PDA

View Full Version : Attractive Woman

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
So, I was at work on Saturday and we were quite busy; everyone that was coming into the store was handing over twenty dollar bills and that was draining the change that we keep on hand to get through the day. I asked the owner, "Should I make a run to the bank?" and he said "If you want to survive tomorrow I think we are going to have to." I grabbed my jacket and dashed off to the Canada Trust that is on the same street as The Comic Room (http://thecomicroom.com/indexcr.html). Sometimes the bank is quite crowded and I have to stand in line for a while before reaching a teller. Today was different, though, and there were not many people there. It could of been that there were several tellers instead of the spartan few that usually are there on a Saturday.

I stood in line for a couple of minutes before I notced one of them was insanely beautiful. I don't know what it was about her but there was a definite something. You know what happens sometimes? You see a woman, or a man, and there's an instantaneous that is unexplainable; this girl was one of those times. I am twenty-five and she was making me nervous as hell. I wasn't even at her window, merely in line, and I was like a twelve year-old with a crush. So, I did what anyone in that situation would do. I counted the number of tellers (six of them) and prayed that I wouldn't be so unlucky as to get her. There was a one in six chance that she would be the one to serve me and the odds were in my favour. How do you think that this part of the story ends? Yes, of course I ended up with her calling me to the window and asking, "How can I help you, Mr. Clement?" The woman was even more lovely from a single foot away. I told her, "I just need some change for the business day." She said, "Alright" and we went through the whole schpeel of having that done. I couldn't believe how nervous I was, and how beautiful she was.

She walked away to get the money and it suddenly dawned on me that I should say something, but what? I thought about telling her, before I was about to leave, "I just wanted to say you are a very striking woman" and that be all. That seemed like a reasonable thing to say, didn't it? I wasn't flirting with her, or even hitting on her. I just wanted her to know that, as a woman, she was very attractive. The more I thought about it the more silly it sounded; I have never been good with making conversation with women that are not my friends and I didn't want to come across as a lunatic or pervert. She should get to know me first before she thinks that, right? I mean, she would find out eventually that I am a raving perverted lunatic. It comes naturally in time.

In the end I said nothing and just smiled politely and said, "Thank you" as I left. She smiled back and that was the end of it. This has happened a couple of times in my life and I have always wondered, even asked people a few times, if there is anythig wrong or 'dodgy' about telling a woman she is attractive, that she is lovely. Sometimes I think that a woman would love to have a compliment out of the blue without strings or motive behind it. Other times I think that women might be very creeped out by it and I would have to change banks, cities and hemispheres.

Advice now.

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
I have done that. Usually they smile, genuinely pleased at the compliment and say "Thank you." Nothing comes of it, but it's a moment.

I suggest, however, you keep going back to this bank and trying to get her. Change, checks, deposits, ect. You name it. Find any excuse. Eventually, one day, ask her out.

Vonn Hennigar
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
It's a total crapshoot, some women like it some don't.

Damn them for having different personalitys!!!:)

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Damn them for having different personalitys!!!:)

Personalities? How dare they! :-x If I'm not allowed to have one then no one should!

TheTravis!
11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Most comic book people I know don't have the ability to successfully pull off a compliment to a strange woman. They either make it creepy or geeky. They have no flirt.

Not saying this is you. Just saying.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Just play it cool. Act like you're not interested, but don't ignore her or be rude. Look her in the eyes but don't stare.

And for God's sake, be sincerely interested in what she has to say if you strike up a conversation with her. Don't fake it, actually pay attention and respond when necessary.

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Most comic book people I know don't have the ability to successfully pull off a compliment to a strange woman. They either make it creepy or geeky. They have no flirt.

The problem there is that most comic book people haven't spent much time with women and usually either 1) Run away after complimenting a woman or 2) fleck bits of cheetos into the woman's personal space while trying to get the compliment out.

Not saying this is you. Just saying.

It probably is....... it probably is :surrend:

Brian Defferding
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm the last person to get advice from on this, seeing how much I bombed last time.

My pimp juice has been weakening lately. Think I'm going down slow. I'll be waiting to read advice from some of the more successful blokes here with you, Sean.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
From my experience, most women get creeped out by it. Better to make a joke if you can find something funny to talk about -- you look like you just want to share some cool observation, whereas the "you're so pretty" comment sounds like you want something. My wife gets that a lot and hates it when it comes from men.

If you visit her often, and consistently have something to talk about, she'll get the message.

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
My pimp juice has been weakening lately. Think I'm going down slow. I'll be waiting to read advice from some of the more successful blokes here with you, Sean.

That's the thing, though. As beautiful, and probably far out of my league, as she was I wasn't looking to ask her out. She was just a very attractive woman and something about her struck me; I wanted to just give her a compliment and have that be the end of it. It would be nice to be able to ask her out but the woman in my life would tear me apart and make her way across the globe in a neverending swath of destruction and death.

For the good of mankind I leave it at a compliment.

Jerome Gibbons
11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Seàn, has anyone ever told you you kinda look like Christian Bale's evil younger brother?

Brian Defferding
11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
That's the thing, though. As beautiful, and probably far out of my league as she was, I wasn't looking to ask her out. She was just a very attractive woman and something about her struck me; I wanted to just give her a compliment and have that be the end of it. It would be nice to be able to ask her out but the woman in my life would tear me apart and make her way across the globe in a neverending swath of destruction and death.

For the good of mankind I leave it at a compliment.

No shit, and she's Russian isn't she? You'd be a shishkabob for the starving ex-commies by dawn!

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
From my experience, most women get creeped out by it. Better to make a joke if you can find something funny to talk about -- you look like you just want to share some cool observation, whereas the "you're so pretty" comment sounds like you want something. My wife gets that a lot and hates it when it comes from men.

If you visit her often, and consistently have something to talk about, she'll get the message.

It depends on how it is said, if she is single and sincere you sound. Do it with charm and it can work. Don't just say she's pretty. That's concentrating on the face. Say she looks nice, which is about her overall apperance. Women can spend a lot of time in the morning, picking out an outfit, putting it on and hoping it looks good. Being told she looks nice that day is something she'll like.

So, if you're a repeat customer, if you see her regularly, a charming, "You look really nice today," can work.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 08:32 PM
It depends on how it is said, if she is single and sincere you sound. Do it with charm and it can work. Don't just say she's pretty. That's concentrating on the face. Say she looks nice, which is about her overall apperance. Women can spend a lot of time in the morning, picking out an outfit, putting it on and hoping it looks good. Being told she looks nice that day is something she'll like.

So, if you're a repeat customer, if you see her regularly, a charming, "You look really nice today," can work.

But the female brain works differently. If you say "today" at the end of that, she could think that he doesn't think she looks nice any other day.

Just that she looks today and today only since the last couple of times he's seen her.

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Sen, has anyone ever told you you kinda look like Christian Bale's evil younger brother?

No, but Christian Bale is fairly evil looking to begin with. Sometimes people tell him, "You look like Sen Clement's slightly more evil brother" but I don't think that he minds because, obviously, I am no competition for the ladies. What with the lack of social skills and any sembelence of a life :)

No shit, and she's Russian isn't she? You'd be a shishkabob for the starving ex-commies by dawn!

Ja Altai :scared:

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
But the female brain works differently. If you say "today" at the end of that, she could think that he doesn't think she looks nice any other day.

Just that she looks today and today only since the last couple of times he's seen her.

I have thought of that. It drives me nuts. With female friends and women I know I often add, "Not that you don't always look good, just that today is a step above..." or something. It can be tricky.

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM
No, but Christian Bale is fairly evil looking to begin with.

Just don't buy a raincoat or some Huey Lewis CDs.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I have thought of that. It drives me nuts. With female friends and women I know I often add, "Not that you don't always look good, just that today is a step above..." or something. It can be tricky.

When it comes to women, less is often more. "You look really nice" is usually the best course of action to take for a passing compliment.

TheTravis!
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Next time you go into that bank, leave one ball hanging out of your fly. She'll get the message.

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
When it comes to women, less is often more. "You look really nice" is usually the best course of action to take for a passing compliment.

Yeah, but my non romantic, non sexual female friends will actually say, "What? Only today?"

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Next time you go into that bank, leave one ball hanging out of your fly. She'll get the message.

I was thinking of going with some classy, but playful, ball clevage.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but my non romantic, non sexual female friends will actually say, "What? Only today?"

Then you back-hand them and say: "No bitch. Everyday. I jus' felt like complimentin' yo' ho-ass today."

Works every time.

jza1218
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Try to look cool by pretending to talk on your cell phone about how important you are. Make up something about buying short and selling high on something. Don't forget to act indifferent to her and remember that she's doing YOU a service so be sure to treat her snidely.

Chicks dig that

RickLM
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Tell her she's pretty, then mention its no big deal because you already have a woman, then start talking about the Uncanny X-Men. Maybe talk about hockey since its Canada. You can't lose.

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Try to look cool by pretending to talk on your cell phone about how important you are. Make up something about buying short and selling high on something. Don't forget to act indifferent to her and remember that she's doing YOU a service so be sure to treat her snidely.

Should I call her "Sweet Cheeks" or is that going too far?

jza1218
11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Should I call her "Sweet Cheeks" or is that going too far?

I find that it ruins the mystique by even acknowledging her. Primitive grunts should suffice

sans serif
11-07-2006, 09:37 PM

I don't think you know anything about women.

jza1218
11-07-2006, 10:05 PM

I agree with that Sweet Cheeks

stevapalooza
11-07-2006, 10:37 PM
If she's really that pretty then she probably hears "you're pretty" all day long. You'd just be another voice in the chorus. If you want to use a compliment as an ice breaker try complimenting her clothes or jewelry. Something specific. Specific compliments sound sincere. General compliments sound like lines.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 10:39 PM

Or that all women aren't the same, as you seem to think so.

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I agree with that Sweet Cheeks

And MyLazyCat agreed with me.

Guess I know a little somethin about women after all?

jza1218
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
And MyLazyCat agreed with me.

Guess I know a little somethin about women after all?

You took my post seriously? :lol:

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
You took my post seriously? :lol:

Nope. Just letting Cheegy know that I'm taking HER post seriously by producing proof of the post she quoted.

And I really hate it when people tell me I do or do not know something. I hate it.

jza1218
11-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Nope. Just letting Cheegy know that I'm taking HER post seriously by producing proof of the post she quoted.

And I really hate it when people tell me I do or do not know something. I hate it.

Whatever you say Sweet Cheeks