PDA

View Full Version : How awesome is the 24 Season 6 trailer?

JackBauer
11-08-2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T184KcDHsn0&mode=related&search=

This season will rock so hard!:D

But I don't want to Jack sacrifice himself...:cry:

BriRedfern
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
At least your not biased.

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
6. It's 6 Awesome.

Foolish Mortal
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Awesome! :rock:

Magnum V.I.
11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T184KcDHsn0&mode=related&search=

This season will rock so hard!:D

But I don't want to Jack sacrifice himself...:cry:

He has at least another season contracted so he won't die, but he will be totally unrestrained and not have to worry about that thing called the Constitution.

Also, he's got pent up Chinese anger to take out :D

NickT
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm less enthused these days, now we're pretty much running low on established cast.

Magnum V.I.
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm less enthused these days, now we're pretty much running low on established cast.

Aaron Pierce, Curtis, Bill, Chloe....They're pretty established.

and Curtis is a Badass. His Man punch to Naked Mandy was amazing...

Rick_O
11-08-2006, 03:06 PM
I haven't seen season 5. I'm waitng for the dvds.

NickT
11-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Aaron Pierce, Curtis, Bill, Chloe....They're pretty established.

and Curtis is a Badass. His Man punch to Naked Mandy was amazing...
Curtis was doing alright in S4, then dissapeared for most of S5. Maybe that is why Milo is back in S6, Curtis was hiding in the same hole in CTU as he was.

After S4, I was really looking forward to 24, as it really seemed like they had a team of people at CTU. They could have even done an episode without Jack. Then they started the mass killings, but didn't bother bringing in any replacements.

Dermie
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Curtis was doing alright in S4, then dissapeared for most of S5.

Curtis did disappear towards the end of the season, but he was there for more than half of it.

After S4, I was really looking forward to 24, as it really seemed like they had a team of people at CTU. They could have even done an episode without Jack. Then they started the mass killings, but didn't bother bringing in any replacements.

That's not really true. Of the CTU staff who were in place at the end of season 4, they only killed off one last year--Edgar. Tony and Michelle were both already gone, and Palmer was never part of the CTU staff. That still leaves Chloe, Buchanan and Curtis as established CTU people, and they DID bring in replacements like Karen Hayes and Chloe's ex-husband.

So, for established characters still running around we've got Jack, Chloe, Audrey, Buchanan, Curtis, Wayne Palmer, Aaron Pierce, Mike Novik, Karen Hayes, ex-husband guy...and people like Kim, Chase, Martha, etc still out there somewhere who could reappear.

NickT
11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
That's not really true. Of the CTU staff who were in place at the end of season 4, they only killed off one last year--Edgar. Tony and Michelle were both already gone, and Palmer was never part of the CTU staff.
Tony and Michelle were brought back into the fold, they could have made it permenant had they chosen it. Or they could have just never used them again, I'd have been happier with that over the "We don't know what to do!" stuff we got.

Dermie
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Tony and Michelle were brought back into the fold, they could have made it permenant had they chosen it.

They could have--but by the end of season 4 both characters had already announced their decision to retire. So, by the end of season 4, both characters were no longer a part of CTU.

Or they could have just never used them again, I'd have been happier with that over the "We don't know what to do!" stuff we got.

I too would have been pleased if Tony and Michelle were allowed to have their happy ending. But I don't think killing them off was a question of not knowing what to do with them--I think it was just that the show was done with those characters, so they decided why not kill them off to really raise the stakes this season and give Jack a more personal stake in things.

Magnum V.I.
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Curtis was doing alright in S4, then dissapeared for most of S5. Maybe that is why Milo is back in S6, Curtis was hiding in the same hole in CTU as he was.

Milo was an Independent Contractor they brought in, not a CTU member.

NickT
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I too would have been pleased if Tony and Michelle were allowed to have their happy ending. But I don't think killing them off was a question of not knowing what to do with them--I think it was just that the show was done with those characters, so they decided why not kill them off to really raise the stakes this season and give Jack a more personal stake in things.
IIRC Tony was at one point going to die in the first episode, and at another would have been a subplot.

NickT
11-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Milo was an Independent Contractor they brought in, not a CTU member.
Yeah, I know. I think it was something like a scheduling problem, but he was meant to appear again and never did. Thus one minute he is working at CTU, the next he dissapears. He used to be a joke with some people I used to talk about 24 with, as one day he'd return! And now he is :)