BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought/Thought 6/13 (spoilers)

Bought/Thought 6/13 (spoilers)

New Avengers #31:

I feel like we have been fighting ninjas forever. The reveal was shocking to me, and the ending made me worried.

My question is

Spoiler:
    Did Dr. Strange's mumbo jumbo move the hand's influence from Maya to the baby? Or did I misinterpret that. Oh, and how many other 'heroes' are actually like Elektra??
    And the Clint/Peter interaction had me on the floor.

World War Hulk #1:

Book of the Week! This had everything I wanted. As a matter of fact, I was imagining summer blockbuster music playing in my head as I was looking at some of the panels. This is going to get ugly. And I can't wait.

Strangers in Paradise #90

Things wrapped up a little too neatly for me, but I think I am more upset that its over. Thank you Mr. Moore for so many years of enjoyment with these characters. You have moved me with this title, and I am gonna miss the hell out of it.

Re: Bought/Thought 6/13 (spoilers)

WTf. It's 7 AM on the east coast. :P

NA 31 - got mine early in the mail - great read. Glad this ninja story is done and the ending certainly has me intrigued. I didn't get the same impression of above from the baby, I thought perhaps the baby could see the real nature of the people.

New Avengers #31 was interesting.
    Spoilers:
    I instantly thought of the baby situation turning out like the Elektra story turned out. It would need some serious explanation, but I'm in for the long run. I'm eager to see next month's issue.
    Overall, I was pleased with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gleason View Post
    New Avengers #31 was interesting.
    Spoilers:
    I instantly thought of the baby situation turning out like the Elektra story turned out. It would need some serious explanation, but I'm in for the long run. I'm eager to see next month's issue.
    Overall, I was pleased with the issue.
    The way it looks to me
    Spoilers:
    Jessica's a skrull. There's your traitor.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

VERY good week.

World War Hulk- PICK OF THE WEEK! Very good stuff. Huge action and awesome art. Really not much left to say. Only problem I had with this was I thought She-Hulk was depowered? Strange. 9/10

New Avengers- Hmmmm. Some very strange implications from that final page. Just when I thought I knew where Bendis was taking things, he throws us another curve. I LOVED the interaction between Clint and Peter. I'm so glad he turned out to be Ronin. 9/10

Justice- Man, if more DC books had fun stories like this, rather than that multiple earth's nonsense, I might be a bigger fan. Krueger, Ross and Braithwaite delivered a great series. So many characters had great moments, even Plastic Man, one of my personal favorite DC characters ("Form of a Giant Lawn Mower"). Oh, and that two page spread of the Legion? Man, it just makes me want another old school style series, but this one featuring the classic Legion. DC, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 9/10

Cable and Deadpool- Great issue, but a bummer at the same time. Providence was a great part of this book, and I really liked Blackbox. Oh well, I'm really interested in seeing where the story goes. On the plus side, Creed got the royal ass-kicking he's so justly deserved. That's great, I couldn't stand him being with the X-Men. 8/10

Nova- Picked this up for the Thunderbolts cross-over, and I'm glad I did. I won't be buying this regularly, but the exchange between Robbie and Rich was really nice. Great cover, too. 8/10

Spider-Girl- DARKDEVIL! Man, I've missed him. He's one of my favorite supporting characters in this book. For some reason, I really don't get into May's non-powered supporting cast, though. 8/10

New X-Men- Whew. Really thought he bought the big one (I won't give any names). Glad he didn't, though, he's one of my favorite characters. I HIGHLY doubt the other death this issue is real, as well. Seems very unlikely. I'm still trying to decide if I like Skottie Young's art, here. He's definitely no Niko Heinrichon. I would've loved to see Niko handle the whole arc. 7/10

Punisher: War Journal- The story is good, but it's taking its sweet time getting off the ground. 7/10

Also bought the Planet Hulk hardcover. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Kabuki Reflections #8: What can I say that I haven't written before about this stuff? Amazing! 10/10

Tank Girl: The Gifting #1: Bought it because I like Ashley Wood's art. I've never read any Tank Girl comics before, and I didn't see the film, so I didn't really know what to expect. It was weird. I may or may not get the rest of the series. Hard to say at this point. 6/10

Conan: The Halls of the Dead and Other Stories HC: More great Conan. I was sorry to see Busiek go, but Mignola was good, and Truman seems fine. Glad to see Nord stuck around on art. 8/10

Anybody pick up (or see) the Fourth World Omnibus? Thought it had been pushed back to today.
    "Truthfulness is only an added benefit when it happens to drop into your lap."--Kevin "Pig Virus" Metheny

I touched it until I orgasmed in delight, but I could not afford to purchase it until Friday. And now I can't go back in the Silver Snail because I refused to clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    I think Boris kicks ass... that's not a question... hell, that's not even an opinion. It's a statement of fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Hassan View Post
    Anybody pick up (or see) the Fourth World Omnibus? Thought it had been pushed back to today.
    I too wish to know exactly how much greatness this contains. And dumb it down for the layperson who doesn't know a lot of Kirby stuff