PDA

View Full Version : Watching election stuff on MSNBC...

Pages : [1] 2

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I love Chris Matthews sometimes. When he’s wrong he’s ridiculously off his rocker wrong. When he’s right he’s fantastic. I just watched Andrea Mitchell and Joe Scarborogh on MSNBC repeat the 14 year old lie that Bob Casey’s father was not allowed to speak at the 1992 Democratic National Convention because he was pro-life. Then when Matthews asked Howard Dean about that he didn’t really know the truth about it. So Matthews set it right immediately. Matthews said “Actually I know the facts on this. He wasn’t allowed to speak because he refused to endorse the Clinton/Gore ticket.” BAM!

Shane W
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
It's Missouri, dipfuckers, not "Missourah"

god fucker I hate Mathews.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
It's Missouri, dipfuckers, not "Missourah"

god fucker I hate Mathews.

I thought he sounded really fucking dumb saying it that way too. Otherwise this is fairly decent...funny though how now Joe is taking Matthews to task for calling him unfair.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I thought he sounded really fucking dumb saying it that way too. Otherwise this is fairly decent...funny though how now Joe is taking Matthews to task for calling him unfair.

Check my transcripst bitch!

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Check my transcripst bitch!

:lol:

Oop, here we go with new results!

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM

Oop, here we go with new results!

No shocks so far.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Huh?!? No way!!! Clinton won?

Woo-Hoo!!! Klobuchar is projected winner!

Not a single surprise in the new round of projections so far.

DAVE
11-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh my god, can we please make fun of Joe Scarborough's 15 minute derailing of the election show to talk about how fair he is?

What a douche.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:03 PM
How funny that these races that have been failry back and forth all along turn out to be the ones "too early to call" tonight.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:03 PM
It's not Missourah!!

Son of a cock.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh my god, can we please make fun of Joe Scarborough's 15 minute derailing of the election show to talk about how fair he is?

What a douche.

I agree. But Matthews was right. Joe called Hillary Clinton a far left Democrat of all things and he called him on it. Then he whined like a bitch. God, I love Keith Olbermann.

You guys see yet how Rick Santorum is already filing objections? Hmmm, I seem to recall some people saying Republicans aren't sore losers.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
It's not Missourah!!

Son of a cock.

Thats what people from southern Iowa call it. :?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
It's not Missourah!!

Son of a cock.

Shane is going to have a coronary before the night is through! :lol:

Taxman
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I hear Bill Bennet is predicting a Presidential run for Santorum now. :scared:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM

That should go over great. :rofl:

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM

Good luck with that one!!! :lol:

I just saw Ken Blackwell conceded!

DAVE
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree. But Matthews was right. Joe called Hillary Clinton a far left Democrat of all things and he called him on it. Then he whined like a bitch. God, I love Keith Olbermann.

You guys see yet how Rick Santorum is already filing objections? Hmmm, I seem to recall some people saying Republicans aren't sore losers.

Totally.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
fuck me running. Joe Lieberman is the projected winner.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:12 PM

sometimes i really hate people.

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:13 PM

Awesome! :D

The more moderates in the Senate, the better.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 05:13 PM

Saw that too. What the hell?

Jew Mafia
11-07-2006, 05:14 PM
It's not Missourah!!

Son of a cock.

I thought it was Mizzourah!

side note: amendment 2 seems to be doing well. yay.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Good luck with that one!!! :lol: I think there are a lot of Republicans that would vote for him before they would McCain or Gulliani.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I thought it was Mizzourah!

side note: amendment 2 seems to be doing well. yay.

How many ads about Stowers were you guys getting out there?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Oooooh, Cardin projected the winner over Michael Steele too.

Jew Mafia
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
How many ads about Stowers were you guys getting out there?

Hardly any actually. At least that I saw.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Hardly any actually. At least that I saw.

Surprising, I figured they would have pushed the "high paying jobs" angle.

Jew Mafia
11-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Oooooh, Cardin projected the winner over Michael Steele too.

Fox just said they have Cardin projected as the winner, but the percentage and vote totals were all clearly in favor of Steele. hmmmm

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Yarmuth

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Fox just said they have Cardin projected as the winner, but the percentage and vote totals were all clearly in favor of Steele. hmmmm

Yeah, same on NBC. They use exit polling and vote tallies and all kinds of mojo to do these projections. They've been wrong before, but it's usually pretty close.

Jew Mafia
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Surprising, I figured they would have pushed the "high paying jobs" angle.

I did see the Sheryl Crow ad a lot though :)

Joe Henderson
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
The clip of Scarborough defending himself...pretty entertaining...

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/MSNBCScarboroughDeanDownTheMiddle.mov

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, so far it's really looking like what the experts had been predicting. A massive amount of voter turnout to get these Republican bums the hell out. I would be shocked an amazed if any Dems lose a seat tonight. I think they'll pick up an additional 30 seats in the House and at least 4 or 5 in the Senate. Maybe 6 or 7. Wow.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I just got a get-out-the-vote call from George Lopez. :rofl:

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I just got a get-out-the-vote call from George Lopez. :rofl:

Cool. I got one from Bill Clinton yesterday.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm on CNN... Mathews just bugs the hell out of me, and I can actually somewhat stand Wolf Blitzer.

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Saw that too. What the hell?

Joe-Mentum. :D

Shane W
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM

I got that one today

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, so far it's really looking like what the experts had been predicting. A massive amount of voter turnout to get these Republican bums the hell out. I would be shocked an amazed if any Dems lose a seat tonight. I think they'll pick up an additional 30 seats in the House and at least 4 or 5 in the Senate. Maybe 6 or 7. Wow.

They're probably getting closer and closer to declaring Allen and Corker the winners.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM

That was expected, and the campaign against him was something of a waste of money. Not my money, though, and I'm certainly not a fan.

Daniel K.

That was so corny, it was almost funny. Almost. :D

xyzzy
I'm following the races on CNN. Is there a better online site for it?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
They're probably getting closer and closer to declaring Allen and Corker the winners.

Corker maybe...Allen will go down to the wire it seems...

Bye Chafee!

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm following the races on CNN. Is there a better online site for it?

Not that I've seen. MSNBC has been pretty decent overall.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM

I just put on Fox, Brit Hume looks like he's about to cry... even if the Dems suddenly lose everything else, I'd be slightly delighted for this.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
I just put on Fox, Brit Hume looks like he's about to cry... even if the Dems suddenly lose everything else, I'd be slightly delighted for this.

I wish I had cable.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Looking good for Dems....

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Looking good for Dems....

Very.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Not looking good for Webb, now... but overall, things are going well. Come on, Tammy Duckworth... cnn.com is not giving me good news so far...

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Wow. I'm 2 for 2 so far on my votes. Klobuchar holds onto Dayton's Senate seat and I helped elect the first ever Muslim to congress in Keith Ellison. Pretty cool. Now, if Wetterling can hold on to beat Bachman and if Hatch can hold on to beat Pawlenty I'll be 4 for 4.

Taxman
In 2000 I got one from Barbara Striesand. That was almost enough to get me to vote Republican.

xyzzy
I know the night is young, it is quite pleasant looking at that big column of Ds on CNN's Key Races page.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Michigan had a "get rid of affirmative action" vote on the ballot, and it looks like it will pass. Similar to the one that California passed. Ward Connerly brought it in here. Can't believe its passing....

Kensington
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
fuck me running. Joe Lieberman is the projected winner.:lol: Of course he won; did you seriously expect otherwise?

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Michigan had a "get rid of affirmative action" vote on the ballot, and it looks like it will pass. Similar to the one that California passed. Ward Connerly brought it in here. Can't believe its passing....

2 down, 48 to go. No reverse discrimination.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
:lol: Of course he won; did you seriously expect otherwise?

Not really, but I figured it would be a race. Oh well, if he stays true to his word and caucuses with Dems then we'll still be sitting pretty in the Senate.

The Roman Candle
House is 101 to 79 in favor of dems. Mmmm.

Brad N.
2 down, 48 to go. No reverse discrimination.

Reverse Discrimination? Obviously the trouncing is getting to your brain tonight, Ray.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM

Wow, I just clicked over, and you're right. It's a little bit hilarious. :D

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow, I just clicked over, and you're right. It's a little bit hilarious. :D

Brit Hume being the fucktard GOP tool that he is would be wonderful to see tonight. I'll watch later when it's a little more certain! :lol:

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Brit Hume being the fucktard GOP tool that he is would be wonderful to see tonight. I'll watch later when it's a little more certain! :lol:

I have to say that it's almost enough to make up for the fact that just about everyone I voted for will probably lose.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like Dems could actually lose to Mark Foley... there's a statement.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM

Hume just basically called the House for the Dems. Poor guy.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
WHOA, hot correspondent interviewing on CNN right now!

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM

Reverse Discrimination? Obviously the trouncing is getting to your brain tonight, Ray.

What trouncing? I see leads for Allen, Talent, and Corker. We're holding the Senate. As for the House....well, the House GOP well and truly fucked themselves with scandals recently. But with the nutbars who'll be in charge of Committees in Pelosi or Murtha's Congress, a Democratic House may be the best advertisement for President McCain I could imagine.

Plus, Lieberman won and Kos lost. :boogie:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM

:surrend:

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna guess the Senate stays Repub, but barely.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 05:57 PM
1% of precints reporting, Tammy Duckworth ahead by 2 percent! Pre-emptive BOOYAH!

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 05:58 PM
What trouncing? I see leads for Allen, Talent, and Corker. We're holding the Senate. As for the House....well, the House GOP well and truly fucked themselves with scandals recently. But with the nutbars who'll be in charge of Committees in Pelosi or Murtha's Congress, a Democratic House may be the best advertisement for President McCain I could imagine.

I like Pelosi. I think she's a great Democrat. I'm not really sure why people think she's so horrible.

I do kind of find it amusing that not losing the Senate will somehow mean that the Republicans did well this election. That's spin for ya.

Thomas Mauer
11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
So where does this Missourah mispronunciation come from?

Brad N.

Why isn't there an emoticon of someone spinning out of control? :-?

Brad N.

:-?

Huh?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Sweet. 3 for 3 and the transportation amendment I voted for appears to be passing.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Santorum's fat daughter and nerdy son look like they're gonna cry... I hope they do. Man, I hate kids that aren't crying.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:02 PM
:-?

Huh?

The race is close and heavily republican districts have yet to report. I'm hoping against it, though.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
The race is close and heavily republican districts have yet to report. I'm hoping against it, though.

That would be fucking nuts.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Santorum's fat daughter and nerdy son look like they're gonna cry... I hope they do. Man, I hate kids that aren't crying.

I HOPE little Ricky gets the presidential nod. I could beat Santorum.

gliderpilotgirl
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
hmm..guys I have a question, being Canadian, I have a distinct lack of knowledge of how your goverment works..so if the Congress has a majority of Democrats, and you have a Republican President..does that mean he can't get anything done? How does the senate figure into it?

NATE!
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm going to guess that no matter what the outcome, snotty college and post-college brats who think that just because they smoked a joint, read some Chomsky, and got mercy fucked by someone with piercings makes them "progressive" are going to masturbate themselves to death over the thought of a possible return to the halcyon days of looking down their noses at people they consider lesser beings (aka people not able to attend liberal arts universities) circa 1994 or so.

But then again, I'm cynical and a bit of a prick. :D However, I can rest easy knowing that I voted all over both sides of the aisle because I actually knew my candidates and voted based on how they'd help the community I live in. I hear someone say they voted straight Dem or Rep., and I want to knock their teeth down their throat.

Thank you.

And now....number one.

THE LARCH.

http://oregonstate.edu/trees/con/spp/big/wlr25.jpg

The. Larch.

xyzzy
hmm..guys I have a question, being Canadian, I have a distinct lack of knowledge of how your goverment works..so if the Congress has a majority of Democrats, and you have a Republican President..does that mean he can't get anything done? How does the senate figure into it?

There is a certain amount of deadlock, yes. In better times, that meant compromise. Given the degree of partisanship today, I'm guessing there won't be much of that.

Kensington
hmm..guys I have a question, being Canadian, I have a distinct lack of knowledge of how your goverment works..so if the Congress has a majority of Democrats, and you have a Republican President..does that mean he can't get anything done? How does the senate figure into it?Well, it could lead to gridlock, glorious gridlock, which, under the circumstances, would be just fine with me. Beyond that, the President could finally start using his veto pen, which would also be just fine with me.

The Roman Candle
That would be fucking nuts.

That's what the congressional page said.

gliderpilotgirl
11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
hmmm..sounds like our government with business as usual..though our PM has no veto pen, and we get stuck with elections every 6 months to a year!!

The Roman Candle
James Carville scares me.

Brad N.
I'm going to guess that no matter what the outcome, snotty college and post-college brats who think that just because they smoked a joint, read some Chomsky, and got mercy fucked by someone with piercings makes them "progressive" are going to masturbate themselves to death over the thought of a possible return to the halcyon days of looking down their noses at people they consider lesser beings (aka people not able to attend liberal arts universities) circa 1994 or so.

But then again, I'm cynical and a bit of a prick. :D However, I can rest easy knowing that I voted all over both sides of the aisle because I actually knew my candidates and voted based on how they'd help the community I live in. I hear someone say they voted straight Dem or Rep., and I want to knock their teeth down their throat.

Thank you.

And now....number one.

THE LARCH.

The. Larch.

Given that the straight Dem ticket was the best choice for me I voted as such. I'd LOVE to see you try to knock my teeth down my throat, Nate. As for the rest of your deluded rambling...well, it's not worth typing a response.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM
John McCain is a douche.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Looking dim for the He-Man Woman Hater against Macaca Goldstein...

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BronxRonin
11-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I guess Virginians like macacas...:(

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Given that the straight Dem ticket was the best choice for me I voted as such. I'd LOVE to see you try to knock my teeth down my throat, Nate. As for the rest of your deluded rambling...well, it's not worth typing a response.

Please don't kill Nate. He knows not what he does...

I didn't vote straight Dem, I voted for two dems, an independent, and left a lot of spots blank (lots of uncontested republicans in my district, none of whom I particularly care for).

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE?! :o

BronxRonin
11-07-2006, 06:15 PM
John McCain is a douche.
A twat is more like it...

:D

Bill?
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM

The congress (our legislative branch) is made up of two parts, the house of representatives (which is much like Canada’s house of commons) and the senate (which is much like Canada’s... senate).
It will be interesting to see what occurs if the democrats manage to get a majority in either house of the congress. Especially since it will be a very slim one and since the president doesn’t have to worry about reelection. It’s difficult to say what will happen. The likelihood is that both the congress and the president will be extremely hampered in trying to get anywhere with their respective agendas. one thing is certain, however. the next couple of years in American politics are going to be very tough.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
WHERE?! :o

He was on NBC. I so want to vote for him.

RickLM
The South is sooo conservative. Tenn. and Va. are going to stay red, it seems.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Please don't kill Nate. He knows not what he does...

I didn't vote straight Dem, I voted for two dems, an independent, and left a lot of spots blank (lots of uncontested republicans in my district, none of whom I particularly care for).

Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for an independant or Republican any day if they were a decent candidate or I agreed with them on the issues. Today it turned out I didn't.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
The South is sooo conservative. Tenn. and Va. are going to stay red, it seems.

Yup. No black member of congress from the South since reconstruction yet again. Guess that disgustin get out the racist ad the NRCC ran worked after all.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
There's an unfortunate cutaway... CNN comes into Kerry's speech right as he's calling Ted Kennedy the greatest Senator of all time. :lol:

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Looks like a one-two-three punch of Talent/Corker/Allen is going to finish the Senate off for the Democrats.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Looks like a one-two-three punch of Talent/Corker/Allen is going to finish the Senate off for the Democrats.

Looks like. I expect the Dems will pick up one more seat and that'll be it. pretty much what was projected.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM

Don't count Talent yet. St. Louis and Kansas city has yet to report.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Me too. It was kinda cool.

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM

It's a sad state of affairs for Republicans when they count that as a victory.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
It looks weird to see Bill Cliton standing behind Hilary as she is giving her victory speech.

WinterRose
11-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Awesome! :D

The more Tipper Gore/Pat Robertson supported Fundamentalist Censors in the Senate, the worse it gets.

Re: Lieberman. Fixed that for you.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
It's a sad state of affairs for Republicans when they count that as a victory.
No kidding. That's nothing to be proud about.

My prediction from Sunday...

11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I predict the House will be Democratic, but the Republicans hold the Senate by the tiniest of margins.
Looks like that is what is going happen.

NickT
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
It looks weird to see Bill Cliton standing behind Hilary as she is giving her victory speech.
Don't they normally have more people behind them? Seemed quite bare.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Heath Shuler!?

:rofl:

RickLM
11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Don't they normally have more people behind them? Seemed quite bare.

Usually your family is up there. I guess Chelsea was busy.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Clay Shaw lost in Florida. That's a huge Repub loss. He's a big deal.

MattN
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Heath Shuler!?

:rofl:

I totally have a football signed by Heath Schuler. Maybe now it will actually be worth $8.50 or so.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
James Carville scares me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/AlexClarke/Starfighter/Carville_Gollum.jpg

RickLM
11-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I just noticed the absence of political ads on TV. Very nice.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 06:59 PM

Thank you.

And now....number one.

THE LARCH.

The. Larch.
Awright! an obscure Monty Python reference! :rock:

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Democrats now have 10 of the 15 seats they needed to gain control of the House.

Craig

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:04 PM
And it's now down to 2 seats in the House and 3 in the Senate.

Craig

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Now done to 1 seat in the House and 3 in the Senate. This is turning quite interesting.

Craig

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Now done to 1 seat in the House and 3 in the Senate. This is turning quite interesting.

Craig
The Dems are going to take the House. No doubt.

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM

Negron conceded.

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
The Dems are going to take the House. No doubt.
CNN just projected it.

And yeah, it was bound to happen. I'm interested in seeing if they can win three more pick-ups for the Senate. If they win the Senate, Bush is going to be very nervous.

Craig

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
CNN just projected it.

And yeah, it was bound to happen. I'm interested in seeing if they can win three more pick-ups for the Senate. If they win the Senate, Bush is going to be very nervous.

Craig
Doubt it. If the Dems can't beat dickheads like Corker and Allen, and beat them by a sizable margin, then they ain't taking the Senate.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
It looks like the people of South Dakota may have a little more brains than previously thought. It looks like the ban on Abortion will be overturned.

WinterRose
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Man... I'm looking at this little meter that's updating itself on the house and senate balance on MSNBC's site... they look like speedometers that show the dem rep balance for the house and senate. Senate's holding even... but in the last ten minutes (and these projections are coming off the AP wire) the dems jumped up in the house from +19 to +29 seats in the house...

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
It looks like the people of South Dakota may have a little more brains than previously thought. It looks like the ban on Abortion will be overturned.
There may be hope for them afterall.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I'm not eating one of my own tonight -- I'm going to need him to help man the barricades. :grin:

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 07:28 PM
NOOOOOOOO! Lincoln Chafee lost! Fucking douchebags in Rhode Island! DAMN YOU PETER GRIFFIN!

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
NOOOOOOOO! Lincoln Chafee lost! Fucking douchebags in Rhode Island! DAMN YOU PETER GRIFFIN!Good riddance, Lincoln Chafee! Maybe next time we'll get a real Republican in there! :rock:

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I'm not eating one of my own tonight -- I'm going to need him to help man the barricades. :grin:

I'd love to know what you really wrote there. :)

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm gratified that it looks like the Democrats will have won back the House of Representatives.

I wish they'd take the Senate, too, but that looks doubtful at this point. Fingers crossed, but I dunno...

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Good riddance, Lincoln Chafee! Maybe next time we'll get a real Republican in there! :rock:

You mean the doucehbag model?

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I'd love to know what you really wrote there. :)

He said that he was going to eat one of his own for saying that voting straight ticket was stupid.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Democrats need +3 for the Senate.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd love to know what you really wrote there. :)It wasn't much different from what you wrote to Viewmaster about teeth threats and voting straight ticket.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
You mean the doucehbag model?No, Chafee lost.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
No, Chafee lost.

He should use some gold bond.

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Democrats need +3 for the Senate.

Since when is the Senate immune to +2 weapons? It's not a Lich. :crazy:

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:37 PM
It wasn't much different from what you wrote to Viewmaster about teeth threats and voting straight ticket.

gotchya.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Since when is the Senate immune to +2 weapons? It's not a Lich. :crazy:

That is some rpg lingo isn't it?

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:38 PM
poopie! I just realized with all this election stuff I never had dinner. Looks like Salami sandwich and Doritos for me.

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
That is some rpg lingo isn't it?

Uh, no, it's incredibly insightful political commentary.

Rube. :twisted:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Uh, no, it's incredibly insightful political commentary.

Rube. :twisted:

I was just going to go get some dice.

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I was just going to go get some dice.
... I knew I loved you.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm still trying to fathom how Allen beat Webb. :nonono2:

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
poopie! I just realized with all this election stuff I never had dinner. Looks like Salami sandwich and Doritos for me.That's disgusting.:-x

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm still trying to fathom how Allen beat Webb. :nonono2:The voters grabbed Allen in their arms, turned him upside down, and put his penis in their mouths.

xyzzy
I'm still trying to fathom how Allen beat Webb. :nonono2:

That race is so close, I wouldn't call it just yet.

Brad N.
That's disgusting.:-x

Yessir. Pretty much all I have left in the house. Busy week so far and I keep forgetting to go grocery shopping.

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
That race is so close, I wouldn't call it just yet.

There would need to be a huge Webb swing in the last two percent of the vote.

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
The voters grabbed Allen in their arms, turned him upside down, and put his penis in their mouths.

That's disgusting.

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM

Not that huge. Right now the difference is less than 6000 votes out of over 2,000,000. From what I see, the districts with unreported votes favor Webb.

I'm not saying that it's going to turn around, but it's not a done deal, either.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
That's disgusting.It's literature, man. Who are you to judge? :no:

Hollingsworth
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
That percentage, though, is precincts reporting, NOT the percentage of votes counted. Some precincts are bigger than others. Not saying he'll catch up, mind you.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
For the first time in 42 years Iowa's state senate, house and governorship will be controlled by Democrats.

Mylazycat
It's literature, man. Who are you to judge? :no:

I'm waiting for the film version. :)

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Webb is in the lead!

Craig

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM

The count now has Webb up.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Webb is in the lead!

Craig

Woot!!

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Webb is in the lead!

Craig

That is promising.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Go Webb go!!!

Also, it's still possible for a win in MO and we're looking good in Montana too. Oh Lordy.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Va., Tenn., Mo., Mt. too close to callfrom msnbc.com

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Texas didn't elect Kinky Friedman.

Fuck Texas.

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Go Webb go!!!

Also, it's still possible for a win in MO and we're looking good in Montana too. Oh Lordy.

Talent's lead has been very consistent.

Look for a 50-50 split.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Go Webb! Goooooo!

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM

Look for a 50-50 split.

I've got some straws here, if you'd like to clutch at them.

j/k. I think you're probably right. Still, hope remains. And quite frankly, here on out, everything else is gravy.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Texas didn't elect Kinky Friedman.

Fuck Texas.

We tried. At least I tried.

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
We tried. At least I tried.

Ah, about 10-15% of you are still cool.

Who am I kidding? Texas still kicks ass, but this is a big upset.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
AP: S.D. voters reject law banning almost all abortionsfrom msnbc.com

South Dakota has a glimmer of hope.

Patton
11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I can't believe Marion Berry beat Stubby Stumbaugh.

And Vic Snyder beat Andy Mayberry? This is wrong.

WinterRose
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Ugh... THey're calling the last senate ones too close to call, and may not be able to give a figure til morning on ABC. Same as MSNBC. I hope to wake up to a congress that will rid us of bush... I really really do... Please oh please. Pray if you pray to gods. Cast if you cast spells. Visualize em taking the majority if that's what you do. But I'm going to bed hopeful. I hope I don't get a wednesday surprise like I did in 2004...

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Ugh... THey're calling the last senate ones too close to call, and may not be able to give a figure til morning on ABC. Same as MSNBC. I hope to wake up to a congress that will rid us of bush... I really really do... Please oh please. Pray if you pray to gods. Cast if you cast spells. Visualize em taking the majority if that's what you do. But I'm going to bed hopeful. I hope I don't get a wednesday surprise like I did in 2004...
Except that the Democrats have said they're not going in with the goal of impeaching Bush.

Craig

costello
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM

Maybe he'll play "Sold American" at a "shit we tried" address.

WinterRose
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
They can't say that til after the election. It would mobilize too much opposition.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Jim Nussle on losing to Chet Culver :
the verdict is in across the country and that it looks like people want change

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 08:15 PM

What gets me, is the fact that if all of us who voted Kinky, voted Bell, we'd be rid of Perry once and for all. Instead, we get four more years of that douchebag.

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
CNN is telling me there's at least a small chance of a 51-49 Senate in favor of the dems. If that happens, I'll pee. Otherwise, I'd be somewhat happy with a 50-50 (although on party split issues, that gives it to repubs with Cheney added in).

NickT
11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
CNN is telling me...
How do you get the personal news station? ;)

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
What gets me, is the fact that if all of us who voted Kinky, voted Bell, we'd be rid of Perry once and for all. Instead, we get four more years of that douchebag.

As much as I supported Kinky, I have to say that a Democratic governor in Texas would have been one hell of a symbolic move...

The Roman Candle
11-07-2006, 08:20 PM
How do you get the personal news station? ;)

Me and Wolf Blitzer used to get high together. Good times.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Except that the Democrats have said they're not going in with the goal of impeaching Bush.I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of them were lying.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
As much as I supported Kinky, I have to say that a Democratic governor in Texas would have been one hell of a symbolic move...

It would've been pretty amazing either way. :(

xyzzy
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of them were lying.

There's not going to be any impeachment PR nightmare. Accept it.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Me and Wolf Blitzer used to get high together. Good times.

I heard Wolf was more of a puff, puff, puff, pass guy. He needs to be more of a puff, puff, pass guy.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM

Look for a 50-50 split.

Dude.

Kansas City and St. Louis are not fully in. Only about 20% of each. Both of them will run about 54-56% McCaskill. That's why they will not call Missouri yet.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 08:26 PM
There's not going to be any impeachment PR nightmare. Accept it.I wasn't looking forward to it, but I think you might be underestimating the call of the crazy, especially if the Senate turns over.

Besides, the way a lot of these guys have been taking for the past X number of years, why shouldn't they impeach him? The rhetorical excesses would certainly support it.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Dude.

Kansas City and St. Louis are not fully in. Only about 20% of each. Both of them will run about 54-56% McCaskill. That's why they will not call Missouri yet.

Ray can't hear you.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Those of us without cable TV now have no election coverage. It's all talk shows. For one night, can't they pre-empt Conan and Kimmel?

Taxman
11-07-2006, 08:35 PM
So now they are saying that the Senate will be decided in the courts.

Kensington
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
So now they are saying that the Senate will be decided in the courts.They should settle it with some Wii Sports Tennis!

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, Virginia is going to have a recount since the canidates are allowed to have one if the number is roughly 23K or less votes seperate the two. Of course, if they lose Montana or Missouri, then it's not going to matter for the Democrats.

Craig

RickLM
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM

Oh good, that wasn't agonizing at all in 2000.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
They should settle it with some Wii Sports Tennis!The Wii may be out before they figure out Virginia and Missouri.

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
McCaskill is in the lead.

Craig

Shane W
11-07-2006, 08:43 PM

Craig

Based on what now?

NickT
11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
They should settle it with some Wii Sports Tennis!
Stripped to the waist volleyball!

Zeppe
I just have to add...I <3 Keith Olbermann

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
The Wii may be out before the figure out Virginia and Missouri.

I wonder what I will have gotten for Christmas.

Daniel K.
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM

Craig

:D

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Based on what now?
CNN. 1000 vote lead.

Craig

Shane W
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
CNN. 1000 vote lead.

Craig

Wow, cnn.com hasn't updated.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Based on what now?The current AP numbers which supposedly come from the Secretay of State show here with a slight lead.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
My prediction is it will indeed come down to the recount of Webb/Allen to determine the Senate.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Maybe they could let those BCS computers decide it.

CraigM
Wow, cnn.com hasn't updated.
Yeah, I just noticed CNN.Com had a difference. I also noticed it on CNN as they were showing both races. I don't know if it accidentally reverted or if more votes were added. However, that would mean that 50K votes just came in favor of Talent and I don't think that happened.

Craig

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
Maybe they could let those BCS computers decide it.

Can we just get a bunch of people to throw ping pong balls into buckets from ten feet?

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Talent is now back in the lead by 48K votes.

Craig

Corwin: Bear Fighter
11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Right now it looks like my charming fellow Arizonans have voted in favor of:
-Banning smoking in restaurants and bars
-Making English our official language
-Denying bail to illegal immigrants
-Denying parole to meth users

Fucking christ. At least the gay marriage ban might be rejected.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Webb has a lead of 2,300 votes or so. He should be safe even after a recount.

Wow, the Senate is looking like a possibility. Don Rumsfeld needs to start looking at retirement property.

Mylazycat
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Denying parole to meth users

What the fuck?!?!

CraigM
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Right now it looks like my charming fellow Arizonans have voted in favor of:
-Banning smoking in restaurants and bars
-Making English our official language
-Denying bail to illegal immigrants
-Denying parole to meth users

Fucking christ. At least the gay marriage ban might be rejected.
Is there a reason why making English the official language is a bad thing?

Craig

NickT
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM

Craig
I think it's more of a who cares thing.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM

Craig

Is there a reason why this had to be done?

Evan Wiener
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, folks, I did my part in ending Santorum's sanctimonious bullshit. I recall a couple years ago Rush Limbaugh was chastising Arlen Specter for being too moderate, and that was why he had a tough fight in his primaries. Now PA threw Santorum out of office because he was too conservative for the "mainstream." It makes me happy to know bigotry is not a family value in PA's Senate representation.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Anything new?

Shane W
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
McCaskill up by 14,000 with 80% reporting.

CraigM
11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Is there a reason why this had to be done?
I contend that if you live in America, where the primary language is English then you should know how to speak English or get to learning. I don't know if it needs to be the official language, but I still feel like if you live here then you should speak English.

Craig

Craig

Is there a good reason to change the state's constitution to make English the official language?
Seriously... we're talking about changing the constitution because certain people don't like Spanish being spoken in their presence.

CraigM
Those numbers keep swinging from one direction to another by huge chunks.

Craig

Shane W
I contend that if you live in America, where the primary language is English then you should know how to speak English or get to learning. I don't know if it needs to be the official language, but I still feel like if you live here then you should speak English.

Craig

English isn't going anywhere, this was just a base rallying issue.

CraigM
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
English isn't going anywhere, this was just a base rallying issue.
Well, anyone from Arizona that can answer this, is it a problem that people can't speak English in the state?

I know that in Florida, I do find it annoying when you try to speak to me in Spanish and I don't speak it fluently enough. You live here, I expect you to know English. Just like if I move to France, they would probably expect me to know French.

Craig

RickLM
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM

So the Missouri, Virginia and Montana seats go Dem. What a night. Sorry, W.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM

Did the Democrats get the Senate?

Brad N.
I'm very disappointed in my neighbors down the road in the 6th district who have elected a batshit crazy gay hating Katherine Harris clone Michelle Bachman over nationally known moderate child safety advocate Patty Wetterling. For shame.

What the fuck?!?!

I shit you not.

But just to show that we're not completely nuts, we rejected a proposition that would enter all voters into a lottery.

Shane W
Those numbers keep swinging from one direction to another by huge chunks.

Craig

This jump was from Jackson county, which is Kansas City, there is still 15% to go and she's running about 65% in the area, she should pad up another 8k from there.

St. Louis still has about 70% left to report.

And that will run about 54% or so.

You can just about call it for McCaskill.. Almost.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 09:06 PM

MO keeps swinging back and forth so it'll be close. Virginia will go to Webb even after the recount. Montana should go Dem too.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Do you have a horse in this race in Missouri Shane?

xyzzy

Maybe. They're winning the last three Senate races. But they're still really close and there may be recounts involved.

Brad N.

not yet!

Shane W
Do you have a horse in this race in Missouri Shane?

I voted McCaskill.

11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Well, anyone from Arizona that can answer this, is it a problem that people can't speak English in the state?

I know that in Florida, I do find it annoying when you try to speak to me in Spanish and I don't speak it fluently enough. You live here, I expect you to know English. Just like if I move to France, they would probably expect me to know French.

Craig

I suppose you could call it a problem, but making english the official language solves nothing.

Brad N.
Jeebus California...why this douche again?

CraigM
Webb just announced he won Virginia.

Craig

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Ahnold just now: "I will protect your values and I will protect your dreams."

CraigM
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Ahnold just now: "I will protect your values and I will protect your dreams."
"And I will do so while driving a HumVee!"

Craig

Amos Moses
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Jeebus California...why this douche again?

Dude, it's Ahnold, you cannot resist.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 09:11 PM
McCaskill just padded another 1k at 81%

Brad N.
McCaskill just padded another 1k at 81%

Keep going, Girl!!!

Shane W
And amendment 2 has taken a lead!!!!!!!!!

That's my horse, Gary.

Shwicaz
11-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Webb just announced he won Virginia.

Craig

by like 2000 votes.

prepare for a recount.

CraigM
by like 2000 votes.

prepare for a recount.
Oh, no shit. I've known that for hours ;-)

Craig

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
I really should be going to sleep

Shwicaz
if the dems lost the senate, it will be by one fucking seat.

Shane W
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
by like 2000 votes.

prepare for a recount.

It's probably automatic at that close

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
by like 2000 votes.

prepare for a recount.

Yes. However, a recount overwhelmingly favors the original winner. Plus, it's by 2,000 votes. He's got a GREAT shot.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/image.php?u=5&dateline=1155159466
I voted McCaskill.And you certainly look happy about it. :)

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
if the dems lost the senate, it will be by one fucking seat.

Yes. IF it's one seat they will have still both Independants who will caucus with the Dems so you might as well give them the majority.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Yes. However, a recount overwhelmingly favors the original winner. Plus, it's by 2,000 votes. He's got a GREAT shot.

Yeah, its when the margin is a couple hundred that things get contentious. Didn't that happen in Oregon in 2004?

Shane W
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
And you certainly look happy about it. :)

I am. :)

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
What race is it coming down to?

Shwicaz
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Yes. IF it's one seat they will have still both Independants who will caucus with the Dems so you might as well give them the majority.

or you could look at it this way:

If fucking Joe Lieberman had just let the democratic candidate win, instead of running himself as a newly independent, the dems would have had a majority.

One more reason to hate Joe Lieberman.