PDA

View Full Version : I'm more excited to see Top Chef tonight than Lost...

Ziolko
11-08-2006, 05:58 AM
This is the first season I've been able to watch Lost episode to episode and...I don't know. I really like Season One a lot, and Season Two was entertaining, but this season has really left me kind of "eh". There's been about, what, 5 episodes already and there's been a lot of build towards something but it just feels like the meat of the show just isn't quite there. My opinion could probably change after tonight, but for the moment I feel like this season's missing something. Can't really explain it.

Top Chef, on the other hand, has been pretty damn entertaining. I really like cooking shows anyway and having experience in a kitchen it's fun to see all these extreme personalities collide. Last episode was great I thought with the ice cream challenge (Avacado and Bacon ice cream? What the hell?) and I'm really looking forward to all the future meltdowns and drama. Definately a great replacement for Project Runway, which I also enjoyed.

Anyway, I know I'm crazy, but Top Chef > Lost for me this year.

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I'm down for both, but since it's the fall finale of Lost I know it will be bigger than usual.

As for how it's been, I've loved every single moment with the Others and Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Loved. The Locke stuff was okay and the Eko stuff bored me. Oh and I liked Sun, Jin, and Sayid's stuff too. So I'm sort of back and forth. But mostly happy with it.

The accusations of cheating tonight on Top Chef look promising though. I just wish it wasn't on so late. It always makes me hungry.

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 06:02 AM
I love them both the same. Don't make me choose.

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:05 AM
I love them both the same. Don't make me choose.

I heard tell that Lost is going to be prempted by live Faithgate coverage.

xyzzy
11-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Wooo! Top Chef.

I predict Marissa or that doof in the baseball cap goes home.

Criden
11-08-2006, 06:07 AM
How is Top Chef? I was thinking of giving it a shot. They probably have marathon reruns all the time....

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:09 AM
How is Top Chef? I was thinking of giving it a shot. They probably have marathon reruns all the time....

All. The. Time.

That's a good thing about Bravo. You can ALWAYS catch up to thier shows. Even past seasons.

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Wooo! Top Chef.

I predict Marissa or that doof in the baseball cap goes home.

I sorta liked the doof for a minute there but he seems a bit unstable.

As for Marissa...I have no clue who that is, unless it's Crazy Eyes.

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 06:11 AM
I heard tell that Lost is going to be prempted by live Faithgate coverage.That's crazy. At least it didn't come out before the election. The Repubs would've been all over it

xyzzy
I sorta liked the doof for a minute there but he seems a bit unstable.

As for Marissa...I have no clue who that is, unless it's Crazy Eyes.

She's the pastry chef from SF.

bachman
:bansign:

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:13 AM
She's the pastry chef from SF.

Yeah I think that's crazy eyes. She made the only dessert for the firemen I think.

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 06:21 AM
She's the pastry chef from SF.Yeah she keeps saying every challenge is her challenge then fucks it up.

EDIT: Except for that Firemen dessert

Ziolko
11-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah I think that's crazy eyes. She made the only dessert for the firemen I think.

She's constantly making desserts. She really shows range, don't she? I can't wait for her to get kicked off. I hope they keep Michael on for a while if only because I really do think he might eventually knock out Marcel.

FredC
11-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I've only seen the first three episodes of Lost this season, and I think I liked it (quite a bit, actually). I think mainly because I liked the change from always being on the island and hatch to some new place.

Anyway, I'm liking it quite a bit... SO far.

I hope they end the show with either season 4 or 5 though, cuz they are running out of steam and ideas.

I think them wrapping up the series with season 4 or 5 would be great. Time to add new mysteries, solve the mysteries, and wrap everything up.

Any longer would clearly be pushing it.

Bill Nolan
11-08-2006, 06:30 AM
But how can you think this way when the preview last week for tonight's episode promised that it would be "THE BEST EVAHHHH!!!" :roll:

- B

xyzzy
11-08-2006, 06:31 AM
She's constantly making desserts. She really shows range, don't she? I can't wait for her to get kicked off. I hope they keep Michael on for a while if only because I really do think he might eventually knock out Marcel.

Oh, he's entertaining for sure. It just doesn't seem like he has the chops to stick around much longer.

Ziolko
11-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Oh, he's entertaining for sure. It just doesn't seem like he has the chops to stick around much longer.

I totally agree. I think that last challenge wrecked his confidence. Right now I'm rooting for Cliff. He seems to do really good and his food always looks good. That's the problem with this show, though. It's hard to really judge the food without tasting it. We can only go by presentation and personality.

Patton
11-08-2006, 06:47 AM
I totally agree. I think that last challenge wrecked his confidence. Right now I'm rooting for Cliff. He seems to do really good and his food always looks good. That's the problem with this show, though. It's hard to really judge the food without tasting it. We can only go by presentation and personality.

Very true. I don't really have a favorite. Originally it was New Harold (don't know his name but he reminds me of Harold) but then he turned into a bit of an ass. I dunno.

greg donovan
11-08-2006, 06:49 AM
This is the first season I've been able to watch Lost episode to episode and...I don't know. I really like Season One a lot, and Season Two was entertaining, but this season has really left me kind of "eh". There's been about, what, 5 episodes already and there's been a lot of build towards something but it just feels like the meat of the show just isn't quite there. My opinion could probably change after tonight, but for the moment I feel like this season's missing something. Can't really explain it.

Top Chef, on the other hand, has been pretty damn entertaining. I really like cooking shows anyway and having experience in a kitchen it's fun to see all these extreme personalities collide. Last episode was great I thought with the ice cream challenge (Avacado and Bacon ice cream? What the hell?) and I'm really looking forward to all the future meltdowns and drama. Definately a great replacement for Project Runway, which I also enjoyed.

Anyway, I know I'm crazy, but Top Chef > Lost for me this year.

i have begun to notice that people who have only watched lost on DVD untill now feel the same as you.

i think the instant gratification of DVDs for this show have spoiled you. half the fun is sitting around from week to week trying to figure out what is going on.

it is like reading comics in monthlies versus trades.

xyzzy
11-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Very true. I don't really have a favorite. Originally it was New Harold (don't know his name but he reminds me of Harold) but then he turned into a bit of an ass. I dunno.

Ilan?

I think Betty and Cliff are the front runners right now. Ilan, Elia and Mia will stick around for a while because their basic skills are good. Marcel will, too, because even his failures are interesting.

Bill Nolan
11-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Again, you're all crazy:

THE BEST EPISODE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!11!111! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4AsJvqi2w)

- B

Ziolko
11-08-2006, 07:27 AM
i have begun to notice that people who have only watched lost on DVD untill now feel the same as you.

i think the instant gratification of DVDs for this show have spoiled you. half the fun is sitting around from week to week trying to figure out what is going on.

it is like reading comics in monthlies versus trades.

I agree to a point. However, I didn't watch every episode back to back when I did have the DVDs (had to wait until each disc was available to rent), and even then when I was watching them I was like "OMG I have to watch the next show right now!" With this season I don't have that same excitement at the end of each show. I think the whole mystique behind the Others being gone has something to do with that.

xyzzy
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
A Cheeto stuck into a Snickers? That guy needs to go home.

Patton
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
A Cheeto stuck into a Snickers? That guy needs to go home.

"People say I don't care but I really do. I really do want to be here. Here's a Cheeto stuck into a Snickers."

xyzzy
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
"People say I don't care but I really do. I really do want to be here. Here's a Cheeto stuck into a Snickers."

It's funny 'cause it's true.