PDA

View Full Version : I Haven't Been This Angry In a Long Time

Taxman
12-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I was in the car with my wife and kids and mother-in-law. The mother-in-law was going on about these doctors in New Orleans who may be prosecuted for euthanisizing some patients in the Katrina aftermath. She said they shouldn't be prosecuted because one of the patients was 90 years old, and one was a double amputee. So I said what does it matter that someone was a double amputee. She said that no one wants to live like that or, something. I really don't know because this kind of thing takes me pretty fast. She knows that my mother was a double amputee and lived that way for almost 40 years.

I have never been able to get along well with this woman, but this truly felt like the most hateful thing I had ever had said to me. Then she started ripping into me about how rude I was to her, and told me to shut up. I had to just get out of the car and walk away.

Brewtown Andy
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh, it's on like neckbone.

Ray G.
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
What a horrid cunt.

Ryan Elliott
12-09-2006, 07:32 PM
That's when you tie her to the top of the car, Griswold style.

changingshades
12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
shit, I hope you have an oppurtunity to euthanize the bitch

PeterSparker
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, sounds like someone leaving you no doubt she just wanted to be cruel, nothing else. That's harsh.

Jamie Howdeshell
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
why doesn't your wife shut her down?

in-laws have to be controlled.

SAVETHEB
12-09-2006, 07:41 PM
it sounds like all this could be solved with one well placed taint-punch.....

right in the taint!!!!

Ray G.
12-09-2006, 07:46 PM
it sounds like all this could be solved with one well placed taint-punch.....

right in the taint!!!!

This man is a visionary before his time.

Andrew j
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM
why doesn't your wife shut her down?

in-laws have to be controlled.

thank you. What did your wife have to say about this?

WinstonWolf
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. She probably didn't say it to upset you, she might just really feel that people who are amputees might not want to live, or live like that.

Ryan Elliott
12-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. She probably didn't say it to upset you, she might just really feel that people who are amputees might not want to live, or live like that.

Ummm, I'm willing to bet that the bitch KNEW his mother and just said that becuase the bitch doesn't like him.

c. page
12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I was in the car with my wife and kids and mother-in-law. The mother-in-law was going on about these doctors in New Orleans who may be prosecuted for euthanisizing some patients in the Katrina aftermath. She said they shouldn't be prosecuted because one of the patients was 90 years old, and one was a double amputee. So I said what does it matter that someone was a double amputee. She said that no one wants to live like that or, something. I really don't know because this kind of thing takes me pretty fast. She knows that my mother was a double amputee and lived that way for almost 40 years.

I have never been able to get along well with this woman, but this truly felt like the most hateful thing I had ever had said to me. Then she started ripping into me about how rude I was to her, and told me to shut up. I had to just get out of the car and walk away.

says right there that she knew his mother was a double amputee. pretty damn good odds that she said it to piss him off, especially if he's never been able to get along with her.

fuck her, man. that's some messed up shit.

amy
12-09-2006, 08:13 PM
you're a better person than I am, Taxy. I had a bitch for a mother-in-law once and we went toe to toe a lot.

How much longer is she in town? Can you send her to a cheap motel?

innocentboy
12-09-2006, 08:17 PM
xxx123

WinstonWolf
12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I know that she knows about his poor mother, but maybe she just said it without thinking. Or maybe she really does feel that way. A lot of people would think that amputees or physically disabled, elderly, mentally ill, crippled, etc people are unhappy, or want to die. I'm just saying that it's POSSIBLE that she was stating her true feelings, not trying to insult him or come off as cold. If she was laughing, that would be a totally different story.

amy
12-09-2006, 08:23 PM
why's it always the mother in law?
in TV, in movies, in internet story time ... always the mother in law.
never the niece, never the father in law, always the mother in law.

why is that?
can you married people explain that?

There are other relatives that are impossible to be around.

My theory is that mothers are generally the supreme ruler in a family and once their kids are grown and have their own family some of mothers(in law) don't know how to let go and not try to run everything like they once did.

A power struggle if you will.

amy
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I know that she knows about his poor mother, but maybe she just said it without thinking. Or maybe she really does feel that way. A lot of people would think that amputees or physically disabled, elderly, mentally ill, crippled, etc people are unhappy, or want to die. I'm just saying that it's POSSIBLE that she was stating her true feelings, not trying to insult him or come off as cold. If she was laughing, that would be a totally different story.

Regardless if she meant it to be insulting or not, it was quite rude of her.

WinstonWolf
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Regardless if she meant it to be insulting or not, it was quite rude of her.

Well, I agree that it was a very cold thing to say knowing about his mother, and she certainly should apologize or feel bad. But I'm just saying that maybe she wasn't saying it to be cruel, or that she might have spoke without thinking (which most of us do at one time or another.).

batmanbooyah
12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
sorry to hear that Gary, did you remind her about your mother?

I AM GROOT!
12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, hopefully she didn't mean it as a slight to your mother (or to anyone else), but if so, that's just downright rude.

Caley Tibbittz
12-09-2006, 08:48 PM
shit, I hope you have an oppurtunity to euthanize the bitch

Winner.

And she has no right to be that rude to you, Taxman. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'd avoid her as much as possible from her on out.

hellblazer72
12-09-2006, 09:02 PM
i hope you stopped the car before you walked away...

PeterSparker
12-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Also this reminds me of that old animated cartoon featuring things from the "future", and the car of the future had that little isolated bubble attached on the rear for mother-in-laws. :) They can't build that thing fast enough appearantly.

Your Pal, Carl
12-09-2006, 09:23 PM
i hope you stopped the car before you walked away...
I'm sure he remembered to "tuck and roll".

Beep Beep!
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
It's a sad situation. She is 71 and having memory loss, and claims she never knew Taxman's mom was a double amputee. :frustrat:

She's at the point where she can't be taken seriously about anything, because she doesn't remember stuff.

It's sad and scary because I don't want to see my mom grow old like this. I want the people I love to get along, and with her like this, it's not possible because she will infuriate everyone she comes into contact with, because she doesn't remember stuff. :frustrat:

amy
12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm sure he remembered to "tuck and roll".

:lol:

Beep Beep!
12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
i hope you stopped the car before you walked away...We were stopped at this house that had just incredible holiday decorations. No jumping involved.

Your Pal, Carl
12-09-2006, 09:33 PM
It's a sad situation. She is 71 and having memory loss, and claims she never knew Taxman's mom was a double amputee. :frustrat:

She's at the point where she can't be taken seriously about anything, because she doesn't remember stuff.

It's sad and scary because I don't want to see my mom grow old like this. I want the people I love to get along, and with her like this, it's not possible because she will infuriate everyone she comes into contact with, because she doesn't remember stuff. :frustrat:

Sounds a lot like my dad's mom. She was never diagnosed, but it was pretty clear to anyone who spent any time with her that she had some form of dementia and possibly Alzhiemers. Not fun at all.

Foolish Mortal
12-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Just pull into the nearest McDonalds, and when you're in the drive-thru, turn to her and ask..
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5967/bigcupofshutupyf6.jpg

innocentboy
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
xxx123

Beep Beep!
12-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, I agree that it was a very cold thing to say knowing about his mother, and she certainly should apologize or feel bad. But I'm just saying that maybe she wasn't saying it to be cruel, or that she might have spoke without thinking (which most of us do at one time or another.).She did apoligize, and she does feel bad.

batmanbooyah
12-09-2006, 10:32 PM
that sucks that she's forgetting stuff. gary shouldn't feel bad then, especially since his wife reads his posts hahahah

Thudpucker
12-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Gary, hope you get it all worked out.

DrMachine
12-10-2006, 10:36 AM
ouch, sorry to hear that

Pigpen
12-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Reason #12 on the Here's Why I'm Glad I'm Not Married List.

kari
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM

I was just about to ask the mental condition of your mom. I'm really sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than watching someone you love mental condition decline.
My grandmother is 78, and she is having memory troubles and is not getting around like she used to. She gets angry pretty easily now a' days and will rip you a new one out of the blue.

She tells me she's just frustrated because she isn't as strong and mobile as she used to be and I feel bad for her....but sometimes she crosses the line and I have to be the one that puts it to a stop. Thats hard for me because I have a ton of respect for her.

Icaruss
12-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Toasty.

Threaten to hit your wife.

Mister Mets
12-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but your mother-in-law is a bitch, and you did the right thing.

Keith P.
12-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Old people are...well, you really have to take anything they say with a grain of salt. Especially if she is having mental/memory issues.

And the fact that your wife reads your posts....oh I know someone who is not getting any nookie for awhile. :)

Ben
12-10-2006, 01:06 PM
What about triple amputees?

Ben
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I recommend interacting with her as little as possible.

RickLM
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Time to play the "three-year-snub" card. For your own sanity.

Taxman
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
What about triple amputees?If it makes you feel better, my mother lost her legs in an auto accident. In that accident, she also sustained a head injury that rendered her left arm useless.