PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bendis!, a jaded question from a fan

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 01:36 AM
right when it was announced that you'd be taking over Daredevil, and before any of us (except maybe you and Jemas) knew about Ultimate Spiderman, you told me about your next b/w crime comic, about the history of certain parts of the mob in cleveland (i think), and how you had just started research for it. you told me this after i expressed concern about you becoming a strictly tights and capes creator once the Big Two figured out how great you are and decided to start throwing money and corporate projects at you. You told me not to worry, and that you'd never be more than a few months away from your black and white crime roots. (you also said something about not wanting to abandon your original supporters, but i don't remember exactly what, or if you meant your earlier fans or the "scene")

so, how's that book coming?
:Please:

this question was brought to you by a kid who's seen everybody else bitching about having to wait a few extra months for their books

Mike Haseloff
05-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Hey Bendis, tell Ellis I want my credit! :mad:

I've got to stop invading these Bendis threads...

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I've got to stop invading these Bendis threads...
meh
a bump's a bump

joeAR
05-04-2005, 01:51 AM
about as good as watchmen2

Mike Haseloff
05-04-2005, 01:52 AM
meh
a bump's a bumpDon't encourage me!
I'll only start raving about under appreciated characters!

Ellis really should've given me some sort of acknowledgment...

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 01:53 AM
about as good as watchmen2
DON'T CRUSH MY SOUL! :mad:

*sits and waits patiently for Big Numbers #3*

Jono
05-04-2005, 01:56 AM
You told me not to worry, and that you'd never be more than a few months away from your black and white crime roots.

Maybe he thought he'd only get a couple moths worth of Marvel work and then it would be back to the indie coal mine and bat mitzvah caricatures. But they keep offering stuff that sounds cool and fun, so hey, what the fuck, lets ride the wave a little longer. And now it's however many years later, and cool shit keeps coming, so hey, what the fuck.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Maybe he thought he'd only get a couple moths worth of Marvel work and then it would be back to the indie coal mine and bat mitzvah caricatures. But they keep offering stuff that sounds cool and fun, so hey, what the fuck, lets ride the wave a little longer. And now it's however many years later, and cool shit keeps coming, so hey, what the fuck.
again with the soul crushing.....

Sir Erudite Gav
05-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Don't encourage me!
I'll only start raving about under appreciated characters!

Imperius Rex!

AAlgar
05-04-2005, 02:02 AM
this question was brought to you by a kid

Bingo.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-04-2005, 02:02 AM
*sings*

Hey Bendis!

*the crowd sings*

Hey Bendis!

*sings*

Where's me fuckin' bike?!

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Bingo.
Stop oppressing me with your old age, old man!

Jono
05-04-2005, 02:12 AM
again with the soul crushing.....

How Professor Frink of you

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 02:13 AM
How Professor Frink of you
i don't know who that is

Jono
05-04-2005, 02:16 AM
i don't know who that is

Professor Frink, from the Simpsons? Glavin? any of this ring a bell?

joeAR
05-04-2005, 02:18 AM
i don't know who that is

:no: forshame

Mike Haseloff
05-04-2005, 04:15 AM
Imperius Rex!:)

Jacob Lyon Goddard
05-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Professor Frink, from the Simpsons? Glavin? any of this ring a bell?
oh yeah
never knew his name, but i know who you're talking about

Mike Haseloff
05-04-2005, 04:19 AM
oh yeah
never knew his name, but i know who you're talking aboutGoddard is too cool for pop culture.

Do the Simpsons still count as pop culture? :?

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-04-2005, 05:14 AM
right when it was announced that you'd be taking over Daredevil, and before any of us (except maybe you and Jemas) knew about Ultimate Spiderman, you told me about your next b/w crime comic, about the history of certain parts of the mob in cleveland (i think), and how you had just started research for it. you told me this after i expressed concern about you becoming a strictly tights and capes creator once the Big Two figured out how great you are and decided to start throwing money and corporate projects at you. You told me not to worry, and that you'd never be more than a few months away from your black and white crime roots. (you also said something about not wanting to abandon your original supporters, but i don't remember exactly what, or if you meant your earlier fans or the "scene")

so, how's that book coming?
:Please:

this question was brought to you by a kid who's seen everybody else bitching about having to wait a few extra months for their books

Being Strictly Tights & Capes Wouldn't Be Abondoning His Fans. It's Still Good Writing.

Wayno.

AAlgar
05-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Being Strictly Tights & Capes Wouldn't Be Abondoning His Fans. It's Still Good Writing.

Wayno.

He's abandoning his more narrow-minded fans who think he should only be writing in one genre.

Smokinblues
05-04-2005, 05:19 AM

Wayno.

he's not talking about aaaaalll his fans. Just him.

Randomus
05-04-2005, 05:21 AM
He's abandoning his more narrow-minded fans who think he should only be writing in one genre.

That warrants an "Oh snap!"

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-04-2005, 05:24 AM

I'm Suprised Your Not In Construction, You Hit The Nail On The Head Alot.

Wayno.

Bill?
05-04-2005, 07:21 AM
i hope he does get back to that stuff one day soon.
but he's been getting so many great high profile projects lately, i can hardly blame him.
what this new creator owned thing i hear him and oeming are doing?

twigglet
05-04-2005, 07:26 AM
If someone liked Marvel offered me a lot of money, to write some of the top sellign comics in America, I'd definitly write them over stuff what won't pay the rent.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-04-2005, 10:34 AM
If someone liked Marvel offered me a lot of money, to write some of the top sellign comics in America, I'd definitly write them over stuff what won't pay the rent.

Word.

Wayno.