PDA

View Full Version : What if you got TWINNED?

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Here's the concept borrowed from Farscape. John Crichton got split into two hims. Not a clone. Not a duplicate. Both equal and original. Each John had equal rights to the name, life, memories, etc. One staid on Moya and the other went off to Talyn oh I won't go further as to spoil. Both Johns argued. I'm the real one. I have more rights. Yada yada.

What if this happened to you? You realized the whole each version has every right to the name and life. What do you do? Does one stay and the go off to forge his/her own identity ala Ben Reilly?

Or do you both stay? Go public with it? Or keep it a secret?

I might try the latter. Both of us stay. Yes, I know! The Horror of two Zevads! SCARRRRY. But think about it. We come to an agreement. One of us keeps the job I have now and the other gets another. More funds. More things you can do. Someone who can really relate to you! This way you get to help yourself litteraly! Point each other's flaws out. But damn I would keep it secret. And there's always the fear of being exposed. How will the government, friends, family etc react to there being two of you! Be pretty darn interesting eh?

DISCUSS.

LordKinbote
11-24-2006, 07:32 PM
What do you mean, more funds? There are two of you. Does the other person not need a place to live or food to eat?

Selfish bastard.

JoeE
11-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I might try the latter. Both of us stay. Yes, I know! The Horror of two Zevads! SCARRRRY. But think about it. We come to an agreement. One of keeps the job I have now and the other gets another. More funds.

Not really, actually. You're supporting two people now with presumbably the same needs, so it would basically be a wash.

jason hissong
11-24-2006, 07:33 PM
what if you shut the fuck up?

LenNWallace
11-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Hmmm...

I think we'd double dong my girlfriend...

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:37 PM
What do you mean, more funds? There are two of you. Does the other person not need a place to live or food to eat?

Selfish bastard.

Not really, actually. You're supporting two people now with presumbably the same needs, so it would basically be a wash.

Well we would figure out something. Get a bigger place. Of course we'd watch each other's backs. We have the same though processes and make sure we got all the basic necessities met. And it's not lie one version would be a prisoner. We'd alternate on visiting friends and family. But eventually things would allow both of us to have quite a bit of fun. But work with it. What would you do?

John Drake
11-24-2006, 07:38 PM

You read my mind.

Wait, did you?

/(. . )/
11-24-2006, 07:38 PM

wow.

i don't like how people are getting nasty on this board just because it seems okay to pick on someone.

you don't have to participate in a thread.

monkeyboy
11-24-2006, 07:39 PM
i'd have to kill myself. because the universe does NOT need to of me.

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Hmmm...

I think we'd double dong my girlfriend...

Well there you go. And it's not cheating. But man what if she liked the other you better. Hmmm. Well at least you're losing her to yourself right? Oy. What a headache.

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM

Hey you have every right to say that. And I will fight for your right man to do so. But if you don't like what I'm posting. Why are you reading it? :confused:

LenNWallace
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Well there you go. And it's not cheating. But man what if she liked the other you better. Hmmm. Well at least you're losing her to yourself right? Oy. What a headache.

Eh... We'd both have the same strokes.

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Eh... We'd both have the same strokes.

True. But work with it. Would you want him to stay. Or go off ala Ben Reilly. Make it public? Or keep it secret and share your life? And of course after all the settling down and getting used to the situation is set there's got to be a way to exploit it (Beside the gang banging of your girlfriend :lol: )

LordKinbote
11-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Well we would figure out something. Get a bigger place. Of course we'd watch each other's backs. We have the same though processes and make sure we got all the basic necessities met. And it's not lie one version would be a prisoner. We'd alternate on visiting friends and family. But eventually things would allow both of us to have quite a bit of fun. But work with it. What would you do?

One of you would be a prisoner as long as you both chose to keep your duality a secret. You would *not* have any more fun, since most of your energy would be spent protecting your secret.

Eventually, you would come to resent the fact that you have to share your loved ones with another person, and since he is your double, he would feel the same. You would both begin murdering the other in your dreams every night until finally, you wake up with your double's hands around your neck. As your vision starts to fade, you wonder whether he has just committed murder or suicide.

jason hissong
Zevad-

I apologies for my previous comment.

LenNWallace
No, I'd have him go do work and earn money in my place, while I stayed home and played Wii.

monkeyboy
11-24-2006, 07:47 PM
No, I'd have him go do work and earn money in my place, while I stayed home and played Wii.

Now that is what a CLONE is for, not a TWIN. But it's still a good idea.

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Zevad-

I apologies for my previous comment.

Dude it's cool. I know I can be an ass. I deserved that on some level. Jeez if a nice guy like Pat put me on his ignore list I got to reevaluate ya know? But I'm cool. Bygones be bygones and all that.

jason hissong
11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Dude it's cool. I know I can be an ass. I deserved that on some level. Jeez if a nice guy like Pat put me on his ignore list I got to reevaluate ya know? But I'm cool. Bygones be bygones and all that.

:thumb:

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 07:53 PM
One of you would be a prisoner as long as you both chose to keep your duality a secret. You would *not* have any more fun, since most of your energy would be spent protecting your secret.

Eventually, you would come to resent the fact that you have to share your loved ones with another person, and since he is your double, he would feel the same. You would both begin murdering the other in your dreams every night until finally, you wake up with your double's hands around your neck. As your vision starts to fade, you wonder whether he has just committed murder or suicide.

Holy shit. Wow. I salute you for your deep evalutation of that. I never thought about that. But I know I couldn't live with myself. Even if I killed myself. Wow. That hurts my head. But seriously I wouldn't mind sharing my family and friends. But eventually yeah I think one of us if not both of us would want to go public at some point. Damn. And the hastle of paperwork and the goverment and shit like that. Fun would be killed yeah. But what if the duality was revealed to the closest friends and family? Would that help deter the murder/suicide? Hmmmm...

/(. . )/
11-24-2006, 08:02 PM

Hey David.

You should take some hints from this week.

It appears to be that some people are annoyed with you. Why?

People don't like an attention whore. You've claimed to be one, posting 3 threads of photos of you. This annoys people. They want to discuss pop culture here, not you.

You ask for help an advice and don't seem to be taking it.

Okay, so you did some damage, how can you fix it?

I would recommend doing what I did and quietly change your name and not post about yourself for a while.

If you really want to be Zevad, just stop posting about you. Just take some time off and when you come back, just make some normalish posts in normalish threads. If you need a hint, start reading what other people post.

And don't announce everything that goes on in your sex life. It's great if you get a date or whatever. No need to tell 700 strangers.

Also, I googled Zevad and there was a pic of you. It lead to myspace, a site of your friend's. Bendis Board shoes up on google. If they google your name, they'll find the archives of all your posts and read what you've been writing.

The only way to change the archive is to change your screen name.

Bart A Thompson
11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
I've been thinking about this concept (wishing for this concept) for years. Living together wouldn't be a problem because your "roommate" has the exact same habits as you do. We'd alternate between the day job and the career work along with family and friend time. Extra food could be a problem and another car would be needed.

Wow... I never saw downsides to this idea before, but now I'm seeing tons.

Oh, in my version we merge back into one for 8 hours every week or so... that way separate experiences can be combined.

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 08:12 PM

:shock: HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY NAME!!!!!!

monkeyboy
11-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I've been thinking about this concept (wishing for this concept) for years. Living together wouldn't be a problem because your "roommate" has the exact same habits as you do. We'd alternate between the day job and the career work along with family and friend time. Extra food could be a problem and another car would be needed.

Oh, in my version we merge back into one for 8 hours every week or so... that way separate experiences can be combined.

and who can afford to drink twice as much as they usually do?

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 08:33 PM

That's why one of you has got to get another job. So yeah switching off on the same job would be great but you need more cash so the other self can be taken care of. Two vehicles would be necessary unless the other one gets a job withing in bus range. Lots to think about yeah. I like the whole recombine idea. Great tangent of Multiple Man's power. But man think about it. If two of you is a bitch to support imagine the multitude of Jamie's dupes? But he can reabsorb them and recreate them at his leisure.

Mr. E!
11-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey David.

You should take some hints from this week.

It appears to be that some people are annoyed with you. Why?

People don't like an attention whore. You've claimed to be one, posting 3 threads of photos of you. This annoys people. They want to discuss pop culture here, not you.

You ask for help an advice and don't seem to be taking it.

Okay, so you did some damage, how can you fix it?

I would recommend doing what I did and quietly change your name and not post about yourself for a while.

If you really want to be Zevad, just stop posting about you. Just take some time off and when you come back, just make some normalish posts in normalish threads. If you need a hint, start reading what other people post.

And don't announce everything that goes on in your sex life. It's great if you get a date or whatever. No need to tell 700 strangers.

Also, I googled Zevad and there was a pic of you. It lead to myspace, a site of your friend's. Bendis Board shoes up on google. If they google your name, they'll find the archives of all your posts and read what you've been writing.

P-guy,

This is all dead-on advice. But you are wasting your time. This is Zev's shtick, and he gets off on it. Were you not here for his 40 days of not touching myself threads 1 & 2?

The Zevad
11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
P-guy,

This is all dead-on advice. But you are wasting your time. This is Zev's shtick, and he gets off on it. Were you not here for his 40 days of not touching myself threads 1 & 2?

Next Friday marks 40. And actually he didn't waste his time. I'm taking his advice. So what would you do if there two Rob Ellis'???

Later Cat.

Vroom_Socko
11-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't know just how I'd handle it, but I can tell you one thing: The first thing I'd do is put together one hell of a magic act. Vegas, here I come!

stevapalooza
11-25-2006, 02:19 AM
I'd be too distracted thinking stuff like "holy crap do I really look like that?" and "oh god I have the worst ass ever!" I'd just have to kill my twin for my own sanity.

bairdduvessa
11-25-2006, 02:23 AM
i'd feel bad for the other me, i'm a pretty boring guy

bairdduvessa
11-25-2006, 02:25 AM
:shock: HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY NAME!!!!!!
ask the mods to change it

Damian696
11-25-2006, 02:30 AM
It's threads like this that make me understand why Pat put you on his ignore list. :D

HoneyDippinDan
11-25-2006, 02:37 AM
I'd give myself the stranger, without needing to take the time to sit on my hand until my hand fell asleep first. Hey, it's not gay if it's me touching me, right?

Mr. E!
11-25-2006, 04:26 AM
Next Friday marks 40. And actually he didn't waste his time. I'm taking his advice. So what would you do if there two Rob Ellis'???

Later Cat.

I'd be my own best friend.