Thread: Deadpool/GLI Special Preview (spoilers)

Deadpool/GLI Special Preview (spoilers)

Popcultureshock has posted some pages from next week's DEADPOOL/GLI SUMMER FUN SPECTACULAR special.

These are some of the Squirrel Girl pages. View at your own risk.
    (Though, if you ask me, you should just wait and enjoy the whole magilla when it comes out.)

http://www.popcultureshock.com/deadp...eview/42180/1/

ttyl
    Dan

"If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the internet."
    Tina Fey 1/12/09

Right Guy

Re: Deadpool/GLI Special Preview (spoilers)

Nice, Dan -- dangling it in front of us and then telling us we shouldn't look! My mental resolve can't stand up to such temptation! Yeah, anyway, it looks pretty sweet.

Agh! I usually try not to read previews because I want to get the whole thing in one sitting, rather than just a bit at first... But I'm so excited about this I can't help it!! But I won't! I'll wait till next week! Darn you Dan, tempting me!!

nice Dan very nice! I know if I really wanted to be surprised I shouldn't have seen the preview you posted...but in this case none of it was new to me, thanks to you giving this very loyal fan some insider info months ago at a very special signing at Jim Hanley's Universe:

Spoilers:
    Squirrel Girl reuniting with both Doc Doom and of course her first true love, Robby Baldwin aka Speedball aka Penance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

People who buy comics are sexy!

Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!

Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

Doesn't get any better than Squirrel Girl.

She's just so cheerful. Unfazed by anything even in the wake of depressing storylines. She doesn't understand that she should be depressed. She's even friendly with Doctor Doom. He's so whipped by her at this point. It feels like they could ignore the whole hero/villain thing and just hang out a little.

And I love P-Cat.
    Last edited by Tygerbug; 07-07-2007 at 02:12 AM.

Oh my god, those are some of the funniest pages I've seen in comics in a long time. I can't wait to read this.

Rube

This is probably the best superhero parody I've seen since the last few issues of Kyle Baker's Plastic Man.

Hey Dan any chance that Kyle Baker might work on the next GLI comic?

So Dan...

What's the breakdown between you and Fabian? Who wrote which of the stories in the book?

Being a huge Deadpool fan, I'd like to see if you wrote any of the "Merc With A Mouth's" quips...

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    Current Favorites: Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers: The Initiative, Captain America, Criminal, Daredevil, Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth, Green Lantern, Immortal Iron Fist, Justice Society Of America, New Avengers, Thor, Ultimate Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by killerbass View Post
    So Dan...

What's the breakdown between you and Fabian? Who wrote which of the stories in the book?

Being a huge Deadpool fan, I'd like to see if you wrote any of the "Merc With A Mouth's" quips...

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    I wrote all of the Squirrel Girl interludes.

Fabian wrote all of the lead feature, "Drunk with Power" (After I read the plot, I gave Fabe four "bits" and he worked 'em into the plot).

I plotted "Date With Density" and "Flight or Fold", Fabian took first pass at scripting them-- and I took a very small second pass at them (because Fabian nailed 'em).

With "Date With Density"-- a GREAT window of opportunity opened up-- out of SHEER luck the art lent itself to a Soprano's joke-- it was bizarre!-- so I asked our editor Nicole if I could take a THIRD pass at the script and throw in the Soprano's bit. And she did! Cool, right?

ttyl
    Dan

"If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the internet."
    Tina Fey 1/12/09