PDA

View Full Version : Why are the N64 Zeldas not out on the DS?

Michael John Wheeler
11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
They've got Mario 64 on it, what's keeping them from doing the two Zeldas? I know there is a new Zelda being made, but I want the others.

Anyone heard anything about it?

Bill?
11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
they're going to be on the wii virtual console. that may have something to do with it. plus they're working on a new Zelda game for DS. they might want that to come out first.

Mister Mets
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
This perplexes me too.

YouStayClassy
they're going to be on the wii virtual console. that may have something to do with it. plus they're working on a new Zelda game for DS. they might want that to come out first.

Yeah, I'm sure they want to focus on new games than remakes, at least at this point in time.

UltimateQuintessa
THey made special "Zelda" discs for the Gamecube which contained Zelda(Nes), Zelda II(Nes) Orcania of Time(64) and Majora's Mask(64). That could be a reason.

Len Ford
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Knowing Nintendo and their tendency to re-release their games on their portable systems, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out eventually. I've been meaning to get a DS eventually and this would just be another reason to pick one up.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:55 PM
THey made special "Zelda" discs for the Gamecube which contained Zelda(Nes), Zelda II(Nes) Orcania of Time(64) and Majora's Mask(64). That could be a reason.

a/k/a the Greatest Disc EVAR! :D

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
a/k/a the Greatest Disc EVAR! :D

That was the only disc I had for my Gamecube for six months and I didn't care.:cool:

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
That was the only disc I had for my Gamecube for six months and I didn't care.:cool:

Heck yeah. Between that and Wind Waker my Gamecube is really just a "Zelda Adapter System".

Len Ford
11-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Heck yeah. Between that and Wind Waker my Gamecube is really just a "Zelda Adapter System".

The only reason I ever got a Nintendo 64 was for Ocarina of Time. Sure it got used for Majora's Mask and some Mario Party/Smash Bros. but it was pretty much a Zelda system (although my little brothers had a bunch of games for it that I never played).

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Sell me on windwaker.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Sell me on windwaker.

You.... you haven't played it?

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
You.... you haven't played it?

Just the demo on the aforementioned disc. That wand thing looked to fruity of a gameplay aspect for me.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Just the demo on the aforementioned disc. That wand thing looked to fruity of a gameplay aspect for me.

It's a pretty minor aspect of the game, all and all this is really an old school Zelda game with a very fresh coat of visuals on it. The only thing that can be offsetting is the sailing, but again it's pretty minor. The sea battles do spruce it up later on in the game.

This game has some of the best dungeons and integrated puzzles of the entire series, not to mention it actually has a tight storyline going on throughout it that really adds to the Zelda legacy.

This game's only 20 bucks now on the Player's Choice line.... I really can't recommend it enough.

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
It's a pretty minor aspect of the game, all and all this is really an old school Zelda game with a very fresh coat of visuals on it. The only thing that can be offsetting is the sailing, but again it's pretty minor. The sea battles do spruce it up later on in the game.

This game has some of the best dungeons and integrated puzzles of the entire series, not to mention it actually has a tight storyline going on throughout it that really adds to the Zelda legacy.

This game's only 20 bucks now on the Player's Choice line.... I really can't recommend it enough.

I just bought Resident Evil 4 on the Player's Choice line...Fucking Awesome. I'll put that game on my Christmas List now. I was worried that the sailing and wand were major aspects. But I should have guessed they were just accessories to the overall game like the Orcania.

Jamie Howdeshell
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
windwaker is a great great game.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I just bought Resident Evil 4 on the Player's Choice line...Fucking Awesome. I'll put that game on my Christmas List now. I was worried that the sailing and wand were major aspects. But I should have guessed they were just accessories to the overall game like the Orcania.

RE4 is mindblowingly great. A definition of "jaw dropping" if ever I saw one.

But yeah, totally give Windwaker a chance. I doubt you'll be sorry at all. I admit I was hesitant after they shifted the art style of the game to the cell shading (I thought the game was going to get dumbed down), but I couldn't have been more wrong. This game has so many awesome moments in it... I'd have to say it's the best adventure game of this console generation.

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
RE4 is mindblowingly great. A definition of "jaw dropping" if ever I saw one.

But yeah, totally give Windwaker a chance. I doubt you'll be sorry at all. I admit I was hesitant after they shifted the art style of the game to the cell shading (I thought the game was going to get dumbed down), but I couldn't have been more wrong. This game has so many awesome moments in it... I'd have to say it's the best adventure game of this console generation.

I'd pick it up this weekend if I didn't just drop money on the Ultimate Marvel Team UP SC last week.:-x

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Fuck that I want Mario RPG.

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:25 PM

Are you talking about Super Mario RPG? For the Snes.

I've only played a emulated verison of that and it only worked for like the first twenty mins of the game.:mad: I wish I could play the whole verison.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Are you talking about Super Mario RPG? For the Snes.

I've only played a emulated verison of that and it only worked for like the first twenty mins of the game.:mad: I wish I could play the whole verison.

Fuck Yeah

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Fuck Yeah

I don't think it'll be on the virtual console until Nintendo strikes a new deal with Squaresoft.

Bill?
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM

hells yeah!

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Just the demo on the aforementioned disc. That wand thing looked to fruity of a gameplay aspect for me."Fruity?" Did you play Ocarina of Time?

Bill?
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
"Fruity?" Did you play Ocarina of Time?

are you implying that going around with a little fairy and playing a magic flute isn't manly?
:-x