PDA

View Full Version : Queens Of The Stone Age

who cares?
12-02-2006, 06:20 AM
what the hell took me so long to start listening to these guys?

songs for the deaf kicks ass and i'm liking lullabies to paralyze so far as well

:rock:

TheFalcon
12-02-2006, 06:25 AM
I've listened a bit to Songs For the Deaf too, but haven't gotten around to any of the other albums. I love Go With The Flow and No One Knows.

Boris the Blade
12-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Songs fo rthe Deaf is really good, Lullabies is okay, but Rated R is the money CD.

artimoff
12-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Rated R is great as well. Their my favorite "rock" band right now.

modungo
12-02-2006, 06:53 AM
I actually like "Lullabies" the best. At first I was against it becase Josh Homme had ran everyone else off but of all their records I think it flows the best. But really all their (his?) records rule.

Dennis K
12-02-2006, 07:03 AM
I actually like "Lullabies" the best. At first I was against it becase Josh Homme had ran everyone else off but of all their records I think it flows the best. But really all their (his?) records rule.

Axl Rose should take notes; if you're going to be a total cunt and run everybody else out of the band, at least release an album.

WillieLee
12-02-2006, 09:38 AM

Heh? Only Oliveri was gone.

modungo
12-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Heh? Only Oliveri was gone.

Mark Lanegan was an official member. He quit before "Lullabies". Of course he also sang lead on more tracks on "Lullabies" than any other Queens album so the parting must have been amicable.

modungo
12-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Axl Rose should take notes; if you're going to be a total cunt and run everybody else out of the band, at least release an album.

Also fans are more apt to put up with your rampant dickery if you still rock. How Axl isn't touring the state fair circuit is beyond me.

WillieLee
12-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Mark Lanegan was an official member. He quit before "Lullabies". Of course he also sang lead on more tracks on "Lullabies" than any other Queens album so the parting must have been amicable.

He didn't quit. He went to do his own things for a while and he's still with the band. Whenever he feels like showing up he does.

WillieLee
12-02-2006, 11:29 AM
The only shitty thing Josh Homme has done that matters is changing the recording date of the new album. He bumped it up and Jesse Keeler from DFA 1979, who was supposed to play bass on the album, had to cancel.

cmoney
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Songs fo rthe Deaf is really good, Lullabies is okay, but Rated R is the money CD.

True story, though I'm fond of the self-titled one as well.

modungo
12-02-2006, 12:17 PM
He didn't quit. He went to do his own things for a while and he's still with the band. Whenever he feels like showing up he does.

I don't know if that's true... 'course I also don't know that it's not true. So since you seem to feel pretty strong about it, I'll go with what you say. I just wonder which is worse for his health and sobriety, QOTSA or the Twilight Singers. If he's in both of those bands, well, thats alot of drug.

The Human Target
12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
There are the best current rock group.

Period.

Magnum V.I.
12-02-2006, 02:38 PM
The fact that Dave Grohl plays drums for them on occasion also turns up the awesome factor.

FedEx Fanboy
12-02-2006, 03:14 PM
QOTSA fucking rule...

Glad you finally recognized this who cares?

Special Agent Bachman
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Everybody Knows That You're Insane is just a totally awesome song. I could listen to it forever.

The Human Target
12-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Rated R is my favorite album by the way, but I love em all.

Walking on the Sidewalks is my theme song.

Oh, and WC? you gotta check out the Eagles of Death Metal if you haven't.

who cares?
12-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, and WC? you gotta check out the Eagles of Death Metal if you haven't.

i havent yet

there's a connection between the 2 bands, isnt there?

The Human Target
12-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, Josh Homme plays and sings with em.

artimoff
12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
There are the best current rock group.

Period.

yep.