PDA

View Full Version : Does DKR actually apply to Batman continuity?

FredC
03-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Or is it just an "Elseworlds" ish tale?

Alexander Hamilton
Elseworlds

JABSEN
It doesn't

BWC Boston
03-21-2005, 07:11 PM
It could.

It's one of those "possible future" tales. But since there's Cold War stuff, it's pretty much an Elseworlds by now.

JABSEN
03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
It could.

It's one of those "possible future" tales. But since there's Cold War stuff, it's pretty much an Elseworlds by now.That's a long way to say no.

FredC
03-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I figured as much, but still kind of ticks me off. Still, i like to pretend it applies to the actual Batman universe...

RegularJoe
03-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I figured as much, but still kind of ticks me off. Still, i like to pretend it applies to the actual Batman universe...

as far as the montlies, no. but who's to say it isn't a part of the real batman universe? that's the thing with comics: it all exists with each other quite happily. we're the ones who demand on 100% agreement between all things. DKR is great 'cause it's DKR. no more thought needed.

thatguylobo
03-21-2005, 07:37 PM

as far as the montlies, no. but who's to say it isn't a part of the real batman universe? that's the thing with comics: it all exists with each other quite happily. we're the ones who demand on 100% agreement between all things. DKR is great 'cause it's DKR. no more thought needed.

On a side note, I'd like to mention my great and mighty love for the adaptation of DKR that they did on Batman: The Animated Series. Like to see them try that on The Batman. Bah!

Mike Haseloff
03-21-2005, 07:40 PM
I'd say there's never been any question - this is an "Elseworlds" story.

However, guys like Jeph Loeb, who seem to draw a lot on Miller's Year One, have also been injecting pieces of DKR (and we've even see some Kingdom Come-esque moments).

[hide:5e1324f87a=Things like (click for psuedo-spoilers)]- Lex Luthor becoming president.

- Harvey Dent having reconstructive surgery on his face.[/hide:5e1324f87a]

I also think things like DKR have helped shape the relationship between Batman and Superman.

But, essentially, DKR itself is not in-continuity, and never will be.

Flonk
03-21-2005, 08:07 PM
It can't be, seeing as how it hasn't happened yet.