PDA

View Full Version : More Virtual Console Games for the WII announced!

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 06:40 PM
More Virtual Console Games Revealed
http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744650p1.html

November 7, 2006 - The Entertainment Software Ratings Board's official website has approved, rated and consequently listed eight more titles that will be showing up on a Wii Virtual Console near you in the not-too-distant future. The games are naturally all classics and from very recognizable franchises. In the interest in saving you time, we've listed the titles and their ratings below:

Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)
Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)
Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)
Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)
Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)
Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)
Punch-Out (E for Everyone)
Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

Nintendo itself has not officially announced these games for the Wii's Virtual Console, but the ESRB is a reliable source because the Big N has to submit its games to the Board for approval in advance. In other words, the ESRB got this list from Nintendo of America.

NOA executives continue to state that approximately 30 Virtual Console games will be available between the Wii's launch in November and the end of December. Another 10 titles will be released every month beginning in January.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:42 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby! :drool:

Bill?
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Duck Hunt! hells! yeah! i used to be awesome at that game! like, 20 years ago!

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
This list is a lot better than the 1st wave. As long as the light gun games are compatible with the motion sensing, they look great. I hope it's the N64 version of Pilot Wings but I'm guessing it's the SNES version since there aren't many SNES games so far.

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Do you think it's still "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" ? They could easily replace the Tyson with a new character and avoid the licensing.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Do you think it's still "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" ? They could easily replace the Tyson with a new character and avoid the licensing.

It'll just be the NES re-release they did. Can't remember who they replaced Tyson with... some generic guy.

Len Ford
11-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Punch-Out!!!!

That's great. The only way that could be better was if Super Punch-Out came out. Never owned a SNES so it'd be nice to have that game somewhere.

Bill?
11-07-2006, 07:04 PM
It'll just be the NES re-release they did. Can't remember who they replaced Tyson with... some generic guy.

Mr. Dream.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Mr. Dream.

:cool:

That was it! Thanks!

Bedlam66
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Kid Icarus

SWWEEEEEETTTT!!!!

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Punch-Out!!!!

That's great. The only way that could be better was if Super Punch-Out came out. Never owned a SNES so it'd be nice to have that game somewhere.

You can play Super Punch-Out in Fight Night Round 2 or something like that for the Gamecube.

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I hope Pilot Wings 64 is added. That was an awesome game.

Brewtown Andy
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Wild Gunman?

Back to the Future's Wild Gunman?

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Wild Gunman?

Yep. I think back then the arcade and NES games were the same exact thing.

Bill?
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Wild Gunman?

yes. except it was never an arcade game like in that movie.
it was a total baby's game, anyways! you have to use your hands! :eek:

Petey Parker
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Duck Hunt awww yeah.

I think that's gonna be my first game.

Rosdower 3.0
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)
Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)

Fuck yeah!!! These alone would make me buy a Wii, smart move Nintendo...very smart.

Marcdachamp
11-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Kick ass. Much better than the first group.

Right now, Mario 64, Duck Hunt, Punch Out, Gunstar Heroes and Toe Jam and Earl are at the top of my list.

Adrian B AWESOME
11-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Not being able to fight Mike Tyson makes me sad.

Bill?
11-08-2006, 08:54 PM
AND MORE!

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario RPG! whooot!

moonspider
11-08-2006, 09:07 PM
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Petey Parker
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
AND MORE!

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario RPG! whooot!

Sweet. Definitely gonna get Mario RPG (even though I already have the SNES version)

Scott JB
11-08-2006, 09:50 PM
oh shit oh shit Mario RPG? This is the news I've been waiting for :D

Amos Moses
11-08-2006, 09:54 PM
OMFG Mario RPG! Woo Hoo!

Supajoe
11-09-2006, 06:18 AM
kid icarus, punch out and mario rpg? awesome!

Brewtown Andy
11-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Is Mario RPG the game that inspired Paper Mario?

Natty P
11-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I don't understand why these are such a big draw, there have been emulators on pc and macs for forever.

Modok Gas
11-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Is Mario RPG the game that inspired Paper Mario?

Officially, Super Mario RPG does not have a direct sequel, especially in terms of a sequel based on the original game's plot. However, several successive RPG-themed Mario games including Paper Mario (Nintendo 64), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Game Boy Advance), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo GameCube) and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Nintendo DS) are considered to be its "spiritual" and thematic successors. In fact, Paper Mario was originally titled Super Mario RPG 2[citation needed]. However, because of Square's involvement in the original game, direct sequels were not legally possible without Square's permission and/or involvement, so the title was changed, although the development of the game mechanic itself went for the most part unaltered.
Some of the original team members (including some from Square) that worked on Super Mario RPG worked on the Mario & Luigi series as well, including director(s) Yoshihiko Maekawa and Chihiro Fujioka, and music composer Yoko Shimomura, albeit providing very different or similar styles and mechanics in those games then the original Super Mario RPG (as explained below).

Certain conventions established in the original Super Mario RPG have been carried over to the de facto sequels and expanded upon. For example, the use of "Flower Points" instead of magic points, timed action commands during battles, the platforming elements of the game, and the basing of the collecting of the seven stars in this game. These games also took the non-RPG concept from Super Mario RPG and expanded upon it, allowing Mario to jump, hammer, ground pound, and use a variety of other techniques. Geno was featured in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, albeit in doll form. This is the only instance of a character originating from Super Mario RPG in another game. Square was credited at the end for owning the rights to Geno.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG

FredC
11-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Have they said how much these are going to cost?

moonspider
11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
mario rpg.......TEH HAWTNESS!!!

Corey A.
11-09-2006, 07:50 AM
No Excite Bike? :(