PDA

View Full Version : why do cops like to waste your time?

james michael
11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
seriously...
i was on my way home from visiting my grandma, at 1:45 am, taking back roads that are both faster, and generally deserted...

i notice a car behind me, thinking nothing of it, as im actually going the speed limit, and have nothing on me...

i drive on for about three blocks, when lights light up behind me...
im being pulled over...
some chick cop asks for my dl and insurance, and i give her both... she asks where im coming from and going, and i tell her, im leaving my sick grandmothers house, since i visit her whenever i can... she says "awww, thats sweet", hands me back my insurance, and goes to run my license...

she brings it back, and tells me to have a nice night, when i asked her what she pulled me over for...
shes says that i failed to signal 100 feet ahead of my turn (:roll:) at a street intersection that was occupied by me, and her, while she was about a football field behind me, and that it looks like one of my plate lights could maybe go out...

now, i DID signal, just apparently, not 100 ft ahead...
i dont even know how to judge 10 ahead of me...

i think it was fairly obvious she was just trying to see if she could take me to jail for warrants, of which i have none...
she didnt give me a ticket, told me she hopes my grandma gets better, and was all around polite, which did shock the hell out of me, seeing that shes a hurst cop...

despite her being nice and everything, i still think its bullshit to use something so completely minor and in the end, inconsequential, just to see if she could take someone into jail on a slow night...

also, she wasnt even going to tell me why i was pulled over until i asked her as i was walking away...

this happen to anyone else?

c. page
11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
i've been pulled over and patted down a couple of times, despite doing the speed limit and having no major problems. cops took my license and insurance, and then asked me to step out of the car and place my hands on the hood.

never did get an explanation. also, one of the bastard cops stole my insurance. i was waiting to get pulled over a few blocks down and ticketed for not having it or something.

james michael
11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
i was waiting to get pulled over a few blocks down and ticketed for not having it or something.

ive had that happen to me TWICE, excpet i just didnt have my current insurance on me (ive always had insurance) and three blocks later, get pulled over, and STILL he gave me the same ticket the first cop did...

Jerome Gibbons
11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Was she hot?

The Roman Candle
11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
She wants you.

Amos Moses
11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Was she hot?

Jerome Gibbons
11-13-2006, 11:18 PM
She wants you.

Amos Moses
11-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Was she hot?

Ahaha!

SCOURGE
11-13-2006, 11:21 PM
They get bored...and pick on people for no reason...it has happened to me a few times over the years...

james michael
11-13-2006, 11:31 PM
yknow, she was kinda...

cute, but seemed like she was well on the way to lesbonia...
she was actually very sweet, the things she said about my grandma and stuff, so she must be really fresh, and not yet fully brainwashed...
i hope she stays the same...

King of Mars
11-13-2006, 11:33 PM
seriously...
i was on my way home from visiting my grandma, at 1:45 am, taking back roads that are both faster, and generally deserted...

i notice a car behind me, thinking nothing of it, as im actually going the speed limit, and have nothing on me...

im being pulled over...
some chick cop asks for my dl and insurance, and i give her both... she asks where im coming from and going, and i tell her, im leaving my sick grandmothers house, since i visit her whenever i can... she says "awww, thats sweet", hands me back my insurance, and goes to run my license...

she brings it back, and tells me to have a nice night, when i asked her what she pulled me over for...
shes says that i failed to signal 100 feet ahead of my turn (:roll:) at a street intersection that was occupied by me, and her, while she was about a football field behind me, and that it looks like one of my plate lights could maybe go out...

i think it was fairly obvious she was just trying to see if she could take me to jail for warrants, of which i have none...
she didnt give me a ticket, told me she hopes my grandma gets better, and was all around polite, which did shock the hell out of me, seeing that shes a hurst cop...

despite her being nice and everything, i still think its bullshit to use something so completely minor and in the end, inconsequential, just to see if she could take someone into jail on a slow night...

also, she wasnt even going to tell me why i was pulled over until i asked her as i was walking away...

this happen to anyone else?I think that, anytime they pull someone over late at night like that, they're checking to see if he/she is under the influence. Kind of a pain if ya haven't done anything but it probably helps to get some drunks off the road.

james michael
11-13-2006, 11:50 PM
I think that, anytime they pull someone over late at night like that, they're checking to see if he/she is under the influence. Kind of a pain if ya haven't done anything but it probably helps to get some drunks off the road.

yeah, i could understand that, but she said she pulled me over because i failed to signal 100 feet before the turn...
honestly, if she just said she wanted to see if i was sober, i wouldnt have minded one bit...

The Roman Candle
11-14-2006, 12:06 AM
yeah, i could understand that, but she said she pulled me over because i failed to signal 100 feet before the turn...
honestly, if she just said she wanted to see if i was sober, i wouldnt have minded one bit...

I've been pulled over late at night for making a lane change on an empty road without signalling. If you do any tiny thing out of the ordinary at night, they'll pull you over and check for sobrietry and, failing that, warrants.

Magnum V.I.
11-14-2006, 12:13 AM
I've been pulled over late at night for making a lane change on an empty road without signalling. If you do any tiny thing out of the ordinary at night, they'll pull you over and check for sobrietry and, failing that, warrants.

Ummm, they always check EVERYONE for warrants when they pull them over, they run the license and the tag for warrants and validity...

Standard procedure.

The Roman Candle
11-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Ummm, they always check EVERYONE for warrants when they pull them over, they run the license and the tag for warrants and validity...

Standard procedure.

How is that different from what I just said?

Magnum V.I.
11-14-2006, 12:20 AM
If you do any tiny thing out of the ordinary at night, they'll pull you over and check for sobrietry and, failing that, warrants.

I assumed you meant after the sobriety test they checked for Warrants, when in fact they check them as soon as they get your license and walk back to the patrol car.

Thomas Mauer
11-14-2006, 03:09 AM
In driving school, they told us to have the turn signal flash seven times before reaching the intersection. Dunno if that's the equivalent of 100 feet.

chrisfasowned
11-14-2006, 03:42 AM
I got stopped by a lady cop
In my automobile
She said get out and spead your legs
And then she tried to cop a feel
That cop she was all dressed in blue
Was she pretty? Boy I'm tellin' you
She stuck my butt with her big black stick
I said "what's up?" now suck my dick
Like a ram getting ready to jam the lamb
She whimpered just a little when she felt my hand
On her crotch so very warm
I could feel her getting wet through her uniform
Proppin' her up on the black and white
Unzipped and slipped "ooo that's tight"
I swatted her like no swat team can
Turned a cherry pie right into jam

Magnum V.I.
11-14-2006, 04:08 AM
I got stopped by a lady cop
In my automobile
She said get out and spead your legs
And then she tried to cop a feel
That cop she was all dressed in blue
Was she pretty? Boy I'm tellin' you
She stuck my butt with her big black stick
I said "what's up?" now suck my dick
Like a ram getting ready to jam the lamb
She whimpered just a little when she felt my hand
On her crotch so very warm
I could feel her getting wet through her uniform
Proppin' her up on the black and white
Unzipped and slipped "ooo that's tight"
I swatted her like no swat team can
Turned a cherry pie right into jam

I love Sir Psycho Sexy. One of my favorite Chili Pepper's Songs ever.

james michael
11-14-2006, 10:37 AM
In driving school, they told us to have the turn signal flash seven times before reaching the intersection. Dunno if that's the equivalent of 100 feet.

really?

some cars have very slow signals, and some have pretty fast ones, so i dont see how that can be useful :?

Thomas Mauer
11-14-2006, 10:46 AM
really?

some cars have very slow signals, and some have pretty fast ones, so i dont see how that can be useful :?

Beats me. I usually end up counting 9 flashes or something. This is just as impossible to judge as exact distances on a street inside city limits.

Generic Poster
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
This tale had the beginnings of an excellent Penthouse Forum letter, but quickly fizzled.

james michael
11-14-2006, 10:54 AM
This tale had the beginnings of an excellent Penthouse Forum letter, but quickly fizzled.

actually, that happened earlier last night...
:(

GelfXIII
11-14-2006, 11:07 AM
actually, that happened earlier last night...
:(

With grandma?????:scared:

james michael
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
With grandma?????:scared:

thats fucking gross...

Greenville 90210
11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I've gotten pulled over for being white in a black neighborhood.

"where are the drugs?!?!"

Fuckers.

Beta_Ray_Bryan
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Funny thing about this thread is I got pulled over just last night. I was going to my hockey game 5 minutes from my house and I "apparently" performed a rolling stop at the intersection of a side road (which I was on) and a larger road. The cop was behind an oncoming vehicle and rung me up.

I was actually hoping for a warning (I have a clean record) but instead this guy writes me a ticket! Unbelievable. On top of that, he takes over 15 minutes to write the ticket, thereby making me miss my game. So I just turn around and go home.

The Roman Candle
11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
I assumed you meant after the sobriety test they checked for Warrants, when in fact they check them as soon as they get your license and walk back to the patrol car.

Ah, I see. No, that's not what I meant, but I can see how it may have seemed that way.

I AM GROOT!
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
seriously...

im being pulled over...

this happen to anyone else?

I've never dealt with a Hurst cop, although years ago right after I started driving, I got pulled over by a Southlake cop. Now those guys can be dicks...

james michael
11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I've never dealt with a Hurst cop, although years ago right after I started driving, I got pulled over by a Southlake cop. Now those guys can be dicks...

southlake cops have never bothered me too much, i just think that if you dont look like you or your parents make more than $100k a year, they think you dont belong there and fuck with you...