BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Question

Oblivion Question

If I kill a homeowner, can I use their house for storage or will the game delete my stored items after a few days?

I'm planning on starting a thief character and I thought this would be a good way to stockpile some goods while I save enough to buy a house.

Re: Oblivion Question

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jay View Post
    If I kill a homeowner, can I use their house for storage or will the game delete my stored items after a few days?

I'm planning on starting a thief character and I thought this would be a good way to stockpile some goods while I save enough to buy a house.
    I believe a house is the only thing that will keep your stuff around, although I could swear I dropped stuff for load reasons and it stayed where I dropped it for an awfully long time.
    Originally Posted by Glixy:
    I'm not sure if you're middle aged, but the only things I know about you are your avatar picture, and that you are a lawyer, so I picture you as some kind of cross between K. Richards, and L. Hutz.

If it's a house you've purchased, it will store your stuff forever. However, if it's just one you clear, the stuff will get deleted just as in any "public" area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
    I believe a house is the only thing that will keep your stuff around, although I could swear I dropped stuff for load reasons and it stayed where I dropped it for an awfully long time.
    I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to experiment. Mainly I'm thinking about stolen loot, and how it may take some time before I find the people who will buy stolen things. The whole idea becomes moot if I'm wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Poster View Post
    If it's a house you've purchased, it will store your stuff forever. However, if it's just one you clear, the stuff will get deleted just as in any "public" area.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

There is a thieves/assassin/vampire base that you can obtain through a quest, isn't there? The Vile Den or something like that - I think it was an add on you could buy. For the couple of "real" bucks it will cost you, that may be a better alternative...

I had it - it was neat and you had a henchman who would just go out and kill. Whatever loot he got from the victim would go to you.
    Originally Posted by Glixy:
    I'm not sure if you're middle aged, but the only things I know about you are your avatar picture, and that you are a lawyer, so I picture you as some kind of cross between K. Richards, and L. Hutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
    There is a thieves/assassin/vampire base that you can obtain through a quest, isn't there? The Vile Den or something like that - I think it was an add on you could buy. For the couple of "real" bucks it will cost you, that may be a better alternative...

I had it - it was neat and you had a henchman who would just go out and kill. Whatever loot he got from the victim would go to you.
    That's an add-on, I believe.

If you just want a place to dump your stuff, the shack in the imperial city only costs 5 grand or so.

Money is easy to get.

Join the thieves guild. Steal every piece of silver cutlery, dish, vase etc. Steal all the alchemy equipment from all the mages guilds. Sell it to your fence.

Steal every food item you can, and make Restore Fatigue potions and sell those also. Steal, steal, steal!

And get this add on.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=4325

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Poster View Post
    That's an add-on, I believe.

If you just want a place to dump your stuff, the shack in the imperial city only costs 5 grand or so.
    When I was fairly early in the game on my current Wizard character, 5k was a hell of alot of money. Sounds like it's much easier to make fast cash as a thief, though.

When I was fairly early in the game on my current Wizard character, 5k was a hell of alot of money. Sounds like it's much easier to make fast cash as a thief, though.
    Yeah - rob places that seel weapons and alchemy stuff and you can make the dough pretty quickly.

Get the unbreakable lockpick (daedric quest) for even easier stealing.