BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did YOU get into comics?

Banned by Alysha McK for arguing and name calling after repeated warnings Kristoffer's Avatar

Question Why did YOU get into comics?

I'll start! I got into comics because of the X-Men cartoon in '92 and just loved the stories. My brother collected the comics, but wasn't interested until I was 13. He went off to college and I was left with them.

(I just want to interrupt my story to tell you all, I just won BATMAN #608, 614, 617-619 for only $14 as I write this. Now back to my story.)

I really liked the art, but couldn't grasp the stories in my head. I was primarily into X-Men comics. But now, at 24, I'm into a whole lot more than just X-books. Check my subscription to see what I collect now. Even the hardestcore (if that's even a real word) will shit a brick.
    Last edited by Kristoffer; 05-16-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Re: Why did YOU get into comics?

Because I got into comics. I don't remember why, thats like asking why I got into movies. I tried 'em, I liked 'em. I did not know anyone who read them. I still don't. Well, except for all of you. Other than that I don't know a single comic book reader. Well, I got my wife's younger brother a subscription to USM for his birthday so I guess he kinda' counts.

Gunsel

while a child because I loved them.
    when I went to college I lost interst in them (more interested in girls and political issues), but then when I started my brilliant career in the government- it was so mind numbingly boring that I began to look for more entertainment options. So I started collecting comics for the first time in 5 years and am back for good this time.

Banned because I suck at my job DigiEmissary's Avatar

Because i found my dad's collection (at least 5000) around the time i learned to read.

Banned by Alysha McK for arguing and name calling after repeated warnings Kristoffer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiEmissary
    Because i found my dad's collection (at least 5000) around the time i learned to read.
    5,000? JESUS CHRIST! GA? SA? BA? MA?

Not to change the subject, but did I mention I got BATMAN #608 and four other Bat books for only $14? Talk about a bargain price! Here's the eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6532373365&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT

i dug ironman.. and he's been an off and on favorite for a while waaay back when i was 10 or so

acne

I loved the watching the old (Spidey, FF, Batman, etc) cartoons and series (Hulk, Batman, Spidey) when I was a little kid and my family was kind enough to buy me a some mexican translations of Marvel and DC comicbooks. When I grew up, I started buying them myself. I still have some of those books that my parents gave me when I was a kid and I still love reading them!
    Victor Cabanelas

Gallery
    ComicSpace

"You're the only one I want. I've never heard your name. Let's hope we meet someday, if we don't it's all the same. I'll meet the ones between us and be thinking about you. And all the places I have seen and why you were not there"

T. Van Zandt, “Highway Kind”

Because of him: