PDA

View Full Version : Remarks from Mehlman (RNC)...

JoeE
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Usually I ignore this guy - he's the face of a party that no longer represents me in any way shape or form, but check this out (from the RNC website):

We need to refocus on our conservative principles of less government, lower taxes, less regulation, strong national defense, judicial restraint, and fiscal conservatism. We have a very vibrant and strong party and a philosophy that works. We just have to recommit ourselves to better serving the American people.

No Jesus bullshit! Nothing about abortion, gay marriage, or stem cell research! WOO HOO!

Hopefully he's serious, because I'd happily vote for a party that actually adhered to this platform and believed in it.

dimeshop
11-08-2006, 10:42 AM
No Jesus bullshit! Nothing about abortion, gay marriage, or stem cell research! WOO HOO!

I think that's what he meant by "Judicial Restraint"

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I think that's what he meant by "Judicial Restraint"

Uh...no.

It means strict adherence to the constitution.

RickLM
11-08-2006, 10:56 AM
That's hilarious. Name one Republican who wants to cut spending IN HIS OWN DISTRICT. That's where it begins. I quit listening to the "fiscal conservative" bullshit right around Reagan's second year in office. The easiest way to wield power is to bring home the bacon, and they've done it more than the Dems ever did.

dimeshop
11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Uh...no.

It means strict adherence to the constitution.

Literally, yes. However, I don't think that's what Ken meant.

Republicans for the past few years have called judges "activist" any time they don't agree with them. Like when Pat Robertson asked his followers to pray for the more liberal members of the Supreme Court to die to protect against gay marriage.

Skatonic10
11-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Judicial restaint = no gay marriage

And where is this "fiscal conservativism" he speaks of? I believe the democrats had that before Bushy came into power.

Ryan F
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
It means strict adherence to the conservative version of the constitution.

fixed.

Evan Wiener
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Mehlmen has been so full of it over the last couple years.

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Wha huh?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/rnc072603kmf2.jpg

Binx
11-08-2006, 11:54 AM
We need to refocus on our conservative principles of less government, lower taxes, less regulation, strong national defense, judicial restraint, and fiscal conservatism. We have a very vibrant and strong party and a philosophy that works. We just have to recommit ourselves to better serving the American people.

In addition to Iraq, the highlights are where they lost me this time round.