PDA

View Full Version : Just went apeshit on Amazon.com

Run-BMC
12-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Went on Amazon.com to buy christmas presents for the missus, and promptly went crazy on DVD boxed sets. Spent $120 on her, $350 on me.

That's love for you.

The Sopranos: The Complete First Season
Scrubs - The Complete First Season
Gilmore Girls - The Complete First Season
Deadwood - The Complete First Season
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete First Three Seasons
Entourage - The Complete Second Season
Rome - The Complete First Season

Buying Gilmore Girls completely blind based on rave reviews on the board.
Are those HBO series preview DVDs still available for $1 at Best Buy? I totally recommend them to anyone who's interested in checking out their fine programming.

ClintP
12-02-2006, 04:39 AM
How much were those man? they are ALWAYS on sale at target for like $16 every other week.

Run-BMC
12-02-2006, 04:43 AM
I did my Target research first. I ain't no amateur, son.

However, movie boxed sets are going crazy cheap at Target right now.

JABSEN
12-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Rome & Deadwood are awesome.

ClintP
12-02-2006, 04:47 AM
I did my Target research first. I ain't no amateur, son.

However, movie boxed sets are going crazy cheap at Target right now.

Ah. Just checking sir. :)

bloody amateur......:no:

Olivier E.
12-02-2006, 04:54 AM
fresh prince of Bel-Air :rock:

good choices except for Scrubs.

Run-BMC
12-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Scrubs was also picked based entirely on being recommended by the board.

JABSEN
12-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Scrubs was also picked based entirely on being recommended by the board.I enjoyed the first few seasons. So you're still gold.

Course everybody here seems to still love it.

ClintP
12-02-2006, 05:03 AM
If you want a great boxed set of tv, go with Dead Like Me. We watched that on SciFi and both my wife and I were truely sad when there where no more episodes. The only tv box sets I have are: X-Files 1-7, Sex and the City, Firefly, Chappelle, and the DCU ones. But I could go for Dead Like Me and Arrested Development. I think I could watch those again.

Run-BMC
12-02-2006, 05:08 AM
If you want a great boxed set of tv, go with Dead Like Me. We watched that on SciFi and both my wife and I were truely sad when there where no more episodes..

Oh crap! I totally had those in my shopping cart after watching a single episode on the SciFi channel. Then they raised the price $15 each yesterday.

Sy-Klone
12-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Scrubs and Gilmore Girls are both great, especially the early seasons.

Deadwood is my favorite of those HBO series you bought.

And I have to recommend the new Battlestar Galactica in all threads like this one. It's the best show on television at the moment (for my money, at least) and deserves a look. :)

ClintP
12-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Scrubs and Gilmore Girls are both great, especially the early seasons.

Deadwood is my favorite of those HBO series you bought.

And I have to recommend the new Battlestar Galactica in all threads like this one. It's the best show on television at the moment (for my money, at least) and deserves a look. :)

I am curious about this one now. You gave me AD, so I know you are good for your word on TV now!:)