PDA

View Full Version : Every get a phone call from ACADEMY COLLECTION SERVICE?

Shwicaz
01-16-2007, 12:14 PM
I can't even believe this.

I just got a phone call from a guy who was asking me for information on my neighbor.

I asked him why he didn't simply just call my neighbor, and he said that my neighbor's phone has been shut off/disconnected. He was a collections guy.

He then wanted me to go over to my neighbor's house and give him a message to call this collection agency.

I asked him why he was calling us, and how he got our phone number in regard to our neighbor's financial problems.

I dont' think my neighbor's financial situation is any of our business, and I sure as hell don't want to get harassing phone calls from bill collectors that have nothing to do with me or my husband.

So, I googled them, and found loads of complaints on them:

http://whocalled.us/lookup/2153200424

anyone else get called by these fuckwits?

Shane W
01-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I thought that was illegal?

SethInAz
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
whatever they want, don't do it. people can get in serious trouble, especially if they are trying to get you to serve them notices and such.

gaspar
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Oooh...there should be hell to pay for that one. If my neighbor got a call from someone I owe money to, I'd be all up in that company's shit! I can't believe that this is legal...definitely check into it.

Jim T.
01-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Collection agencies are the scum of the universe.

Shwicaz
01-16-2007, 12:26 PM
the funny thing, is that my neighbor is a state trooper.

I'm half tempted to tell him what these people are doing.

I mean, if they are calling our house, they could be calling the whole neighborhood.

Jim T.
01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
the funny thing, is that my neighbor is a state trooper.

I'm half tempted to tell him what these people are doing.

I mean, if they are calling our house, they could be calling the whole neighborhood.

You should tell him. If it's not true, he needs to fix whatever it is that's triggering these calls (which may also be screwing up his credit report). If it is true, the collection agency has likely broken the local collection laws and he should go after them.

Robert A.
01-16-2007, 12:36 PM
This sort of thing has happened to my sister. A collection agency called several distant relatives, some we haven't talk too in 15 years, about a past due credit card.