PDA

View Full Version : I started Wrestling Training Tonight!!!

arthurloewenkamp
11-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Took some bumps, worked out, took more bumps. It was awesome. I am bruised.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Whoooooooo!

Smokinblues
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
bumps look like they hurt.

The Human Target
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd be jealous if I wasn't so lazy.

Greenville 90210
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
That's awesome. Do they train managers there?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Good deal. Congrats again, man. I've been there before and I know the feeling after those first few days of learning to take a bump. I do not wish to go back and go through that again. Keep it up!

Adam Beranek
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Awesome!!!

arthurloewenkamp
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
That's awesome. Do they train managers there?

I'm sure they train managers with money. But seriously, my lessons are only 100 a month.

arthurloewenkamp
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Good deal. Congrats again, man. I've been there before and I know the feeling after those first few days of learning to take a bump. I do not wish to go back and go through that again. Keep it up!

No shit, did you stay with it and wrestle some matches.

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Did you take an "ice bath" afterwards?

arthurloewenkamp
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Not this time, I may start depending on how I feel the next few days.

Greenville 90210
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm sure they train managers with money. But seriously, my lessons are only 100 a month.

Wow. That's a pretty good deal. Manger training should be less...but I doubt it is.

changingshades
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM

that's not bad man

good luck man

arthurloewenkamp
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Awesome!!!

My trainer saw the chopfest on myspace, so he said he knew I could take some pain.

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:23 PM
My trainer saw the chopfest on myspace, so he said he knew I could take some pain.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :eek:

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
No shit, did you stay with it and wrestle some matches.

A few. I got started with hosting a wrestling talk show (after being a fan for my whole life) then that led into backyard wrestling for a year or so. From there a couple of local indie guys my brother hooked up with (he was a local ring announcer for Eddie Sharkey, who was more or less responsible for discovering Hulk Hogan, Road Warriors, Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura and tons more) decided to bring me in to the MIW gym and train me for reals.

I was a bouncer at the time and the wrestling for next to no money cut into my bouncing gig though and I fucked my ankle up pretty badly after a few matches. I had fun, but I realized the in-ring thing wasn't quite the dream come true I thought it would be. I never got into the ring with anyone famous or anything but I was supposed to get in there at one point with Daivari. Ken Kennedy (Anderson at the time), Jerry Lynn, Colt Cabana, Austin Aries, and Ace Steele all wrestled on the same few cards I did though.

wh park
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow. That's a pretty good deal. Manger training should be less...but I doubt it is.

You would still have to learn how to take bumps as a manager I think.

wh park
11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
BTW Arthur let us know when you learn to run the ropes, apparently that's where you will discover a lot of pain in your training.

Lab-Rat
11-07-2006, 10:10 PM
congrats man. That's pretty fucking cool.

Pat Loika
11-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Whoooooooooo!!

P.

Kirblar
11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Pics!

arthurloewenkamp
11-08-2006, 03:55 AM
A few. I got started with hosting a wrestling talk show (after being a fan for my whole life) then that led into backyard wrestling for a year or so. From there a couple of local indie guys my brother hooked up with (he was a local ring announcer for Eddie Sharkey, who was more or less responsible for discovering Hulk Hogan, Road Warriors, Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura and tons more) decided to bring me in to the MIW gym and train me for reals.

I was a bouncer at the time and the wrestling for next to no money cut into my bouncing gig though and I fucked my ankle up pretty badly after a few matches. I had fun, but I realized the in-ring thing wasn't quite the dream come true I thought it would be. I never got into the ring with anyone famous or anything but I was supposed to get in there at one point with Daivari. Ken Kennedy (Anderson at the time), Jerry Lynn, Colt Cabana, Austin Aries, and Ace Steele all wrestled on the same few cards I did though.
Yeah, I can't see myself doing years of local wrestling, but I've always wanted at least one real match.

arthurloewenkamp
11-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Pics!

soon

Lyfeforce
11-08-2006, 04:27 AM
Cool man! Good luck!

WAKKAJAWAKKA
11-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Word. Lemmie Know If You Need A Manager To Throw In A Chair For You.

Wayno.

Adam Beranek
11-08-2006, 05:00 AM

Dude....that is hella cool!!!!

Race
11-08-2006, 05:07 AM
What's it like - getting slammed on the mat? Is there much give to it? And padding at all?

I've always wondered what it was like . . .

Adam Beranek
11-08-2006, 05:11 AM
What's it like - getting slammed on the mat? Is there much give to it? And padding at all?

I've always wondered what it was like . . .

Its jolts ya some, but in the beginning they just teach you how to fall right...and once you learn that...only a few things hurt that bad.

The mat has some padding and the ring absorbs a lot of the force.

After a while though....the ropes dig into you if you bounce off them a lot. I had some nice rope bruises.

The worst I was ever hurt....a dude broke a crutch over my arm and then threw me threw two tables...and one didn't break...and I blew out one of my knees.

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I can't see myself doing years of local wrestling, but I've always wanted at least one real match.

Oh don't let my experience sour ya. I may have sounded a wee bit negative there but I really enjoyed it a lot. There are times I wish I would have stayed with it longer to see where I would have gone and for the most part I have fond memories of the whole time. Plus I have lots of fun stories to share for years to come. Shit, between the wrestling and bouncing I'll keep the nursing home entertained for at least a decade or so.

Chris Moreno
11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Whoooooooooooooo!

changingshades
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Its jolts ya some, but in the beginning they just teach you how to fall right...and once you learn that...only a few things hurt that bad.

After a while though....the ropes dig into you if you bounce off them a lot. I had some nice rope bruises.

The worst I was ever hurt....a dude broke a crutch over my arm and then threw me threw two tables...and one didn't break...and I blew out one of my knees.

dude, you're totally breaking Kayfabe

Brad N.
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM

One of my favorite rope tales was Mick Foley's story in his book about it. How he kept hitting the ropes wrong and ended up pissing blood for days. People don't realize that hitting the ropes isn't quite as fun as it looks on TV.

Taki Soma
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Let me know if you need an assistant to disrobe you (just the actual robe, don't worry) all magician like on the rink, i'll make it super cool looking with smoke and birds.

arthurloewenkamp
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Let me know if you need an assistant to disrobe you (just the actual robe, don't worry) all magician like on the rink, i'll make it super cool looking with smoke and birds.

Can we practice in Dallas? :lol:

Greenville 90210
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM
You would still have to learn how to take bumps as a manager I think.

Yeah, probably...

Greenville 90210
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh don't let my experience sour ya. I may have sounded a wee bit negative there but I really enjoyed it a lot. There are times I wish I would have stayed with it longer to see where I would have gone and for the most part I have fond memories of the whole time. Plus I have lots of fun stories to share for years to come. Shit, between the wrestling and bouncing I'll keep the nursing home entertained for at least a decade or so.

I would like to hear some of these stories...

moonspider
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
taking bumps hurts like fuck......take it from me, ive been to pro wrestling schools before.....

just remember to take care of the other guy as he will do you likewise

arthurloewenkamp
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
This week it definately stepped up, running ropes, hip tosses, clothes lines, and the last two nights I've ended with having to shoot wrestle my trainer, and tonight, after that, two of the mexican guys. I've never had so much fun.

Thudpucker
11-16-2006, 05:44 PM
congrats!

Greenville 90210
11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
This week it definately stepped up, running ropes, hip tosses, clothes lines, and the last two nights I've ended with having to shoot wrestle my trainer, and tonight, after that, two of the mexican guys. I've never had so much fun.

That's so awesome.

Brad N.
11-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Yay!!! Good thing you're sticking with it and having fun. Keep it up. :cool:

UltimateQuintessa
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
It is ice bath time yet?

arthurloewenkamp
11-16-2006, 07:25 PM
It is ice bath time yet?

Yeah, it kinda is, I don't know where to take one though.

UltimateQuintessa
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM

Can't you just buy a bunch of ice from a gas station or grocery store and fill up your bathtub?

Greenville 90210
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM

Bathtub?

::ducks a chair::