PDA

View Full Version : Veronica Mars 11/07/06

Mister Mets
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this episode already.

I thought it was pretty strong, especially Keith's storyline.

And I think I know what the next big mystery is: The dean's wife dies.

Thudpucker
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
It was good. Nothing special though, this episode pretty much just moves the story forward.

The Human Target
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I liked it. We got some story advancement and some new mysteries.

I have been wondering about the physical evidence of the rapes.

The total lack of it is making me think they're pulling a Nip/Tuck, and that the rapist is really using a strap on.

Thudpucker
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM

The total lack of it is making me think they're pulling a Nip/Tuck, and that the rapist is really using a strap on.

Interesting, hadn't considered that. It would be a nice twist.

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 06:12 PM

I have a crazy theory about the rapist along those lines, but I don't know quite how I'd piece it together.

My crazy ass theory:

The editor of the Hearst Free Press is the rapist? She's got a real anger toward the Greek societies on campus, and she's been really prominent. It makes a good story, it fuels divisions on campus.

Crazy theory, I know. But something about her doesn't sit right with me.

Mister Mets
11-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I have a crazy theory about the rapist along those lines, but I don't know quite how I'd piece it together.

My crazy ass theory:

The editor of the Hearst Free Press is the rapist? She's got a real anger toward the Greek societies on campus, and she's been really prominent. It makes a good story, it fuels divisions on campus.

If that happens, it'd be kinda cool if the rapist got the idea from Nip/ Tuck.

J. Wilson
I liked the fact they showed actual consequences for the false rape victim and the school paper editor.

One annoying thing is how each week they give an explanation as to why certain characters aren't around. It's starting to really stand out in a NON good way.

Amazing how Veronica turned Lamb around from treating her like an ass to taking her seriously.

Len Ford

My crazy ass theory:

I had the same crazy theory after tonight's episode too. Especially after seeing Veronica being drugged and the rapist going after her (in the previews for next week). She even threatened Veronica in the Dean's office in today's episode.

Dark Sasha
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Good episode this week. Very solid in it's storytelling and everything moves at a very good pace.

Mister Mets
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I had the same crazy theory after tonight's episode too. Especially after seeing Veronica being drugged and the rapist going after her (in the previews for next week). She even threatened Veronica in the Dean's office in today's episode.
One possibility.

She attacks Veronica in the next episode to get her to take the rapes more seriously, claiming to be a rapist. And becomes a suspect. I'd be a bit disappointed if the actual rapist turns out to use a strap-on, because that's been done before, not only on Nip/ Tuck, but on NYPD Blue.

Artie Pink
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I heard a character actually said "can we lay off the rape jokes" tonight!

I mean, fuckin' A!

Jonny Z
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
man, next week looks sick.

i'm wondering what the cologne's gonna have to do with it and where logan and mercer were at the time of the rape

xanderharris
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
i really liked tonights episode

some stuff moving forward

next week looks really good

and im intrigued by where Logan was when the rape happened

The Human Target
11-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I think the cologne is gonna be key. As in Veronica is in someone elses room and notices the same kind as Mercer had.

J. Wilson
11-08-2006, 04:16 AM
By the way, for those wondering about why Weevil looked so bloated, apparently Francis Capra had some medical problem that required medication. The meds caused the bloating and skin problems. Exec. Producer Rob Thomas said the problem has been corrected and he'll be looking better physically when they bring him back.

Mister Mets
11-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Something I just remembered. Logan made a special note that the Jew, and the boy meets World guy (from the psychology experiment) were good friends, and got busted cheating. Given the limited size of the mystery, anything the characters mention twice is probably going to be somehow important later on.

Perhaps with the rapist mystery.