PDA

View Full Version : The John McCain Suicide Watch

Shwicaz
11-08-2006, 06:30 AM
remember this...?

John McCain Says If Democrats Win He'll "Commit Suicide"

October 18, 2006 4:27 p.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - In an interview, Senator and possible 2008 GOP presidential candidate, John McCain (R-AZ), when asked what he would do if Democrats won control over Congress this November, says he would "commit suicide."

McCain jokingly tells Iowa Radio that "I think I'd just commit suicide."

"I don't want to face that eventuality because I don't think it's going to happen...I think it's going to be tough, but I think we'll do o.k."

According to radio, McCain is in Iowa campaigning with GOP Congressmen Steve King and Tom Latham as well as Republican congressional candidate Jeff Lamberti.

McCain spoke at a mid-day news conference in Des Moines, where McCain was asked what his reaction would be to a Democratic take-over of the Senate.

I do not advocate suicide, having attempted it myself.

Hopefully, John McCain will think a bit more before he opens his mouth next time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/shwicaz/The20More20You20Know20LOGO.jpg

Race
11-08-2006, 06:33 AM
To be fair, there was a political interview (I forget where - LA, I think) in which a Democratic pundit was asked what would happen if the GOP won.

"It'd be like Jonestown" was the reply. Politicians are always saying stupid $#!t like that. Just goes to show how little they say anything meaningful.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, why'd you try it?

Shwicaz
11-08-2006, 06:34 AM
cuz I was an idiot.

Shwicaz
11-08-2006, 06:35 AM
it was 16 years ago, btw.

so don't worry. ;)

Race
11-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Ah the folly of youth - running around thinking you're immortal and all . . .

TheTravis!
11-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Time for Johnny-boy to put his money where his mouth is!

And by "money", I mean "gun".

Marcdachamp
11-08-2006, 07:32 AM
I was so waiting for this thread. Awesome.

dEnny!
11-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Time for Johnny-boy to put his money where his mouth is!

And by "money", I mean "gun".

I'm sure this quote was either taken out of context or he was just joking...you know like John Kerry was with his comments about soldiers going to Iraq a week or so ago.

RebootedCorpse
11-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Don't do it, John, there are so many right-wingers dicks you haven't sucked yet!

TheTravis!
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm sure this quote was either taken out of context or he was just joking...you know like John Kerry was with his comments about soldiers going to Iraq a week or so ago.

If it's the same situation as with Kerry than motherfuck McCain owes the country a FUCKING APOLOGY, doesn't he?

dEnny!
11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
If it's the same situation as with Kerry than motherfuck McCain owes the country a FUCKING APOLOGY, doesn't he?

Oh, is this what passes for an apology nowadays? Kerry's, sorry, it was a poorly executed joke.

I think the difference in views regarding Republicans and Democrats is more about bias. When the guy posted Kerry's comments all the liberals came swooping in with defenses and the conservatives rub salt on Kerry. When it's a post about McCain all the liberals swoop in and rub salt in it and all the conservatives swoop in with their defenses.

I think Kerry knew what he was saying and I don't see any reason for him to apologize. It's his opinion.

NickT
11-08-2006, 09:30 AM
What for? Kerry said something wrongly, McCain is getting taken out of context with what he said.

Ray G.
11-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh, is this what passes for an apology nowadays? Kerry's, sorry, it was a poorly executed joke.

So, I assume that if McCain says "I'm sorry my joke was taken the wrong way", I assume this will be over with and never mentioned again? ;)

SCOURGE
11-08-2006, 09:31 AM
I think he was stoned on television last night...He was so mellow and non-hyper about the events of last night's results, I think that his handlers gave in some kind of meds to him to help him deal with the full impact of the disaster that occured last night...

Simps
11-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Apologise that people can't spot an obvious joke?

dEnny!
11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Apologise that people can't spot an obvious joke?

Can we all agree politicians really aren't funny and should leave the jokes to the professionals?

Matt Jay
11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Flip-flop!!!!

Mister Mets
11-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Can we all agree politicians really aren't funny and should leave the jokes to the professionals?
McCain was actually pretty good as host of the Saturday Night Live a few years back. :mistrust:

Shwicaz
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
McCain was actually pretty good as host of the Saturday Night Live a few years back. :mistrust:

and Bob Dole, too.

NickT
11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
and Bob Dole, too.

He isn't American, but he makes me laugh:

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/01/28/en2801borb.jpg

Boris :D

RickLM
11-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Bet McCain's really glad he hitched his wagon to all the ultra-conservatives.

You Killed Hawkeye
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
This is my number 2 reason for voting this year.

Marcdachamp
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
This is my number 2 reason for voting this year.
:lol:

Isn't it great how the Republicans encourage voter turn-out?

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 12:15 PM

I think the difference in views regarding Republicans and Democrats is more about bias. When the guy posted Kerry's comments all the liberals came swooping in with defenses and the conservatives rub salt on Kerry. When it's a post about McCain all the liberals swoop in and rub salt in it and all the conservatives swoop in with their defenses.

I think Kerry knew what he was saying and I don't see any reason for him to apologize. It's his opinion.

I personally don't think either were a big deal. McCain jokingly said if the Dems won control he'd kill himself. Funny when he said it and while it was played all over it wasn't a huge deal. As for Kerry, that was made into such a HUGE deal when it shouldn't have been either.

The line immediately before his "botched joke" was that Bush lives in a state of denial. Then he said the line about if you're smart you do your homework and do well and if you don't you get stuck in Iraq. It was clear to everyone in the room and anyone who read the actual transcript that day (including the AP reporters there) that he was talking about Bush. Then that selective quote got out in the media and the righties got worked into a frenzy and suddenly a decorated war hero was "slamming the troops". Despicable. Even though he left out the word "us" it doesn't change the meaning of his joke on Bush.

Thank God the constant hammering in the so-called liberal media didn't affect the election. Whew.

TheTravis!
11-08-2006, 12:32 PM

I don't see any reason for either one to apologize. But since we endured a bullshit conservative witchhunt for days over Kerry's fuckup, I would expect that you and yours could endure a similar shitstorm regarding McCain's bad joke.

Shwicaz
11-08-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't see any reason for either one to apologize. But since we endured a bullshit conservative witchhunt for days over Kerry's fuckup, I would expect that you and yours could endure a similar shitstorm regarding McCain's bad joke.

I was more amazed that the media didn't jump on McCain's very cavalier, jokey attitude toward suicide.

dEnny!
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I was more amazed that the media didn't jump on McCain's very cavalier, jokey attitude toward suicide.

Whatever you rabble rouser!

changingshades
11-08-2006, 01:13 PM
y'know, I used to like McCain. Back in 2000 I would have voted for him over Bush and Gore.

Would have.

NickT
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
y'know, I used to like McCain. Back in 2000 I would have voted for him over Bush and Gore.

Would have.
Back in the days when he wouldn't have had a chance of being the main choice?

changingshades
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM

yeah probably that's it. I liked him when he was underground Keating 7 Johnny. not this mainstream bull shit.

Jon Dye

Old school

NickT
11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah probably that's it. I liked him when he was underground Keating 7 Johnny. not this mainstream bull shit.

Jon Dye

Old school
Mainstream hater. You're like the Goddard of politics :)

changingshades
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Mainstream hater. You're like the Goddard of politics :)

except much less man pretty

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Problem is he would have were it not for Karl Rove. McCain had a nice run until Rove smeared him by creating the original swift boat ads questioning his sanity and circulating flyers in the South asking if he had fathered an illegitimate black daughter with a hooker.

Bill?
11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
well, I'd miss him. but you have to respect a politician that sticks to his campaign promises.