PDA

View Full Version : Here's an odd question for the regulars

Brad N.
11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Ever have any posters here die that we know of? I was just at another forum I occasionally go to and they paid tribute to one of their regular posters who died last week. In the year I've been here I've often wondered where some posters go when they're not banned...then billthomason came back ;)

It may sound grim I guess, but just curious given the sheer number of members here you would think at least a few would have died in all this time.

Billie
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I've always pondered this too.Unless people on the board actually talk outside of the board,there really is no way of knowing if someone has tragically passed away.

Then again,I know that alot of people on here are good friends outside the board.

Brad N.
11-18-2006, 08:32 PM
I've always pondered this too.Unless people on the board actually talk outside of the board,there really is no way of knowing if someone has tragically passed away.

The thing I've seen on a few other boards is like if there is something on their MySpace or their wife or friend knew they hung out a lot at a certain site they pass along an email and basically let folks know.

Blandy vs Terrorism
11-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Hmmm, makes me think maybe I should give a couple numbers for Minnesota people to the parents, just in case.

I AM GROOT!
11-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I heard a rumor that the real Brian Vaughan was beaten to death by a hobo and that a squirrel is ghostwriting Y: The Last Man these days...

Foolish Mortal
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I heard a rumor that the real Brian Vaughan was beaten to death by a hobo and that a squirrel is ghostwriting Y: The Last Man these days...
Huh? I thought it was a Ferret?

WillieLee
11-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Hmmm, makes me think maybe I should give a couple numbers for Minnesota people to the parents, just in case.

You should do this very, very soon. :shifty:

Blandy vs Terrorism
11-18-2006, 08:57 PM
You should do this very, very soon. :shifty:

Heh. Before, Cathy could have let people know, but that isn't an option anymore.

Masculine Todd
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, I die a little inside everytime I post here.:D

Brad N.
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM

;-)

I'd give a mean fuckin eulogy for my drinkin buddy, man. My wife gives me tons of shit for hangin out here so much I know damn well she'd tell you all if I croaked. Hell, she'd probably say some of you did it to me!

Beep Beep!
11-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I post on a board called wdwinfo.com, sometimes called "The Dis"; it is a board of people who take Disney vacations.

They have a "In Memorial" category; it has posts that go back to 2001 that pay tribute to board members:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Once they made their boards "go black" for a moderator who died of breast cancer. It was sad.

Jerome Gibbons
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I was going to post something snarky here, but then I realized that I can't come up with anything that can't be spun back into something snarky against me.

Brad N.
11-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I post on a board called wdwinfo.com, sometimes called "The Dis"; it is a board of people who take Disney vacations.

They have a "In Memorial" category; it has posts that go back to 2001 that pay tribute to board members:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Once they made their boards "go black" for a moderator who died of breast cancer. It was sad.

That's one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

james michael
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
miken died, but he came back three days later...

Fourthman
11-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Huh? I thought it was a Ferret?

Ferret only does fill ins.

MattJohnson
11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I take comfort in knowing that none of you would have any idea if I died.

Fourthman
11-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I take comfort in knowing that none of you would have any idea if I died.

That assumes that you won't be killed by a board member.

MattJohnson
11-18-2006, 10:46 PM
That assumes that you won't be killed by a board member.

You've got me there

LordKinbote
11-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Posting on the Bendis Board grants each member eternal life.

Fourthman
11-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Posting on the Bendis Board grants each member eternal life.

Which is useless to those who don't, in fact, have a life in the first place.

I AM GROOT!
11-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Which is useless to those who don't, in fact, have a life in the first place.

:thumb:

Howlett
11-19-2006, 05:34 AM
A couple of months after I joined, when I became close to some people here and I'd gotten their phone numbers and emails, I gave them to my dad just in case anything ever happened to me, so people wouldn't wonder why I'd vanished.

Sounds pretty morbid, I know, but I'd rather be morbid and have a plan than to have people wonder and worry about what's happened to me.

kari
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
I worry about that also....I've contacted a couple of people that vanished just to make sure they were ok.

Erica J Heflin
11-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Well my roommate is a fellow boarder, so I presume he might notice my death after a few days... I hope. Maybe.

ClintP
11-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I thought about this the other day. I would like for someone to tell the folks here if I died. I would also like to know if someone here died as well, so I could send flowers to their family.

Amos Moses
11-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Heh. Before, Cathy could have let people know, but that isn't an option anymore.

What happened to Cathy?

Your Pal, Carl
11-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Well my roommate is a fellow boarder, so I presume he might notice my death after a few days... I hope. Maybe.

C'mon, this is Jon we're talking about. :D