PDA

View Full Version : I gave out prints to my office mates

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 06:58 AM
for christmas. I really didn't think anybody would give a shit or think it's cheesy and will eventually find its way to the garbage, but I couldn't believe the reactions I am getting... my boss was all giddy and asked to sign and date it before he got it framed, my other co-worker already took it to have it framed, one had her daughter call me from home to thank me and all that -- I never expected these reactions and it's making my morning coming back to work after christmas a good one. yay.

james michael
12-26-2006, 06:59 AM
its because your prints are fucking awesome...

McAfee
12-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Yet another reason you kick ass. If it wasn't such a bitch of a commute, I'd want to work with you. ;)

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 07:05 AM
its because your prints are fucking awesome...

:heart:

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Yet another reason you kick ass. If it wasn't such a bitch of a commute, I'd want to work with you. ;)

aw, how nice! but I'm not one of those who bring in home baked brownies and stuff... there's a girl here who does that a lot... bakes and cooks shit for us and bring 'em in. she's a goddess.

Jef UK
12-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Very cool.

Scotty
12-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Sweetness.

ClintP
12-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Taki, your work is really good. I am continually surprised with how modest you and other artists are.

RCody
12-26-2006, 08:12 AM
I've seen Clint's masterpiece creation that you did. He has it hanging on his wall now; I love to stare at it and consume it's awesomeness.

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Taki, your work is really good. I am continually surprised with how modest you and other artists are.

aw thanks.

I just thought people are always surprised because I jump out at them from a corner and yell 'ooglay booglay'

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I've seen Clint's masterpiece creation that you did. He has it hanging on his wall now; I love to stare at it and consume it's awesomeness.

awesome!

I've seen the picture after it was framed. I cannot tell you how awesome that makes me feel.

ClintP
12-26-2006, 08:20 AM
awesome!

I've seen the picture after it was framed. I cannot tell you how awesome that makes me feel.

I can't wait for it to be worth millions!;) And then I will tell you how awesome it really is!

RCody
12-26-2006, 08:20 AM
awesome!

I just call 'em as I see 'em. What's your website? Clint is always telling me about it; I wanna be a part of the Taki-entourage!

ClintP
12-26-2006, 08:21 AM
I just call 'em as I see 'em. What's your website? Clint is always telling me about it; I wanna be a part of the Taki-entourage!

It's in her sig you silly guy!

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I can't wait for it to be worth millions!;) And then I will tell you how awesome it really is!

dang, and I'll Kato at your mansion from the very money you gain from selling it because you know... I'll probably be a starving artist... OH THE IRONY!

RCody
12-26-2006, 08:24 AM
It's in her sig you silly guy!

I changed the board settings here at work so sigs won't show up. I completely forgot about it.

One of my coworkers saw the Beranak's sig and thought I was looking up nudey pictures at work. I had to explain the madness that is the bendis board. All she did was laugh...

ClintP
12-26-2006, 08:26 AM
I changed the board settings here at work so sigs won't show up. I completely forgot about it.

One of my coworkers saw the Beranak's sig and thought I was looking up nudey pictures at work. I had to explain the madness that is the bendis board. All she did was laugh...

You can turn pictures off and leave the sigs on. Then, all you have to do is click the links that are there if you want to see the pictures.;)

RCody
12-26-2006, 08:29 AM
You can turn pictures off and leave the sigs on. Then, all you have to do is click the links that are there if you want to see the pictures.;)

Look at your post count, and then look at mine. That should tell you that I'm not even a novice at the benbo functions. He'll I just found out what benbo was...

Professor Oreo
12-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Your work totally rocks Taki!

Brian Defferding
12-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Very very cool!

RCody
12-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Your work toty rocks Taki!

Your's does to Prof. I love your two-face, freeze, and joker. They're sweet! I also saw your Sentry bust; it's badass. I can't wait for the day until you start doing Batman covers and interior art. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when! ;-)

Bedlam66
12-26-2006, 09:35 AM
aw thanks.

I just thought people are always surprised because I jump out at them from a corner and yell 'ooglay booglay'
Dammit, Don't make me laugh. The Bronchitis Santa gave me for X-mas Makes me cough when I laugh. Love your Work, and don't worry about becoming a starving artist, your hot enough I'm sure I can fit you into my Harem somewhere.:grope: ;)

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Dammit, Don't make me laugh. The Bronchitis Santa gave me for X-mas Makes me cough when I laugh. Love your Work, and don't worry about becoming a starving artist, your hot enough I'm sure I can fit you into my Harem somewhere.:grope: ;)

I live to make people laugh

but I live to hurt people who objectify me too ;-)

badpoet
12-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Sounds like a lucky office. We didn't exchange gifts this year : (

Queen of the Ban Age
12-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Who WOULDN'T want a Taki print?

If you find someone, let me know. I'll beat them up. :)

Taxman
12-26-2006, 10:13 AM
for christmas. I really didn't think anybody would give a shit or think it's cheesy and will eventually find its way to the garbage, but I couldn't believe the reactions I am getting... my boss was all giddy and asked to sign and date it before he got it framed, my other co-worker already took it to have it framed, one had her daughter call me from home to thank me and all that -- I never expected these reactions and it's making my morning coming back to work after christmas a good one. yay.People aren't really accustomed to getting art of that quality, especially from the artist.

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Who WOULDN'T want a Taki print?

If you find someone, let me know. I'll beat them up. :)

how about I just give you my enemies' names and tell you they don't like my art?

Taki Soma
12-26-2006, 10:53 AM
People aren't really accustomed to getting art of that quality, especially from the artist.

yea I guess not. They kept asking me how I was able to do it all shiny... ummm... because it was printed on a glossy cardstock... :scared:

and asking me why I still work here... and then I cry...

Queen of the Ban Age
12-26-2006, 10:55 AM
how about I just give you my enemies' names and tell you they don't like my art?

That will work, too. I'm in the mood for some carnage. :twisted:

Bedlam66
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I live to make people laugh

but I live to hurt people who objectify me too ;-)
*hides* Please Don't Hurt Me. *peeks out from behind the Sofa* Ok well Maybe a little :p

Taxman
12-26-2006, 12:42 PM
and asking me why I still work here... and then I cry...:cry: