PDA

View Full Version : 52 this week.... Spoilers in here

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Holy shit, this may have been the most eventful week in 52 yet.

Man oh man. Loved the Ralph/ Specter/ Eclipso thing

And Skeets and last nights thread made me think that Booster Really is RIP. I mean even the comment that the time lord guy made seemed to illude to it.

This could be the best or worst thing to happen in 52 yet

the bummer was about the question though I can't believe there going that route with him

this weeks 52 was great. what did yall think ? (i know there is a thread somewhere but i was so excited i didn't want to go looking )

NickT
11-08-2006, 02:57 PM
the bummer was about the question though I can't believe there going that route with him

What route? ::o

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
What route? ::o

cancer. looks like he's the one who will die before 52 ends

Ryan Elliott
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
The only thing I didn't like was the Question thing. That sucks.

Everything else was great.

Gavin
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
cancer. looks like he's the one who will die before 52 ends

Lame.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Lame.

yeah too true but it looks like thats why he wanted Montoya to come with him. She looks like she'll be the new Question by 52's end.

Howlett
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah too true but it looks like thats why he wanted Montoya to come with him. She looks like she'll be the new Question by 52's end.

To be honest, I haven't read this weeks 52 but I was under the impression that she was going to be The Question by the end of 52 anyway. In fact, I could've sworn I saw that mentioned a while back :dunno:

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 03:07 PM
To be honest, I haven't read this weeks 52 but I was under the impression that she was going to be The Question by the end of 52 anyway. In fact, I could've sworn I saw that mentioned a while back :dunno:

it might have been there somewhere but i never saw it i guess. So since it was news to me it was a shock moment in the book :)

Howlett
11-08-2006, 03:11 PM
it might have been there somewhere but i never saw it i guess. So since it was news to me it was a shock moment in the book :)

Oh I'm not saying for sure it was mentioned, I might just have guessed because of something that was said during an interview or something. Still, I'm not really surprised myself. The way they've been since they teamed up, I pretty much figured they were setting her up as the new Question.

artimoff
11-08-2006, 03:11 PM

I called that way back in week #2

Gavin
11-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Even more lame.

I like Montoya, but that's not a direction I'm interested in seeing her character go. Aside from Dini's Detective Comics DC just hasn't been doing it for me of late.

Howlett
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Even more lame.

I like Montoya, but that's not a direction I'm interested in seeing her character go. Aside from Dini's Detective Comics DC just hasn't been doing it for me of late.

After the Crisis, I couldn't honestly care less if the DCU vanished from the face of the earth, but I like Montoya as she is, so I'm with you. I think they should leave some of their "real" characters as just that.

Gavin
11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
After the Crisis, I couldn't honestly care less if the DCU vanished from the face of the earth, but I like Montoya as she is, so I'm with you. I think they should leave some of their "real" characters as just that.

Although, to be fair, I'm not really interested in Civil War either, so neither company is doing it for me. Probably why I haven't been buying as much of late. Good for the pocketbook, but it's still disappointing.

Howlett
11-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Although, to be fair, I'm not really interested in Civil War either, so neither company is doing it for me.

And there is where we part ways in our agreement :lol:

Gavin
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
And there is where we part ways in our agreement :lol:

Two roads diverged....but I, I took the one less travelled by. And it has made all the difference.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Two roads diverged....but I, I took the one less travelled by. And it has made all the difference.

second time i heard that today. and i like this books and its direction. however, there are alot of OYL books i'm not to fond of

The Human Target
11-08-2006, 04:52 PM

People have been calling it since like week 2.

On the one hand, you could say DC has been building up to it.

On the other, you could say its stunningly predictable.

Howlett
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
People have been calling it since like week 2.

On the one hand, you could say DC has been building up to it.

On the other, you could say its stunningly predictable.

Never really read the predictions and discussions about DC books myself, so I figured it myself early on. But yeah, pretty predictable.

changingshades
11-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I like this issue a lot. I can't believe they are corrupting Skeets like that though. So fucking shitty. However am I the only one that thinks thatBooster is Rip Hunter?

Ben
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Two things:

1. The Spectre had no host. Uhhh.. what happened to that Crispen guy from Gotham Central that became the host in Infinite Crisis?

2. Are we supposed to know who Skeet's gold shell is made from? Is it Waverider? With DC comics, I can never tell when an unanswered question is supposed to be unanswered or if we're supposed to know the answer because we're supposed to be experts on DC history and continuity.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Two things:

1. The Spectre had no host. Uhhh.. what happened to that Crispen guy from Gotham Central that became the host in Infinite Crisis?

2. Are we supposed to know who Skeet's gold shell is made from? Is it Waverider? With DC comics, I can never tell when an unanswered question is supposed to be unanswered or if we're supposed to know the answer because we're supposed to be experts on DC history and continuity.

1: good question i dunno maybe they will explain it soon.

2: yes its the big W there

and Jon .....in think so too

Blake Sims
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Two things:

True. Oh well...

changingshades
11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Two things:

1. Crispus Allen, the guy who is now the Spectre was given a year to decide if he wanted to really be linked with the Spectre since he was forced to do it in Crisis and usually they get a choice. He wasn't officially and perminantly the spectre until a year later in that year later mini by pfieffer

2. and yes, apparently the robot librarians of the future are made out of the corpses of dead time traveling heroes from the past. :roll:

God I hate dc sometimes

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
1. Crispus Allen, the guy who is now the Spectre was given a year to decide if he wanted to really be linked with the Spectre since he was forced to do it in Crisis and usually they get a choice. He wasn't officially and perminantly the spectre until a year later in that year later mini by pfieffer

2. and yes, apparently the robot librarians of the future are made out of the corpses of dead time traveling heroes from the past. :roll:

God I hate dc sometimes

he was a museum security robot dang it not a librarian ;)

changingshades
11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
he was a museum security robot dang it not a librarian ;)

stupid prime punch

Deej
11-09-2006, 05:45 PM

I'm not exactly thrilled by this but this week's 52 was really good!

Deej
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I called that way back in week #2

But - is it being played out how you thought it would? I expected a more violent death in some kind of battle than what it looks like will happen.

Bandit Chimera
11-10-2006, 05:38 AM
stupid prime punch

at least it wasn't a prime "taint" punch. that would have hurt :no:

The Craig
11-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Personally I think the Skeets/Waverider thing with his shell, while displaying no logical and being a bit nonsensical was an excellent, creepy moment, which I think this issue was full of.

I'm surprised this wasn't the Hallowe'en issue!

OMAC

Bandit Chimera
11-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Personally I think the Skeets/Waverider thing with his shell, while displaying no logical and being a bit nonsensical was an excellent, creepy moment, which I think this issue was full of.

I'm surprised this wasn't the Hallowe'en issue!

OMAC

yeah that part of the issue had a real sense of darkness too it. So did the Ralph stuff too. the only think that was kinda meh was the question and montoya stuff but it really was dark and there were bits that were very creepy.

seeing skeets as he is now is very alarming. I really want to know more of his motivation though. why is he doing this ?

Race
11-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Dropped as of #26

The Craig
11-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Dropped as of #26

While I'd agree that 26 was a duffer I personally perservere. It seems to me that every week there is a bad issue the next one is a vast improvement and it gets a little run going.

I'd be interested to see at the end who did what in 52 to see if there are patterns with the my opinion of each storyline/issue.

Hang on, if you dropped it at 26, why are you on a thread related to 27?!?

OMAC

Race
11-10-2006, 06:50 AM
While I'd agree that 26 was a duffer I personally perservere. It seems to me that every week there is a bad issue the next one is a vast improvement and it gets a little run going.

I'd be interested to see at the end who did what in 52 to see if there are patterns with the my opinion of each storyline/issue.

Hang on, if you dropped it at 26, why are you on a thread related to 27?!?

OMACShorter way of saying "I am no longer reading 52 and have no input from here on out as I have stopped purchasing the series at #26."

Plus, I'm willing to bet that when the trades eventually come out, there will be a break at 26, allowing me to finish the series in tp format (should it warrant it).

Bandit Chimera
11-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Shorter way of saying "I am no longer reading 52 and have no input from here on out as I have stopped purchasing the series at #26."

Plus, I'm willing to bet that when the trades eventually come out, there will be a break at 26, allowing me to finish the series in tp format (should it warrant it).

well thats your choice but i gotta say 27 was alot better than 26.

I do see you logic in the whole trade thing though. for me, personally, i like having 1 book that comes out every week and is about the same few stories though. I could use alot less of the steel story and i wouldn't be too sad lol

Race
11-10-2006, 07:35 AM
well thats your choice but i gotta say 27 was alot better than 26.

I do see you logic in the whole trade thing though. for me, personally, i like having 1 book that comes out every week and is about the same few stories though. I could use alot less of the steel story and i wouldn't be too sad lolI think that if the same amount of each book were devoted to each "thread" of the stories being told (Steel, Black Adam, Booster, Intergang, Dibney), I might like it better. But it's kind of a convoluted mishmash that is a bit off-putting. Still, I'm interested to see how things turn out - thus, I'll probably grab the trades.

TIP
11-10-2006, 07:36 AM
REALLY liked the Skeets/Waverider bit...creeped me out right good.

Doug
11-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Skeets is one evil motherfucker.

Also I'm really liking the direction the Question/Montoya story is going. Sure you could guess that Vic was grooming Renee to be his replacement, but it is not going the way I thought it would.

I'm really liking 52.