PDA

View Full Version : I want a live action G.I. JOE movie now dammit!

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 05:38 PM
So seeing the super cool Transformers trailer and hearing Cullen say “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings” has given my 30 year old geek ass an overload. The movie may suck a big fatty but I will gladly pay any amount to see Cullen as Prime in a live action flick. It also got me thinking about the other 80’s cartoon I watched on a daily basis before leaving for school: G.I. JOE. Damn did I love that show then and those action figures and vehicles. Out of nostalgia I even bought the DVD box sets of the show and most of them are still as good as I remembered.

Now, what do my fellow Bendis Boarders think about a live action G.I. JOE movie? How about a NextGen videogame? I would personally LOVE to see a videogame. Have the choice of a ton of different Joes and perform missions in vehicles with elements borrowed from Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid. Imagine sneaking through the COBRA TerrorDome as Snake Eyes taking out Vipers on your way to fighting Xamot and Tomax and StormShadow! Someone seriously needs to get off their ass and work on this NOW.

For a live action flick here’s what I came up with:
These are the characters I would put into a live action flick and some of the actors I think would be solid in the role. Any thoughts?

Joes:

Duke – Bruce Willis
Snake Eyes – No name stuntman who like Cobra Commander would never remove his mask in the film.
Flint – Jason Statham
Roadblock – Michael Clarke Duncan
Lady Jaye – Maura Tierney
General Hawk – George Clooney
Gung Ho – Hell if I know, some WWE superstar would work, Batista maybe?
Scarlett – Scarlett Johansen
Sgt. Slaughter – Himself
Stalker – Will Smith
Spirit – Adam Beach
Jinx – Lucy Liu
Shipwreck – I loves me some Shipwreck. How bout Rob Schneider as the comedic Joe?

Cobra:

Cobra Commander – It’s incredibly depressing that Chris Latta is dead. As satisfying as it will be to see Optimus voiced by Peter Cullen I would have loved to see Latta as the voice for the Commander with some nobody playing the body. I guess I’ll go with whoever can do the best Lattaesque Cobra Commander impression then.
Destro – I would make him a black guy. I know, Destro is a Scottish Arms dealer, but for crying out loud in the cartoon he LOOKS like a black guy and SOUNDS like a black guy, only he has a white chest.
Zartan – No idea either.
Baroness – Jennifer Connelly?
Dr. Mindbender – Joe Pantoliano
Stormshadow – Jet Li? I dunno.
Major Bludd – no clue.
Firefly – a no name stuntman would work.
Xamot and Tomax – also no idea who could lead the Crimson Guard.

Of course my G.I. JOE movie would cost 200 Million in actor salaries alone, but damn it this is my fantasy. Damn I am feeling extra dorky tonight. Good thing I can have sex with my wife later to redeem myself. ;)

Georgie
12-22-2006, 05:52 PM
For Destro, you could use that dude thats in the new Blood Diamond movie.

And for Flint...Jason Statham is too small...If his voice was high, he'd be a good Major Bludd. If Matty Damon did the dark hair, I could almost see him as Flint (my personal favorite Joe, right along side with Beach Head and Shipwreck). Speaking of Shipwreck, definatley NOT Rob Schneider....But I have no one better to suggest.

sto110
12-22-2006, 05:54 PM
destro could be the black dude from dawn of the dead (forget his name)

i was just tlaking about this the other day. this and another he-man movie would round out my childhood

Pat Loika
12-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Sean Connery as Destro.

Gary Oldman as Cobra Commander.

P.

UltimateQuintessa
12-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Don Johnson as Chuckles.

Pat Loika
12-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Don Johnson as Chuckles.

I like the way you think!

P.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Don Johnson as Chuckles.

Don Johnson was Lt. Falcon

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Sean Connery as Destro.

P.

Oooooh, fucking brilliant, Pat.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Sean Connery as Destro.

P.

1) Noooooooooooo

2) Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

On a related topic...can we fucking get a new GI Joe game with an engine like Star Wars: Battlefield or Mercenaries? PLEASE?! Red Lazers Vs. Blue Lazers all the way.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Don Johnson was Lt. Falcon

Beat me too it...

And by the way, Fuck Falcon.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
destro could be the black dude from dawn of the dead (forget his name)

i was just tlaking about this the other day. this and another he-man movie would round out my childhood

Ving Rhames...yeah, not bad at all. In fact that's my Destro. I honestly believe that Destro was supposed to be black but they simply changed the color of his skin and claimed he was Scottish at the last minute.

Pat Loika
12-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Statham as Bludd? I like that idea...have him say some of his infamous poems, too...

P.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Ving Rhames...yeah, not bad at all. In fact that's my Destro. I honestly believe that Destro was supposed to be black but they simply changed the color of his skin and claimed he was Scottish at the last minute.

Yeah, Destro is black. He's always been black. I don't know anyone that's got the right voice for him, though...

And how would the mask work? The steelface ala Dr. Doom would kinda ruin his character...

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Beat me too it...

And by the way, Fuck Falcon.

Agreed.

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:03 PM
since when was destro ever black? wasnt he a scottish arms dealer?

oh i see you made him black

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Why did this just pop into my head?

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/kane_wwe.jpg = http://www.joeheadquarters.com/charpics/nemesis.jpg

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:06 PM

Have you ever heard or seen him speak? There's no way he ain't black. That's like saying Panthro isn't black.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:07 PM
For Destro, you could use that dude thats in the new Blood Diamond movie.

And for Flint...Jason Statham is too small...If his voice was high, he'd be a good Major Bludd. If Matty Damon did the dark hair, I could almost see him as Flint (my personal favorite Joe, right along side with Beach Head and Shipwreck). Speaking of Shipwreck, definatley NOT Rob Schneider....But I have no one better to suggest.

Yeah, I'm a huge Flint fan myself. I actually had thoughts on Flint too. It's too bad we can't go back in time ten or fifteen years and cast Bruce Willis then as Flint and Ed Harris as Duke. I really couldn't think of anyone else to play Shipwreck who gave me some of my favorite moments from the show even though character wise he sucks. He had GREAT one-liners and jokes and was a fantastic smart ass. Sacha Baron Cohen, maybe?

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Have you ever heard or seen him speak? There's no way he ain't black. That's like saying Panthro isn't black.

are you talking about the cartoon? some of those cartoon voices were horrible, especially cobra commander.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:11 PM

I specifically pointed out that his features (aside from the white chest) and his voice were black. The only thing that made him a Scottish Arms dealer was they said he was. How many Scottish arms dealers do you know who wear pimp clothes and don't even remotely sound Scottish? I honestly believe he was originally supposed to be black, but someone changed their mind and colored his chest white.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:11 PM
are you talking about the cartoon? some of those cartoon voices were horrible, especially cobra commander.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Chris Latta's Cobra Commander is one of the greatest cartoon voices of all time.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:12 PM

I remember at one point I said you were one of my favorite posters...

I take that back.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM

I take that back.

Yeah, wow. I love Kingmob (plus he's within driving distance) but you learn something new every day.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge Flint fan myself. I actually had thoughts on Flint too. It's too bad we can't go back in time ten or fifteen years and cast Bruce Willis then as Flint and Ed Harris as Duke. I really couldn't think of anyone else to play Shipwreck who gave me some of my favorite moments from the show even though character wise he sucks. He had GREAT one-liners and jokes and was a fantastic smart ass. Sacha Baron Cohen, maybe?

Yeah know...maybe one of the newer Dukes Of Hazzard could play him...Either one of those boys might be able to pull it off...

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:15 PM

I take that back.

:lol:

I never liked his voice, he was way way too whiny.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:16 PM
:lol:

I never liked his voice, he was way way too whiny.

That was Cobra Commander's personality! That's what made him so flawed that he never won!

HE WAS ONCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris McCarver
12-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I'll throw my hat into the casting ring:

Hawk/Col. Clayton Abernathy: Mark Harmon (NCIS)
Duke/M. Sgt. Conrad Hauser: Kenneth Johnson (The Shield)
Scarlett/Sgt. Shana O'Hara: Laura Prepon (That 70's Show)
Snake Eyes: Mark Dacascos (Crow: Stairway to Heaven)
Shipwreck/CPO Hector Delgado: Nicholas Turturro (NYPD Blue)
Roadblock/Spc. Marvin Hinton: Ving Rhames (Mission: Impossible)
Spirit/Spc. Charlie Ironknife: Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order)

Cobra Commander: Anybody could play the guy in the mask, I hear voice actor Scott McNeil (Beast Wars) does a mean Latta.
James McCullen Destro: Laurence Fishburne
Baroness Anastasia DeCobray: Carrie Anne Moss (The Matrix)
Maj. Sebastian Bludd: Karl Urban (I'd say Trevor Goddard or Kevin "Ares" Smith if both hadn't passed away)
Storm Shadow/Tommy Arashikage: Robin Shou (Mortal Kombat)
Zartan: Jason Statham (Transporter)

Pat Loika
12-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Larry Hama saw it fit to make him a white Scottish guy, and Larry Hama created the characters. So, HAMA is right, and Destro's a Scot!

P.

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:20 PM
That was Cobra Commander's personality! That's what made him so flawed that he never won!

HE WAS ONCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man, I guess what it comes down to is that I was always more of a fan of the toys and the comics that I ever was of that cartoon. I never understood how Lifeline was a pacifist and his action figure came with a pistol either.

I like serpentor, but only because there was this one cool story in the comic where they took all these different DNAs from like ghengis kahn or whoever and maybe napoleon. I never watched the cartoon much around the time of serpentor though.

Larry Hama saw it fit to make him a white Scottish guy, and Larry Hama created the characters. So, HAMA is right, and Destro's a Scot!

P.

yeah I always thought he was scottish, you know, james earl jones did the voice of vader too, but vader was white. I figured it was one of those things with the cartoon too.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Ah, the good old debate over Comics or Cartoon.

Myself personally, grew up uber-poor, so my parents never spent money on comics, where as TV for me was free, so it was all about the cartoons. When I got older, I read a lot of the comics I found for super cheap (and terrible condition) in an antique store. I dug most of what I read, but the cartoons came first, so the characters are always gonna be that way.

Plus, in the newer comics, didn't they make Destro black? I know his son was.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdmU4PanLE4&mode=related&search=

Watch this video and Destro's voice kicks in at 1:23. Tell me again how he's a Scottish arms dealer.

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Ah, the good old debate over Comics or Cartoon.

Myself personally, grew up uber-poor, so my parents never spent money on comics, where as TV for me was free, so it was all about the cartoons. When I got older, I read a lot of the comics I found for super cheap (and terrible condition) in an antique store. I dug most of what I read, but the cartoons came first, so the characters are always gonna be that way.

Plus, in the newer comics, didn't they make Destro black? I know his son was.

I honestly dont remember if they made him black or not. I honestly havent read any of them since they came out, and that was only sporadic

Did they ever reprint any of them in tpb by chance?

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I honestly dont remember if they made him black or not. I honestly havent read any of them since they came out, and that was only sporadic

Did they ever reprint any of them in tpb by chance?

Of the newer ones from Devil's Due, I don't think so...

I know they reprinted a bunch of the ones from the 80s with J. Scott Cambell covers, but as far as the newer ones, I can't be sure. I work at B&N, and I haven't seen in come in or go, so who knows.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 06:32 PM
oh, and here's the actor who played Destro:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/burghardt.jpg

Sheesh, Arthur Burghardt LOOKS like Destro.

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Of the newer ones from Devil's Due, I don't think so...

I know they reprinted a bunch of the ones from the 80s with J. Scott Cambell covers, but as far as the newer ones, I can't be sure. I work at B&N, and I haven't seen in come in or go, so who knows.

Oh I meant the old 80's Marvel ones. Out of the devils due ones I've only read reloaded or whatever that original 4 issue mini was that came out first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdmU4PanLE4&mode=related&search=

Watch this video and Destro's voice kicks in at 1:23. Tell me again how he's a Scottish arms dealer.

yeah, that just made me cringe, and whats up with the music in the background? :lol:

destro's pecks look white.

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Ray Wise + Snake Eyes = Perfect.

Tony Jaa + Storm Shadow = Perfect.

No Sean Connery! He'd be too expensive, plus he would want to make too many changes to his character.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Oh I meant the old 80's Marvel ones. Out of the devils due ones I've only read reloaded or whatever that original 4 issue mini was that came out first.

Well then I just answered your question. Happy Hunting.

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 06:39 PM
oh, and here's the actor who played Destro:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/burghardt.jpg

Sheesh, Arthur Burghardt LOOKS like Destro.
:lol: Yes, he has that certain droll and dapper, but malevolent look to him.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-22-2006, 06:42 PM
everybody keeps clammering on about how awesome G I Joe was, but the only episode i remember is one where the Cobra Commander started a rock and roll band.
even at 7 or however the fuck old i was, i knew it was pretty stupid

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:46 PM
everybody keeps clammering on about how awesome G I Joe was, but the only episode i remember is one where the Cobra Commander started a rock and roll band.

The Cobra-Las and Jem need to tour together, for realz.

KingMob
12-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Well then I just answered your question. Happy Hunting.

hmm, looks like some may be out of print.

Foolish Mortal
Ah, well the characters and the concepts were always better than the stories themselves.

The Marvel comic series was far better written by the way.

Brad N.

Wow, Goddard doesn't like something that everyone else does? Amazing! Nah, that episode was incredibly cheesey, but aside from that it would be hard for you to find anyone between the ages of 28 and 35 who wasn't a total JOE freak. The toys, the comics, the cartoon was such a massive part of my childhood and the childhood or a lot of people. Sure there are episodes that today to your average adult looks shitty, but there are a TON of episodes that hold up to this day as a great story and a lot of fun.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-22-2006, 06:54 PM
i've heard good things about the comic (i've never read it), i played the fuck out of the toys when i was a tot

Georgie
12-22-2006, 06:59 PM
i've heard good things about the comic (i've never read it), i played the fuck out of the toys when i was a tot

Every single series geared towards kids ALWAYS had episodes like crap, whether it be GI Joe, Silverhawks, Thundercats, to Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers...But who cares? To me, it only adds charm.

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 07:03 PM
The comic had a bit more of a serious tone than the animated series. The soldiers could actually die and they made that abundantly clear. It felt more like a real war.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Every single series geared towards kids ALWAYS had episodes like crap, whether it be GI Joe, Silverhawks, Thundercats, to Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers...But who cares? To me, it only adds charm.

alright, i'm going to need you to tell me an episode of Power Rangers that wasn't complete crap

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:06 PM
alright, i'm going to need you to tell me an episode of Power Rangers that wasn't complete crap

I'll agree on that one.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 07:08 PM

Uh...the one where they morphed and got into a giant robot and fought an alien and won, and really speedy metal played...

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:11 PM
The comic had a bit more of a serious tone than the animated series. The soldiers could actually die and they made that abundantly clear. It felt more like a real war.

At one time a few years ago I had the entire Marvel run of the book. Quite good, really. Also, I must make it abundantly clear that I refuse to believe the Dic series ever existed. That and much of the G.I. JOE movie...but even Goddard has to admit this fucking rocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlUyqxmv2DA

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 07:12 PM
For me it was any episode of Power Rangers in Space that featured Tracy Lynn Cruz :ecstatic:

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-22-2006, 07:13 PM
At one time a few years ago I had the entire Marvel run of the book. Quite good, really. Also, I must make it abundantly clear that I refuse to believe the Dic series ever existed. That and much of the G.I. JOE movie...but even Goddard has to admit this fucking rocks:

everybody knows i hate things that "rock"!

Georgie
12-22-2006, 07:14 PM

Too bad that was when the movie peaked...

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Too bad that was when the movie peaked...

Yup. Imagine my horror after being wowed by that as a child...only to be introduced to Cobra-La.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:17 PM
everybody knows i hate things that "rock"!

Pishaw, it's your schtick. I happen to believe that deep inside you get into your tighty whiteys at night when you're alone and lip synch to Tom Jones.

c. page
12-22-2006, 07:18 PM

i agree. there was nothing about that show that rose above crap.

Georgie
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Yup. Imagine my horror after being wowed by that as a child...only to be introduced to Cobra-La.

And...Falcon...

David Aspmo
12-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I specifically pointed out that his features (aside from the white chest) and his voice were black. The only thing that made him a Scottish Arms dealer was they said he was. How many Scottish arms dealers do you know who wear pimp clothes and don't even remotely sound Scottish? I honestly believe he was originally supposed to be black, but someone changed their mind and colored his chest white.
The only thing that made him black was that the producers of the cartoon decided to cast a black man as the voice - and even that was very likely with the James Earl Jones/Darth Vader mindset made possible by the fact that he's wearing a mask. Like Pat says, Larry Hama created the character, and he always portrayed him as Scottish (Destro's even unmasked in the comics, and is shown to clearly be a white guy).

But... if you have to make him black, I'd say the obvious choice would be Lance Reddick (Lt. Daniels on The Wire).

I was thinking Oldman - who is often, and quite accurately, described as a chameleon of an actor - would be best utilized as Zartan.

I remember I once heard somebody suggest Christopher Lloyd as Major Bludd, and while it was definitely nowhere near what I would've thought of, for some reason, it really struck me as inspired. I pictured something like his Klingon character in Star Trek III - it'd be different, but I think it'd be cool.

And for Shipwreck, keep in mind that the idea behind the character on the cartoon (and unlike Destro, Hama never really had any use for Shipwreck, so the cartoon version really is the definitive version) was to write him like Popeye, but then have Neil Ross play him like Jack Nicholson. Now, Jack's too old, of course, but that'd be the direction I'd be looking (I wonder what Christian Slater would look like with a goatee and his hair dyed black?)

David Aspmo

c. page
12-22-2006, 07:26 PM
The only thing that made him black was that the producers of the cartoon decided to cast a black man as the voice - and even that was very likely with the James Earl Jones/Darth Vader mindset made possible by the fact that he's wearing a mask. Like Pat says, Larry Hama created the character, and he always portrayed him as Scottish (Destro's even unmasked in the comics, and is shown to clearly be a white guy).

But... if you have to make him black, I'd say the obvious choice would be Lance Reddick (Lt. Daniels on The Wire).

I was thinking Oldman - who is often, and quite accurately, described as a chameleon of an actor - would be best utilized as Zartan.

I remember I once heard somebody suggest Christopher Lloyd as Major Bludd, and while it was definitely nowhere near what I would've thought of, for some reason, it really struck me as inspired. I pictured something like his Klingon character in Star Trek III - it'd be different, but I think it'd be cool.

And for Shipwreck, keep in mind that the idea behind the character on the cartoon (and unlike Destro, Hama never really had any use for Shipwreck, so the cartoon version really is the definitive version) was to write him like Popeye, but then have Neil Ross play him like Jack Nicholson. Now, Jack's too old, of course, but that'd be the direction I'd be looking (I wonder what Christian Slater would look like with a goatee and his hair dyed black?)

David Aspmo

that's actually not a bad idea. plus, slater wouldn't exactly cost the producers a whole lot of money.

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 07:28 PM
i agree. there was nothing about that show that rose above crap.
Tracy Lynn Cruz! :furious:
http://i14.tinypic.com/470zslc.jpg

c. page
12-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Tracy Lynn Cruz! :furious:
http://i14.tinypic.com/470zslc.jpg

meh.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Okay, as for Destro...

I never meant him being black in the comics and cartoon as anything more serious than the whole Vader being black thing. My only thing was that I honestly think the hardcore fans (of which I am counting myself) wouldn't flip out over that in any way like they did in casting Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. A buff black guy with a deep menacing voice playing Destro IMO would make more sense and fans like me would actually applaud the move.

David Aspmo
12-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay, as for Destro...

I never meant him being black in the comics and cartoon as anything more serious than the whole Vader being black thing. My only thing was that I honestly think the hardcore fans (of which I am counting myself) wouldn't flip out over that in any way like they did in casting Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. A buff black guy with a deep menacing voice playing Destro IMO would make more sense and fans like me would actually applaud the move.
Oh, I know. That's why in the end I relented and suggested Reddick (a buff black guy with a deep menacing voice). ;-)

David Aspmo

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:34 PM

David Aspmo

Fuckin A right, man. Slater would ROCK as Shipwreck. Fuck Polly and that silly sailor suit we all love though. Give slater darker short hair and a goatee. Here's the Shipwreck I want:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/shipwreck7_large.jpg

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Oh, I know. That's why in the end I relented and suggested Reddick (a buff black guy with a deep menacing voice). ;-)

David Aspmo

And I agree it is a solid choice.

Chris McCarver
12-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I know this may sound weird considering the Scottish Destro vs. Black Destro debate, but shouldn't Shipwreck be cast with a Hispanic actor?

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I know this may sound weird considering the Scottish Destro vs. Black Destro debate, but shouldn't Shipwreck be cast with a Hispanic actor?

Good point. Hector Delgado apparently WAS Hispanic but in a reverse way he was voiced as a smart ass Nicholson. Hrm. I guess as I would advocate a black actor playing Destro I could see Slater playing a Hispanic feller from the San Diego shipyards. ;)

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 08:00 PM
WOW! I just found out the character Marissa Fairborne from the Transformers toon was Flint and Lady Jaye's daughter. Very cool.

Queen of the Ban Age
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Are you people high? Bruce Campbell was BORN to play Shipwreck. I mean, have you seen McHale's Navy? (I know, it was horrible) He practically WAS Shipwreck. He's even got the right voice.

My love of Bruce Campbell + my love of Shipwreck = awesome movie. Colin and I are thinking of cast members for others as we speak. But Bruce is my only choice.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Are you people high? Bruce Campbell was BORN to play Shipwreck. I mean, have you seen McHale's Navy? (I know, it was horrible) He practically WAS Shipwreck. He's even got the right voice.

My love of Bruce Campbell + my love of Shipwreck = awesome movie. Colin and I are thinking of cast members for others as we speak. But Bruce is my only choice.

I hold firm to the belief that the great Bruce Campbell could (or maybe SHOULD) play anyone in any movie or TV show ever. I'm incredibly okay with him playing ANYONE in G.I. JOE.

Queen of the Ban Age
12-22-2006, 08:41 PM
I hold firm to the belief that the great Bruce Campbell could (or maybe SHOULD) play anyone in any movie or TV show ever. I'm incredibly okay with him playing ANYONE in G.I. JOE.

Whenever there's casting around, be it male, female, or canine, my answer is ALWAYS Bruce Campbell.

He'd make an interesting Falcon. Oooh, how about Quick Kick? :D

stevapalooza
12-22-2006, 08:55 PM
The best part of the movie would be the end, where the cast would bust into some kid's house uninvited to lecture him about the dangers of plugging too many appliances into one outlet.

Scotty
12-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I like Pat's Idea as Gary Oldman as Cobra Commander

I have Ryan Rynolds as Shipwreck though if your going to have him in it.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Whenever there's casting around, be it male, female, or canine, my answer is ALWAYS Bruce Campbell.

He'd make an interesting Falcon. Oooh, how about Quick Kick? :D

I try to pretend that much of the movie (and therefore Falcon) didn't happen.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 08:59 PM
The best part of the movie would be the end, where the cast would bust into some kid's house uninvited to lecture him about the dangers of plugging too many appliances into one outlet.

How cool would that be though as like add ons or bloopers during the credits? Have Bruce Campbell dressed as Shipwreck telling some kids about using the buddy sytem when swimming.

Foolish Mortal
12-22-2006, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW4xMgV21Sg

Craig C
12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I'd rather have shipwreck be more like he was in the comic instead of the cartoon. I mean come on they sent him to SEAL training to try to get his attitude toned down and what do they get after he's been through SEAL training? A Shipwreck with an even more badass attitude than before. As for Gary Oldman as Cobra Commander? Yeah I can see it but use the used car salesman origin and not the damn Cobra-la one.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
I'd rather have shipwreck be more like he was in the comic instead of the cartoon. I mean come on they sent him to SEAL training to try to get his attitude toned down and what do they get after he's been through SEAL training? A Shipwreck with an even more badass attitude than before. As for Gary Oldman as Cobra Commander? Yeah I can see it but use the used car salesman origin and not the damn Cobra-la one.

Naturally.

Craig C
12-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Naturally.

Yep. Course if you have Duke in the movie you have to have Flint that's only natural but finding someone to play him is kind of hard though. What about Mickey Rourke playing one of the characters though? Wouldn't matter which one

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep. Course if you have Duke in the movie you have to have Flint that's only natural but finding someone to play him is kind of hard though. What about Mickey Rourke playing one of the characters though? Wouldn't matter which one

I'd love to have Hawk, Duke, and Flint in a scene talking about the chain of command. Mickey Rourke might make a great Zartan now that you mention it.

Craig C
12-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I'd love to have Hawk, Duke, and Flint in a scene talking about the chain of command. Mickey Rourke might make a great Zartan now that you mention it.

I see him more as Clutch or one of other original Joes myself.

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I see him more as Clutch or one of other original Joes myself.

Oooooh, Nick Nolte as Rock N Roll!!!

stevapalooza
12-22-2006, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW4xMgV21Sg

hehehe

Craig C
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Oooooh, Nick Nolte as Rock N Roll!!!

Samuel L. Jackson as Stalker

RegularJoe
12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
why is anyone else being listed for duke besides viggo mortenson?

Brad N.
12-22-2006, 11:08 PM
why is anyone else being listed for duke besides viggo mortenson?

Good question. I suppose it was because I made such a long list of characters and my brain was hurty.

Patrick J
12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
My friends and I have debated the issue(s). Here is your final cast list for the GI Joe: Live Action Movie.

GI Joe: The Movie
Directed by Michael Bay

COBRA:
Cobra Commander - Gary Oldman
Destro - Michael Gambon
Baroness - Kate Beckinsale
Dr. Mindbender - Peter Stormare
Major Bludd - Rade Serbedzija
Storm Shadow - Ray Park
Zartan - Dee Snider
Zandar - CM Punk
Zarana - Pauley Perrette
Ripper - Nathan Jones
Torch - Tyler Mane
Tomax/Xamot - Ewan McGregor

JOES:
General Hawk - Jon Voight
Lifeline - Steve Buscemi
Duke - Bruce Willis
Flint - Josh Hartnett
Gung-Ho - Dwayne Johnson
Beachhead - Jason Statham
Jinx - Lucy Liu
Lady Jaye - Demi Moore
Roadblock - Michael Clark Duncan
Scarlett - Scarlett Johansson
Snake-Eyes - Tony Jaa
Rock n' Roll - Owen Wilson
Sgt. Slaughter - Sgt. Slaughter
Shipwreck - Djimon Honsou

Brad N.
12-28-2006, 05:33 PM
My friends and I have debated the issue(s). Here is your final cast list for the GI Joe: Live Action Movie.

GI Joe: The Movie
Directed by Michael Bay

COBRA:
Cobra Commander - Gary Oldman
Destro - Michael Gambon
Baroness - Kate Beckinsale
Dr. Mindbender - Peter Stormare
Major Bludd - Rade Serbedzija
Storm Shadow - Ray Park
Zartan - Dee Snider
Zandar - CM Punk
Zarana - Pauley Perrette
Ripper - Nathan Jones
Torch - Tyler Mane
Tomax/Xamot - Ewan McGregor

JOES:
General Hawk - Jon Voight
Lifeline - Steve Buscemi
Duke - Bruce Willis
Flint - Josh Hartnett
Gung-Ho - Dwayne Johnson
Beachhead - Jason Statham
Jinx - Lucy Liu
Lady Jaye - Demi Moore
Roadblock - Michael Clark Duncan
Scarlett - Scarlett Johansson
Snake-Eyes - Tony Jaa
Rock n' Roll - Owen Wilson
Sgt. Slaughter - Sgt. Slaughter
Shipwreck - Djimon Honsou

Some good choices in there, but where did the black Shipwreck come from? From Slater to a Hispanic actor to Honsou?!?

Patrick J
12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Some good choices in there, but where did the black Shipwreck come from? From Slater to a Hispanic actor to Honsou?!?

I like Djimon Honsou. He's a good actor, worked with Michael Bay before. I'd have picked him for Gung-Ho but in my vision of the film Gung-Ho's too important to have that thick accent. Gung-Ho needs to be understood completely. Shipwreck is just going to be there for a few scenes anyway.

Brad N.
12-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I like Djimon Honsou. He's a good actor, worked with Michael Bay before. I'd have picked him for Gung-Ho but in my vision of the film Gung-Ho's too important to have that thick accent. Gung-Ho needs to be understood completely. Shipwreck is just going to be there for a few scenes anyway.

gotchya.