PDA

View Full Version : Terror alert has been raised to "high".

Shane W
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
According to my co-worker who is monitoring Fox News.

How convenient. :lol:

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Well, The terrorists DID win.

TIP
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, the Democrats did win...hence, so did the terrorists (according to King Dub).

T
EDIT BUB: D'OH! JABBY'D!!!

Marcdachamp
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Gotta love Fox News. And by love it I mean think everyone on the network is a complete tool.

JBElliott
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Too late! The people already voted for the Democrats. The Republicans forgot to do this before the election.

Gavin
11-08-2006, 02:21 PM
High over the election.......genius.

Ryan Elliott
11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Do they really think we're that stupid?

I mean, come on.

Thommy Melanson
11-08-2006, 02:23 PM
So THAT'S what Osama's been waiting for...the Dems to take over the House and Senate!

>smacks forehead<

Cagey, cagey man that Bin Laden.

Thommy Melanson
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Do they really think we're that stupid?

Yes.

Yes they do.

Seriously.

Ray G.
11-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't see how this would help them.

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 02:25 PM
seriously?

stevapalooza
11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't worry! Rumsfeld will fix it by incompetently occupying the wrong country! What? Rumsfeld resigned? Noooo!!!

LazyComix
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Seriously?

Thommy Melanson
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Don't worry! Rumsfeld will fix it by incompetently occupying the wrong country! What? Rumsfeld resigned? Noooo!!!

I'm sure the head of Texas A & M will do a far better job.

If he declines though, there's always Harriet Myers on call.

Shane W
11-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Seriously?

That's what he's saying, and he's worried now because he is going on vacation Sunday.

Marcdachamp
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't see how this would help them.
It's meant as a "See what you did!"

NickT
11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Just a thought, but even if they weren't telling us the terror alert would have been at high.

KingMob
11-08-2006, 02:46 PM
seriously?

seriously?

eh.

mario
11-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Maybe it's an early start for the Christmas decorations? What color is it at now?

NickT
11-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Maybe it's an early start for the Christmas decorations? What color is it at now?
Red....off....red....off....red....off....red...of f...

Why is this on a tree, anyway?

mario
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Red....off....red....off....red....off....red...of f...

Why is this on a tree, anyway?

to suck up to the Green Party, of course!
Come on, Nick, you know this stuff
;-)

Ben
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I never paid attention to the threat level. I always viewed it as something only law enforcement, military, 1st responders, etc. need to be aware of. It's like if you were sitting in a hospital waiting room and you heard "Code Blue! Code Blue!" over the loudspeaker, would you run into the OR to try and do something? No, that code's for doctors.

Shane W
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I never paid attention to the threat level. I always viewed it as something only law enforcement, military, 1st responders, etc. need to be aware of. It's like if you were sitting in a hospital waiting room and you heard "Code Blue! Code Blue!" over the loudspeaker, would you run into the OR to try and do something? No, that code's for doctors.

You support terrorism.

Hey, did you hear that I defeated jesus with my yard sign?

The Roman Candle
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM

It's a good idea for people who travel to pay attention. There's a big, big difference between flying during a high alert and flying during moderate times.

Ben
11-08-2006, 06:03 PM
It's a good idea for people who travel to pay attention. There's a big, big difference between flying during a high alert and flying during moderate times.How often do you travel? I don't usually fly more than once a year. I'll check the status when I fly, but it's always at least elevated. And even if you fly, the chances of dying by terrorists hands are pretty low.

viper
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Is this because the terrorists won?

Also, I hope the alert lowers soon, I'm flying to the US in a month.

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
How often do you travel? I don't usually fly more than once a year. I'll check the status when I fly, but it's always at least elevated. And even if you fly, the chances of dying by terrorists hands are pretty low.

You're more likely to collide with another jet on the tarmac and die a fiery death than you are to be flown into a building I would think.

ClintP
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm sure the head of Texas A & M will do a far better job.

If he declines though, there's always Harriet Myers on call.

An aggie is taking over? Oh sweet jesus. Give us a quick death, please?:Punch:

ClintP
11-08-2006, 06:13 PM

I agree with Ben for once. It sure is cold outside! Those threat levels are the lamest things ever. I mean, what the hell are old farts and housewives supposed to do with that info during the middle of the day?

Evan the Shaggy
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Honestly, if you look at that little ticker on the bottom of the screen, the terror alert is always elevated.

ClintP
11-08-2006, 06:16 PM
How often do you travel? I don't usually fly more than once a year. I'll check the status when I fly, but it's always at least elevated. And even if you fly, the chances of dying by terrorists hands are pretty low.

I travelled every week for a year and a half, including a sept 11. I never was worried. I didn't think about it, but I wasn't worried. I just thought about it this way, if I am going to die because of a terrorist, I am going to die at their hands by a bottle of breast milk or a shoe. There is no way I am going to sit there and just let them threaten me with a paper clip or a belt. FUCK THEM!