Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She-Hulk questions...

Question She-Hulk questions...

Hey, I'm a new She-Hulk reader. I just started with issue 15 because of the Planet without a Hulk storyline (Hulk is my favorite character!). Anyway, I'm really enjoying and I'm thinking about sticking around for a while after the crossover but I have a few questions.

1.) How long has She-Hulk retained her form without turning back into Jennifer Walters?

2.) Who was she married to?

3.) Did she get divorced? Why?

4.) Do we know why Jen Walters can't un-Hulkify (for lack of a better word)?

5.) Is Agent Cheescake really named Cheescake? If so, why???

6.) Is Clay Quartermain a character used in past comics or is he new?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Re: She-Hulk questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
    Hey, I'm a new She-Hulk reader. I just started with issue 15 because of the Planet without a Hulk storyline (Hulk is my favorite character!). Anyway, I'm really enjoying and I'm thinking about sticking around for a while after the crossover but I have a few questions.

1.) How long has She-Hulk retained her form without turning back into Jennifer Walters?
    She was Jennifer Walters at the beginning of issue #16, so less than an issue ago.

Col. John Jonah Jameson, Jr. a.k.a. Man-Wolf a.k.a. Stargod

She is currently separated and is using her maiden name again. Presumedly, she will seek an anullment. Basically, she learned that the only reason she married him was because of Starfox's love spell, which Awesome Andy unknowingly maintained. She was on the verge of breaking up with John before the love spell hit, and after it was over she realized she wasn't really in love with him.

Not can't. Won't. She is perfectly capable of changing back to Jen Walters. She just doesn't WANT to.

Yes, and because it is funny.

He's new to me, but he is an established character.

You're welcome!

Eddie

I will answer what I can, but if anyone else can give a better answer please do.

1.) How long has She-Hulk retained her form without turning back into
    Jennifer Walters?
    In issue 14 she came back from an outer-space adventure in issue 13 as Jen Walters. We don't know why yet, because Dan left out a scene between these two issues. Can't wait to find out why. Before that though it was a long time. She has been keeping that form (and being adamant about doing so) for most of this series.

John Jameson (J Jonah Jamesons son). He is the Man-Wolf/the Star-God. The Star-God looks like the Man-Wolf, but has cosmic powers and is rather more eloquent.

We are not sure if she is divorced yet, that would have been covered in that scene I mentioned Dan left out between issue 13 and 14. Why is simple enough though. Basically her whole marriage was instigated by an outside "love zap" that made her fall madly in love with John Jameson.

The other possible love interest for Shulkie is Pug (see my sig). Pug is also a lawyer at Jen's firm. He is an all round nice guy, but after seeing Jen act like a school girl over John Jameson, he too has taken a love potion to forget Jen.
    Jen should totally end up with Pug. Are you listening Dan? I said "Jen should totally end up with Pug".

It's psychological.

Yeah, she really is called Cheesecake. She is an LMD (life model decoy), which basically means she is a robot. She was designed to be sexy, so that when she is fighting men, they are too busy looking at her jubly bits to fight back. Not a bad distraction tactic.
    He has been used in past comics. Can't remember where though. Possibly Captain America?
    My pleasure, but I think others may be able to answer some of these questions better. If it raises more questions please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Dingo; 03-12-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Eddie and Dingo have provided excellent answers. As they point out, we don't know yet why Jen/She-Hulk and John/Stargod are separated. First impressions from scenes in issues #6 and #14 suggest that She-Hulk was going to dump John. But in this series first impressions are usually later revealed to be wrong.

My feeling is that the Jen-John-Pug triangle got put through the mixer in the previous arc and has now been left to bake for a while. I'm sure we'll be coming back to it later. In a similar vein, it looks like the Mallory/Andy relationship isn't being dropped outright after she dumped him and will have some follow up of its own.

Clay is a well-established character. He's been running around with SHIELD since the sixties.
    Spoiler:

The of the KTT Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by Edward J. Cunningham View Post
    She was Jennifer Walters at the beginning of issue #16, so less than an issue ago.
    Wolverine said that she smelled like syntha-derm, which is the artificial flesh SHIELD uses for their LMD's and their masks (that's what Wolvie said anyhow). So I thought that she was dressed up like a camper, and had a mask and wig on to fool Wendigo.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions Edward, Dingo, wessner, and Jack Rabbit! I just have a couple more...

1.) Does Pug have any superpowers? Is he a cyborg or something?

2.) Does She-Hulk/Jen Walters work at that lawfirm anymore?

Wolverine said that she smelled like syntha-derm, which is the artificial flesh SHIELD uses for their LMD's and their masks (that's what Wolvie said anyhow). So I thought that she was dressed up like a camper, and had a mask and wig on to fool Wendigo.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions Edward, Dingo, wessner, and Jack Rabbit! I just have a couple more...

1.) Does Pug have any superpowers? Is he a cyborg or something?

2.) Does She-Hulk/Jen Walters work at that lawfirm anymore?

1) Nope, but he payed his way through college as a bouncer, so he can handle himself.

2) Not sure about that. There are a few complications. First off, she was drafted, second, I am not convinced that the whole law firm isn't just an elabourate ruse for the magistrati (cosmic lawyers of which Shulkie is one) to keep tabs on her.

Thanks, Dingo. I really appreciate the help in getting caught up. I plan to get the trades eventually but I'm going to wait until I'm done reading The Invisibles (I have one more trade to go!) and Transmetropolitan before I buy any more.

Thanks, Dingo. I really appreciate the help in getting caught up. I plan to get the trades eventually but I'm going to wait until I'm done reading The Invisibles (I have one more trade to go!) and Transmetropolitan before I buy any more.
    My pleasure...

Enjoy Invisibles/Transmetropolitan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    2) Not sure about that. There are a few complications. First off, she was drafted, second, I am not convinced that the whole law firm isn't just an elabourate ruse for the magistrati (cosmic lawyers of which Shulkie is one) to keep tabs on her.
    The law firm existed--and Jen was a member of it--before she ever became part of the Magistrati. I don't think the Magistrati would go to the bother of creating a false law firm just to keep an eye on one person.

as for Jen's status at the firm, I'd suspect it is unchanged. Jen's status as a superhero (and as an active Avenger, when she first joined the firm) never impacted on her employment at the firm--they just worked around her schedule. Even when she was absent for 3 months during her first case with the Magistrati, Jen still remained employed by the firm. I don't think She-Hulk's current status with SHIELD will end her association with the firm unless she decides she isn't going to go back. If anything, they may have her on an indefinate leave (like Holden Holliway).