PDA

View Full Version : MARVEL Film Slate...Good Stuff Abounds

comicbookink
11-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Marvel have released their third quarterly report, showing the status of their many projects.

2007 Movie Pipeline
Ghost Rider (Sony) - Feb 16, 2007 Release
- While the reaction to the new trailer was lukewarm at best, and it has started to become an insider joke, there is still some good things going for this film...I hope.

Spider-Man 3 (Sony) - May 4, 2007 Release
- The big honcho itself, with curiousity stirring once again regarding the possible villians, with Bruce Campbell possibly as Quentin Beck, or Mysterio. Should be great.

Fantastic Four 2 (Fox) - June 15, 2007 Release
- They have been surprisingly quiet about this movie, moreso than the first one. While my optimism says they just don't want to spoil the Silver Surfer, it does make it seem a bit suspicious.

2007 Videogame Releases
Ghost Rider (Take-Two) - Q1 2007
Marvel Vs. Card Game (Konami) - Q1 2007
Spider-Man 3 (Activision) - Q1 2007
Fantastic Four 2 (Take-Two) - Q1 2007
Marvel Nemesis 2 (Electronic Arts) - Q4 2007
Spider-Man Trilogy (Activision) - Q4 2007

Future Projects Under Marvel-controlled Development
Iron Man
Writer & director engaged, slated for May 2, 2008
- Everything seems to be going just fine, with Downey hinting at some more great casting news, possibly with the secretary Potts and with the Mandarin.

Incredible Hulk
Writer and director engaged, slated for June 27, 2008 release
- While the prospect of Eric Bana returning is still up in the air, this film nonetheless has an headstart for the Fourth of July weekend, even going up against the mysterious Pixar project, "Wall-E".

Ant-Man
Writer and director engaged
- The team behind "Shaun of the Dead" is hard at work here, so we should expect something in the near future.

Captain America
Writer engaged
- As I've said before, they are really, really being very careful with this project.

Nick Fury
Writer engaged
- It has been on the backburner for some time, so there is nothing to really say here.

Thor
Writer engaged
- This is up in the air at this point. While any news would be appreciated, I think Marvel is just going to wait and see how the other self-financied films go.

The Avengers
Writer engaged
- Forget about this one. Even if the big three (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor) ends up releasing annually, we cannot hope to expect this film until at least 2011. Fortunately, all the big players can now be in the film (though Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would be a little tricky.)

"Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi are other projects that may be developed by Marvel."

Future Licensed Marvel Movies
Wolverine (Fox) - Status TBD
- The script's done, the actor's ready, the director is close to being chosen. Expect this one to be on the production path quickly. In fact, they could position this as a summer tentpole, all things considering.

The Punisher 2 (Lions Gate) - Status TBD
- Thomas Jane is still enthuasitic, and it seems inevitable.

Magneto (Fox) - Status TBD
- Don't know about this one. If Wolverine does extremely well, I wonder if the studios would rather go with another X-Men than another spinoff.

Namor (Universal) - Status TBD
- I have forgotten who's in the director's seat now, so I can only expect this to continue.

Television Animated Projects
Fantastic Four (Moonscoop SAS) - 26 30-minute episodes airing starting 2006; US Dist on Cartoon Network
Wolverine (First Serve Toonz) - 26 30-minute episodes in development
Iron Man (Method Films) - 26, 30-minute episodes in development

Direct-to-Video/DVD Animated Projects
Iron Man (2007)
Dr. Strange (TBD)

Live Action Television Projects
Alter Ego
Moon Knight
Skrull Kill Krew

FredC
11-08-2006, 07:06 AM
They're making a Marvel Nemesis 2?

All in all, sounds like a mixed bag. Some sound good, others, not so much.

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 07:10 AM
not to mention it seems the FF cartoon is dead given the fact Cartoon Network has pulled it already from its schedule.

A.Huerta
11-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Steven Spielberg needs to direct Captain America. And a Sentry movie would creep out some people and show Marvel can go dark.

Akira
11-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Live Action Television Projects
Alter Ego
Huh? Is this a new name for Alias?

not to mention it seems the FF cartoon is dead given the fact Cartoon Network has pulled it already from its schedule.
Damn, already? :( I was just stating to get into it.