PDA

View Full Version : Caution to those on birth control

Bill!
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
My girlfriend used depo and then that plastic insert hormone thingy. She went off about 6 months ago and hasn't had a period since, even after using prescribed period inducing medication. She just went to the doctor again today and had lots of blood drawn for a battery of tests. I think the doctors said they were concerned as something is definitely not right.

I'm literally terrified to my very core right now at the prospect of what could be going on. Just need to vent a bit.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 04:49 PM
If it makes you feel better, I may have defeated jesus with a yard sign.

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM
My girlfriend used depo and then that plastic insert hormone thingy. She went off about 6 months ago and hasn't had a period since, even after using prescribed period inducing medication. She just went to the doctor again today and had lots of blood drawn for a battery of tests. I think the doctors said they were concerned as something is definitely not right.

I'm literally terrified to my very core right now at the prospect of what could be going on. Just need to vent a bit.

That's strange, for sure. I hope things are okay...

Beep Beep!
11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
did her doctor give her a pregnancy test . . . don't assume anything. Keep us posted and stay positive.

Bill!
11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
did her doctor give her a pregnancy test . . . don't assume anything. Keep us posted and stay positive.

Yeah, she's taken several pregnancy tests over the past few months. Nothing happening in that department.

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Good luck to her. I hope everything's okay. I had problems with Depo as well, but they were different from what she's going through. Apparently it is a depressant, and nothing in the information tells you that. Sent me over the edge a couple years ago.

gliderpilotgirl
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
That is totally not cool..I hope all goes well too.

BigButtPanda
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I hope everything turns out okay for your lady. Birth control for females can seriously fuck up a girl's system.

bairdduvessa
11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
i hope all is well

MIKE D
11-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Hoping for the best, Bill. Keep us posted.