PDA

View Full Version : Your guesses about the new Harry Potter Book (SPOILERS)

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 07:19 AM
So according to Rowlings, two characters will die in the new HP book.

Who do YOU think is going to that big ol' Quidditch court in the sky?

Ray G.
12-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Snape and Ginny.

Snape is ripe for a redemption death. I'm 99% positive on this one.

As for Ginny, Harry is the lone warrior. He doesn't get to walk off into the sunset with his girl.

CraigM
12-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Harry and Voldemort

Craig

RegularJoe
12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
snape - he'll die in a final act of unquesionsable redemption

and then ron - stepping out from harry's shadow, he'll make the ultimate sacrifice.

i'm assuming voldemort isn't included in her 'two'. 'cause he's going down too.

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
I was guessing Voldemort WAS included in the two. Because Rowlings is a tricky bitch!

Gregory
12-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Neville, Voldemort, and a returning Sirius.

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 07:26 AM
a returning Sirius.

Bring him back just to kill him again? Is Chris Claremont ghost writing?

Jonny Z
12-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Gary Potter, Harry's long lost twin from America.

http://www.satan.org.uk/irc/haqa.jpg

Matt Jay
12-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Ron and Hermione....and Voldemort.

CraigM
12-21-2006, 07:30 AM
I was guessing Voldemort WAS included in the two. Because Rowlings is a tricky bitch!
Well, apparently it's at least more than one person will die. I really think several will die in this book. Upwards of 10.

Craig

Philip J Eaves
12-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Snape will not die, because it will turn out that Dumbledore and Snape were in cahoots to trick Voldemort.

I think Harry and Voldemort will die.

Gregory
12-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Bring him back just to kill him again? Is Chris Claremont ghost writing?

He's got to come back (his 'death' was lame), but Harry is getting near the age where he doesn't need a father figure anymore. He's got to escape the expectations of older male figures.

artimoff
12-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Voldemort & Draco

Thudpucker
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Snape and Ginny.

Snape is ripe for a redemption death. I'm 99% positive on this one.

As for Ginny, Harry is the lone warrior. He doesn't get to walk off into the sunset with his girl.

That is the best choice, and the one most people are expecting. That's why I think she might change it up.

I think Snape will still die but the other death will be Haggrid or Ron. That would be a suprise and effective for the story.

Lyfeforce
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
If i had to choose, it'd be neville & snape. but I also say J.R.K. is pulling our leg.

Thudpucker
12-21-2006, 07:41 AM

I don't think you can kill Voldemort. No matter what they try I think Rowling will always leave an out for Voldemort to return.

McAfee
12-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Voldemort & Draco

Killing the characters that nobody likes would give the series too much of a feel good ending.

I think Voldemort is going to figure out that Snape is a double-agent and kill him. And if Voldemort isn't the other death in the count (because he will die), I think it'll be Harry since he's hosting the other horcrux...or whatever they're called.

c. page
12-21-2006, 09:01 AM
she's said two will die, but that doesn't necessarily mean that others won't die. myself, i see harry, snape and voldemort dying. possibly ron or ginny.

MabusRex
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Harry: He's a horcrux, I tells ya!
Snape: This he's still working for Dumbledor, so a good sacrificial death should work out right.

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm really hoping she can see her way clear to ending these books with a bare minimum of depressing, pointless deaths.

Is a happy ending too much to fucking ask?

CraigM
12-21-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm really hoping she can see her way clear to ending these books with a bare minimum of depressing, pointless deaths.

Is a happy ending too much to fucking ask?
It's a war. People have to die.

Craig

Josh!
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Hagrid and Snape. Those are my guesses.

adamgreenberger
12-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Are we talking besides Voldemort?

I say Snape and Ron

Ryan Elliott
12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Why's everyone saying Voldemort will die no matter what?

I haven't read any of the books since 4, so is there something I'm missing?

Ryudo
12-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Did anyone other than me read the last line of the last book that was put out, about how Harry and Hermione walked off into the sunset together or whatever?

That having been said, I think it'll be Ron and Snape.

McAfee
12-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Why's everyone saying Voldemort will die no matter what?

I haven't read any of the books since 4, so is there something I'm missing?

Besides roughly 1300 pages of story? Yeah, there's a little bit in there.

MIKE D
12-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Did anyone other than me read the last line of the last book that was put out, about how Harry and Hermione walked off into the sunset together or whatever?

Link?

Ryudo
12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Link?

Uno minuto...

MIKE D
12-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Uno minuto...

Thanks. I'm honestly suprised that this board hasn't disected that final line ad nauseum by now.

Gregory
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM

I recall it as Harry walking off alone, passively breaking up with Ginny, crying under a tree, and accepting death and destiny.

Personally, I'd prefer the last book begin ten years later, when Harry's older.

Ryudo
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
So did anyone else see the announcement of the title?

Right there on http://www.mugglenet.com/

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

*resumes looking for quote*

McAfee
12-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I recall it as Harry walking off alone, passively breaking up with Ginny, crying under a tree, and accepting death and destiny.

Personally, I'd prefer the last book begin ten years later, when Harry's older.

That's book 8: Harry Potter and the Metrosexual Muggles

Ryan Elliott
12-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Besides roughly 1300 pages of story? Yeah, there's a little bit in there.

Shouldn't you be protecting my computer from Spyware or something?! :-x

McAfee
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Shouldn't you be protecting my computer from Spyware or something?! :-x

Only if you pay me, bitch! :x

*Only $19.99/month. I accept Paypal or Money Orders only.

Ryudo
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok, sorry, no link to that last line yet.

I emailed my friend who told me about it, but she could be full of shit, so I will keep you guys updated.

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
It's a war. People have to die.

Craig

It's a fucking children's book. No they don't.

Steve Marshall
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Snape & Voldemort.

McAfee
12-21-2006, 11:17 AM

But children strap bombs to themselves all the time! Children love death and war!!!

Bearpod91
12-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Isn't Harry's scar the same thing as the objects from the other books that had a piece of Voldy and when that object is broken a part of Voldy dies? Well if they're searching for all the objects and then the last one is Harry himself...Well I think it's obvious but I'll say it anyway.

Harry sacrifices himself to kill Voldy for good.

Mister Mets
12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
At this point, I'm really hoping Snape lives, just because everyone expects him to die.

CraigM
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
So, what about Dumbledore and Sirius being murdered?

Craig

CraigM
12-21-2006, 11:27 AM

That having been said, I think it'll be Ron and Snape.
The last line was Harry knowing that he had to face Voldemort and at least there would be on day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.

Craig

TheTravis!
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
So, what about Dumbledore and Sirius being murdered?

Craig

I'm just saying - "Someone HAS to die" is the mark of a shitty writer.

McAfee
12-21-2006, 11:46 AM
The last line was Harry knowing that he had to face Voldemort and at least there would be on day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.

Craig

He's talking about a leaked line to Book 7, I think.

Ryudo
12-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Yes, I was.

Still waiting on a reply.

CraigM
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh, in that case I would think the line is bullshit.

Craig

CraigM
12-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Because wizards are killing other wizards. Wouldn't you think it bizzare if other wizards died that we knew nothing about but our main cast didn't have a single death?

Craig

Ray G.
12-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Agreed. It's that kind of thinking that has turned me off to a lot of books in the last year.

But I don't think the series is really a Children's book. It's young adult action horror, and so I expect a few deaths coming. Again, though, I think killing any of the big three(except maybe Harry, if she does it really well) would end the book on just way too much of a downer.

Master Jack Rabbitt
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Harry's a goner.

Snape will get his redemption death.

And likely Voldemort's dying, too.

CraigM
12-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Agreed. It's that kind of thinking that has turned me off to a lot of books in the last year.

But I don't think the series is really a Children's book. It's young adult action horror, and so I expect a few deaths coming. Again, though, I think killing any of the big three(except maybe Harry, if she does it really well) would end the book on just way too much of a downer.
I think we will see Ron and Hermione live on, get married and everything. Those are supposed to be our bright stars when we look at the book, with the darkness that Harry brings along with him because of his history. If Harry dies, I think it's expected. Ron and Hermione will go on though.

Craig

Generic Poster
12-21-2006, 01:19 PM
I predict:

Dumbledore will be resurrected, then killed again. Then resurrected, and killed yet again!

Donal DeLay
12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Spoiler tag for the whiners: It's the last book in the series. Supposedly the last word on the last page is "scar"

I'm pretty much thinking that Harry and Vauldy both die in a wicked fight and the last sentence will be something along the lines of "and his forehead no longer had the scar"
Only ... you know, written better.

Gregory
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Spoiler tag for the whiners: It's the last book in the series. Supposedly the last word on the last page is "scar"

I'm pretty much thinking that Harry and Vauldy both die in a wicked fight and the last sentence will be something along the lines of "and his forehead no longer had the scar"
Only ... you know, written better.

Or it refers to someone else bearing a similar Voldey-tinged scar after the big throwdown. Luna, maybe.

Rick America
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I still think it is Neville that all the predictions and prophecies are about. I like the idea of Harry's scar being the last piece of Voldemont's soul.

That said: my prediction...Neville and Draco

Gregory
12-21-2006, 02:21 PM
I wonder what the likelihood is of Harry losing the scar and his magic powers to live happily ever after.