PDA

View Full Version : Arachnomorphosis - What If? (2nd Series) #89

Shawn Kehoe
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Does anybody else remember this story? It was from the late era of the 90's What If series, when the series no longer was focused on a single divergence in Marvel history, but instead took on a more elseworlds feel.

Peter transforms into a carnivorous monster at night, his son Ben is developing the same problems, and poor Gwen died giving childbirth. Peter never donned the costume in this reality. It really made an impression on me at the time, and now I've gotta see if it escaped one of my many long box purges from a few years ago.

Here is a link to the cover shot: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=68955

Shawn

Vonn Hennigar
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds pretty weak to be honest. Then again i hate when the SPIDER part of Spider-Man is emphasized too much.

Shawn Kehoe
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Excellent, it did escape the purge!

The issue was also quite violent, which might explain the lack of a Comics Code box on a 1996 Marvel Comic.

Shawn

Shawn Kehoe
01-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Sounds pretty weak to be honest. Then again i hate when the SPIDER part of Spider-Man is emphasized too much.

But it's ok to emphasise the pig in Spider-ham, right? ;)

This is quite a bit darker than the six-arms storyline, I cannot compare it to the Other as I only read the first few issues of that storyline.

Shawn