it, was fun

i'm going to guess that 50% of you who say you have seen it have not seen it. just a feeling.