PDA

View Full Version : Someone broke into my apartment...

niceguyeddie
11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
they stole both my roommate's and my laptop, my duffel bag, and my laptop carrying case... but nothing else.
they even forgot the plug in charger for my roommates laptop but they took mine. I'm guessing they took mine because I had left it connected and so they didn't have to go looking for it.

Yeah, so I'll probably not be on the forums as much as I used to.
My roommate already got a new laptop... his parents paid for it. He has the excuse that he's an art major and he needs it, but sadly I don't so I'm stuck with now having to go to the campus library to type stuff up or visit the forum or I can just wait every couple of weeks or so for when I go back home to visit so I can use my brothers comp.

they broke in through the window. The glass pane was partially open to let the cool air in so I guess they managed to push it farther open and then they just proceeded to rip open a hole into the wire pane thingamajig.
We're on the third floor and apart from us there's maybe two other apartments with college students and besides that it's nothing but families.
My roommate and I figure it's gotta be one of the college students and/or his friends. They probably timed it so neither of us would be home. We're both on pretty set schedules what with work and school.
Bastards...
Yeah, it sucks.
Anyways, I just wanted to vent a bit and let you guys know why I might not be on here as much as I usually am.

TIP
11-08-2006, 10:13 AM
They stole your roommate?!?
:wink:

T
(kidding...that sucks, man)

Patton
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
that blows hard.

kelemanga
11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Dude,
get some cameras or something in your apartment. There are some windows out there that can be opened to a certain extent and locked at the same time. We got them to air out the house. Sorry to hear.

Foolish Mortal
11-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Shit man, that sucks. Find those fuckers and kick their ass! :mad:

Bart A Thompson
11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Damn, man. That seriously sucks. Did either of you have the serial numbers saved for the police reports? It probably won't do much good, but it's a slight step forward.

niceguyeddie
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
oh, and I forgot to mention that they did NOT take my roommate's xbox 360... we figure they were in a hurry or it was too big for them to carry or something. But then again, why take a duffel bag???
WEIRD... assholes.

Damn, man. That seriously sucks. Did either of you have the serial numbers saved for the police reports? It probably won't do much good, but it's a slight step forward.

He did.. I don't.

Bart A Thompson
11-08-2006, 10:50 AM
oh, and I forgot to mention that they did NOT take my roommate's xbox 360... we figure they were in a hurry or it was too big for them to carry or something. But then again, why take a duffel bag???
WEIRD... assholes.

He did.. I don't.

Yeah, probably in too much of a hurry. Maybe they used the duffel bag to put the laptops in (and carry them out)?

Here's hoping his laptop will be found and yours will be nearby.

innocentboy
11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
sorry to hear about that.
dont' really know what to say on it still.