PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights Picked Up For Full Season

CraigM
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
That's according to TVGuide's Michael Ausiello.

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700011883&tstart=0&mod=1163446731188

Craig

Natty P
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
cool

SteveZegers
11-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Is texas really like that? (Mainly the part with the whole town turning out for High School games and the players being interviewed on TV... all that stuff.)

The show is pretty good, but is it realistic at all?

CraigM
11-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Is texas really like that? (Mainly the part with the whole town turning out for High School games and the players being interviewed on TV... all that stuff.)

All I know is that football is huge in Texas, and from what I hear, it's actually like that for some towns.

Craig

Skatonic10
11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
AWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!! Nice

JoeE
11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
:rock:

Binx
11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes!

SteveZegers
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
All I know is that football is huge in Texas, and from what I hear, it's actually like that for some towns.

Craig

Interesting. I always watch it and wonder if it's supposed to be realistic. It's so completely foreign to me.

JoeE
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM

It's very true to life. My dad lived in Odessa, Texas briefly and he says that if anything it doesn't go far enough in capturing how hardcore people are about high school football in Texas.

Joe Henderson
11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Great news!

Patton
11-13-2006, 11:36 AM

Yeah the movie and show are based on a non fiction book.

CapnChaos
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I think FNL and Studio 60 are incredibly lucky to have debuted during NBC's lowest ratings period in many years or they'd have been gone already. Not saying it's good or bad. Just that it's pretty much true.

Hopefully this'll be able to capitalize on the chance.

Vonn Hennigar
11-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I love the show and heartily applaud this news but one things been bugging me.

Are the Panthers the only team in town? Is the town that small that they only have 1 High-School? If so no problemo i guess, all their opponents are true out of town teams which if fine and all but it' been something i've wondered.

Ray G.
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM

Are the Panthers the only team in town? Is the town that small that they only have 1 High-School? If so no problemo i guess, all their opponents are true out of town teams which if fine and all but it' been something i've wondered.

Yeah, most small towns only have a few hundred high-school students, so one high school would be enough. They're the only game in town.

And :boogie: at this news.

Jumbopimp
11-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Awesome news. This has become my favorite show this year and I can't wait to see what else develops.

On a side note Scott Porter and Adrianne Palicki were at Wizard World Texas and both of them are extremely cool, and geniunely nice so it's good to see good things happen to nice people.

Binx
11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, most small towns only have a few hundred high-school students, so one high school would be enough. They're the only game in town.

And :boogie: at this news.

Yep, the fact that they are the only game in town is why it is such a big deal.

I dated a girl from a small south Georgia town. One HS not just in the town but in the entire county. HS football was huge. That and cruising between the Hardees and the McDonalds.

Taki Soma
11-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Awesome news. This has become my favorite show this year and I can't wait to see what else develops.

On a side note Scott Porter and Adrianne Palicki were at Wizard World Texas and both of them are extremely cool, and geniunely nice so it's good to see good things happen to nice people.

ironically, Scott and I played foosball together against a couple of my friends and we lost EVERY SINGLE GAME :lol:

Jumbopimp
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
ironically, Scott and I played foosball together against a couple of my friends and we lost EVERY SINGLE GAME :lol:

That's so funny. I should've played foosball but never made it to that side of the room.

CraigM
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I think FNL and Studio 60 are incredibly lucky to have debuted during NBC's lowest ratings period in many years or they'd have been gone already. Not saying it's good or bad. Just that it's pretty much true.

Hopefully this'll be able to capitalize on the chance.
That's a two way street. If NBC had the high rated shows that they used to, then FNL and Studio 60 would've had shows that were well established to lead-in and out of FNL and Studio 60. Unfortunately, they don't so it was harder for those two shows.

Craig

Taki Soma
11-13-2006, 02:09 PM
That's so funny. I should've played foosball but never made it to that side of the room.

yeah... and Adrianne Palicki also bought my supergirl print. She is sooooo beautiful and a great gal! I told her to email me her fave photo of herself as supergirl and I'll happily draw it... she seemed genuinely excited about the idea so let's hope that happens.

WillieLee
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
That's a two way street. If NBC had the high rated shows that they used to, then FNL and Studio 60 would've had shows that were well established to lead-in and out of FNL and Studio 60. Unfortunately, they don't so it was harder for those two shows.

Craig

Heroes has 14 million viewers.

Simps
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm from a midwestern suburb and ALL the towns around me ony had 1 school each.

bartleby
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Heroes has 14 million viewers.

Yeah, but it's also a new show. It's easier to get someone that's been watching C.S.I. for five years to watch one new show than to get someone to watch two new shows.

Fusion
11-13-2006, 03:29 PM

Craig

From some of the stuff I've seen, plus Varsity Blues and FNL I think so. Its very cool and unnerving at the same time.

Either way, I hope there is a Season one on DVD.

XXXenophile
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM

I like the show myself, but I'm constantly amazed that there aren't more stories out there about people going "Yes people in Texas really are this fanatical and stupid."

You'd think they'd realize we're viewing them in an actual very bad light.

GET LIVES TEXAS! STOP LIVING YOUR DREAMS THROUGH THE CHILDREN YOU TREAT LIKE SHIT CAUSE THEY DON'T CATCH A BALL LIKE YOU DID!!!!

Sorry, the show just can insult my intelligence at times