BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Weinstein to re-release Grindhouse as two separate movies?

GODFATHER

Re: Weinstein to re-release Grindhouse as two separate movies?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post
    It's a 3 hour ten minute long hard R rated genre movie, with an advertising campaign focusing on a very small group of people. How any smart person would have predicted this to be box office smash is beyond me.

I just wouldn't have guessed that the core audience was so considerably smaller than KILL BILL and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFlack View Post
    It's a 3 hour ten minute long hard R rated genre movie, with an advertising campaign focusing on a very small group of people. How any smart person would have predicted this to be box office smash is beyond me.

-Steve!
    Plus you are seeing two movies for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I just wouldn't have guessed that the core audience was so considerably smaller than KILL BILL and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO though.
    Well technically if you split it into two films that's like each made $12 Million opening weekend.

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by dEnny! View Post
    Well technically if you split it into two films that's like each made $12 Million opening weekend.
    Yeah, but KILL BILL and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO each opened at $22-23 million. I'm just not sure who all the people are that came out to the opening weekend for those movies but didn't for GRINDHOUSE.

Yeah, but KILL BILL and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO each opened at $22-23 million. I'm just not sure who all the people are that came out to the opening weekend for those movies but didn't for GRINDHOUSE.
    Me. I'll get to it in the next few weeks, but I just wasn't dying to see this. And I'd be more interested in just seeing Death Proof, to be honest.

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simpson of Earth-2 View Post
    Me. I'll get to it in the next few weeks, but I just wasn't dying to see this.
    I had to read that a couple of times. At first, I thought you were saying that sometime within the next couple of weeks you'd provide an explanation as to why you weren't interested in seeing the movie.

And around these parts, only Bendis gets away with that level of teasing a story.

There has got to be a group of people who would like to go out and see a film like this, but not on Easter. I don't know how large of a group that might be, but it exists. In some places, church attendance goes up close to 1000% on Easter.
    Taxman

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is not going to outgross Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Certainly not with an August opening. You can count on that.

This sounds like an evil plot to get $25m more out of the few people who wanted to see it and already have but will see it again just to see the extra footage...

I wonder how long it will remain a double bill. Since I'd hate to have to pay to see it twice.
    In Vino Veritas

GODFATHER

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    There has got to be a group of people who would like to go out and see a film like this, but not on Easter. I don't know how large of a group that might be, but it exists. In some places, church attendance goes up close to 1000% on Easter.
    Yeah, but that still leaves Friday and Saturday. And it's not like the box office across the board just drops off drastically this weekend. Other movies were able to find an audience, so the holiday shouldn't be used as an excuse for GRINDHOUSE not being able to do so.