05-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Ain't nothing cool going on here.

Humphrey_Lee
05-01-2005, 01:17 AM

................... :(

Brewtown Andy
05-01-2005, 01:28 AM
................... :(By here, I meant Milwaukee, and specifically, my job.

If you want my highlight of the night, check the most recent entry on my LiveJournal (link below).

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 01:35 AM
i keep checking myspace.com for any cute chicks to drool over...or listening to iTunes radio.

madmartigan
05-01-2005, 01:39 AM
it's only 11:38 p.m. here and i'm munching on a klondike bar.

Humphrey_Lee
05-01-2005, 01:41 AM
i keep checking myspace.com for any cute chicks to drool over...or listening to iTunes radio.

You've just given me an idea.... and yea, it's the myspace one.. not the radio (I'm already rotating CDs)... yay for torturing yourself with women you'll never meet! :?

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 02:14 AM
hahahaha. yeah. I don't know why i fuckin bother with myspace, it's pointless. But I do have the metal band Anthrax on my friends list, and it ain't fake.

btw, this is mine ;)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/batphone/THRAX.jpg

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 02:20 AM
It's 12.15 pm here and my girlfriend is cooking and I'm dozing on the couch

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 02:22 AM
did you give it to her?

Brewtown Andy
05-01-2005, 02:37 AM
did you give it to her? :mistrust:

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 02:38 AM
did you give it to her?

We're sunday morning... :D

is there something else to do on that time?

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 02:43 AM
:Pacman:

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Pac-man Feeva!

Mike Haseloff
05-01-2005, 02:57 AM
It's 8:30pm Sunday night here.

Pretty bored.
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to find/pay artists, and get a computer...

The Logies, our answer to the Emmys, is on.

Yeah, it is crap, if you're wondering.

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 02:59 AM
The Logies,

That sounds so gay :p

Mike Haseloff
05-01-2005, 03:02 AM
That sounds so gay :pI don't know about gay, but it's definitely some of the most boring crap you can see on television.

What this country seems to fail to fathom, is our entertainment industry PALES in comparison to the United States. We really don't deserve a so-called, "night of nights."

I wouldn't give it up, but if I ever won a logie, I'd be between two-minds as far as whether or not I was honored and proud, or ashamed and embarassed.

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't know about gay, but it's definitely some of the most boring crap you can see on television.

What this country seems to fail to fathom, is our entertainment industry PALES in comparison to the United States. We really don't deserve a so-called, "night of nights."

I wouldn't give it up, but if I ever won a logie, I'd be between two-minds as far as whether or not I was honored and proud, or ashamed and embarassed.

But you've great actors Paul Hogan, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Kylie Minogue, Holly Vallance(she's very nice) and all those actors from Heartbreak High :mistrust:

Mike Haseloff
05-01-2005, 03:16 AM
But you've great actors Paul Hogan, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Kylie Minogue, Holly Vallance(she's very nice) and all those actors from Heartbreak High :mistrust:Eh... Paul Hogan is an Australiana hack. To me, they're some of the worst kinds of actors we produce.
I'm less interested in being Australian, and more interested in being a good actor, who happens to be Australian. Australiana really irks me.

Mel Gibson is from Chicago, so... go figure.
He's also pretty much only Australian when it suits him, which is, whenever someone brings it up amidst a lot of other Australians having success, or of one of the few times he's here.

Similarly, Kylie Minogue, who is less barely an actor but firmly established as a British and Aussie pop queen, has distanced herself from her down under home. She may as well be English... and she's certainly not a high point in our acting history.

Russel Crowe is from Australia's natural enemy - New Zealand.
His assimilation into our national description was one of a mutual benefit. We got to have another Australian star win an Oscar, and he got to be Australian, which seems to even be a more high profile situation over in the States. Being a Kiwi (person from New Zealand) isn't great over here though. Lots of bad accents.

Of course, Russel Crowe is an pain in the arse prick, and we're pretty happy to let him go by now. Which pleases me, because I find him to be a pain in the arse prick.

Holly Valance, is Kylie 2004.
She won't have the same success.

Hugh Jackman... well, there's someone I can get behind.
Peter O'brien, is another Australian actor to be proud of, in my eyes. He was a part of probably the only half-decent police drama to come out of Aus, White Collar Blue.
Love them or hate them, the likes of Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman are our actress queens.

We really don't have a lot.
My point about the Logies, however, isn't about actors like these when they're stars.

When the names you know were appearing on Australian television, they were jokes. Barely even jokes. Our production values are only starting to improve now, but we're still a pretty pathetic country when it comes to television.

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 03:20 AM
damn, you know a lot of stuff

Mike Haseloff
05-01-2005, 03:21 AM
damn, you know a lot of stuffI'm very knowledgable.

I just choose to talk about Namor and Thor a lot... :D

batphone begins
05-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Imperius Rex!

Olivier E.
05-01-2005, 03:36 AM
And Temuera Morrison? Is he a kiwi or Australian?

Mike Haseloff
05-01-2005, 03:41 AM
And Temuera Morrison? Is he a kiwi or Australian?He's a kiwi. You can tell by his annoying accent, and complexion.

People of Maori descent, such as Morrison, look like that.
Sort of like Hawaiians by Samoans, I guess.

To be fair, we do get a lot of cross polination though, so it's easy to be unsure.

New Zealand to Australia, is a lot like Canada to the United States.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-01-2005, 08:50 AM

Sucka.

Wayno.

Pat Loika
05-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Time holds no meaning to me anymore.

P.

Brewtown Andy
05-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Sucka.