PDA

View Full Version : YES! Bloodrayne 2 is coming!

James Patrick
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before the studio came to their senses and continued the Bloodrayne franchise. The first movie is an underrated romp and by giving it a sequel, and possibly a trilogy, they can let this story grow and let people continue to discover it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30624?hey_lets_make_a_isequeli_to_an_artistic__com mercial_failure__a_bolloriffic_bloodrayne_2_is_com ing

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Bloodrayne
"Ed Wood, you have been unseated as the Worst Filmmaker Of All Time." - Robert Newton, Cinematical

"Ben Kingsley should sell his Oscar on eBay if he needs money this badly." - Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News

"Attention, Ben Kingsley (I mean, Sir Ben Kingsley): It's officially time to turn in your Oscar." - Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter

"The production values in BloodRayne are horrible, from the repetitious interiors to the ridiculous wigs." - Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle

"This gory, ludicrous horror-action picture isn't good by any standard: It's formulaic, tin-eared, remarkably dull and astonishingly badly acted." - Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide

"Severe miscasting is the order of the day and the hair stylist insists on compounding the performers' folly by fitting them in wigs that double for Texas roadkill on the weekends." - Rob Vaux , Flipside Movie Emporium

"Laughable dialogue, harrowingly inept editing, bland and lifeless direction, and actors who feel no need to hide their embarrassment. The modern king of atrocious filmmaking has struck again, and let's just say it's not a pretty sight." - Scott Weinberg, efilmcritic.com

"There's not a character that's more than a cartoon cutout; the story is as undeveloped as it is nonsensical; even the costumes are silly - Michael Madsen's wig (think Billy Ray Cyrus as Conan the Barbarian) is the funniest sight gag since the blow-up auto-pilot in Airplane!." - Tom Maurstad, Dallas Morning News

"After just two universally-hated movies (2003's House of the Dead and 2005's Alone in the Dark), German director Uwe Boll has attained a reputation bad enough that some have compared him to a modern-day Ed Wood, but with less talent -- I don't think a German's gotten this many bad notices since Hitler." - Chuck O'Leary, FulvueDrive-in.com

"'You don't know the meaning of pain!' our heroine hisses at one point. Oh, honey, believe us, we do. And it's best defined by a January in which Hostel, Grandma's Boy and BloodRayne are the big movies of the week -- and the weeks to come promise only Underworld: Evolution and Big Momma's House 2." - Stephen Whitty, The Star-Ledger

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Iím excited to do a sequel to BloodRayne and this time in the Wild West. I'm a big fan of Sergio Leone and John Ford.

I think part of my soul just died...

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I think part of my soul just died...

I wish Satan would hurry up and call Boll back to Hell.....

Joe Henderson
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Go Uwe go! Anyone know the release date of In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Seige Tale (whew!), by the way? I can't wait to see that shitfest...

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Also, Boll did the impossible and made Kristten Lokken (yes I know I HORRIBLY mangled her name... too lazy to Go Ogle it) look ugly in a movie.

Afny
11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
At least its not "Getting Up" produced by Marc Ecko.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
At least its not "Getting Up" produced by Marc Ecko.

:Panic:

I loved his little whiny interview where he was trying to defend his game.

Jerome Gibbons
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
There better be lesbianism, dammit.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
There better be lesbianism, dammit.

If it's with Michelle Rodriguez, I think it'd be classified as guy/girl.

Jerome Gibbons
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
If it's with Michelle Rodriguez, I think it'd be classified as guy/girl.
http://static.flickr.com/29/100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

Mr. BURN!...s.

Joe Henderson
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Oooh, this trailer is new to me (for Uwe's new movie):

http://www.inthenameoftheking.com/trailer.html

Icaruss
11-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Are you aware of a man named Uwe Boll?

Bill?
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
oooh man. how does something like this happen! my eyes still hurt from the first one!

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
oooh man. how does something like this happen! my eyes still hurt from the first one!

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.

While Boll has received a lot of negative publicity regarding this funding method, he was actually one of the few directors to use the tax shelter as intended[citation needed]. His films were financed, produced, and directed by a German company, which was the initial intention behind the tax shelter: to provide incentive for investment in German entertainment properties. Regardless of the law's intention, most of these German film funds ended up funneling money to American studios to finance American blockbusters. The law merely required that the movie's copyright be owned by a German company; thus studios would "sell" a movie's rights to a German company, then immediately lease the movie back for a small fee, while the German owners would agree to very limited control. Essentially, the German company would own the movie on paper, but have no say over its production.

Because of this, in January 2006, as had been expected for several months, the German legislature changed the country's tax laws to eliminate the tax shelter. It is not known if this will have any effect on Boll's funding as the new laws only seek to punish investors who are abusing the law for tax purposes; Boll's activities appear to be well within the legitimate usage of the tax shelter.

Bill?
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.

While Boll has received a lot of negative publicity regarding this funding method, he was actually one of the few directors to use the tax shelter as intended[citation needed]. His films were financed, produced, and directed by a German company, which was the initial intention behind the tax shelter: to provide incentive for investment in German entertainment properties. Regardless of the law's intention, most of these German film funds ended up funneling money to American studios to finance American blockbusters. The law merely required that the movie's copyright be owned by a German company; thus studios would "sell" a movie's rights to a German company, then immediately lease the movie back for a small fee, while the German owners would agree to very limited control. Essentially, the German company would own the movie on paper, but have no say over its production.

Because of this, in January 2006, as had been expected for several months, the German legislature changed the country's tax laws to eliminate the tax shelter. It is not known if this will have any effect on Boll's funding as the new laws only seek to punish investors who are abusing the law for tax purposes; Boll's activities appear to be well within the legitimate usage of the tax shelter.

i'd heard about this before. but since it changed you'd think he'd have trouble getting more money for movies like this. it's just insane. he has to be the luckiest filmmaker in history. it's just insane. what a fucking rat that guy is.

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
i'd heard about this before. but since it changed you'd think he'd have trouble getting more money for movies like this. it's just insane. he has to be the luckiest filmmaker in history. it's just insane. what a fucking rat that guy is.

I'm sure they have all kinds of ways around the law, even though it sounds like he's staying within its boundaries. But hey, I guess we benefit from some of the funniest movies ever made.

Gavin
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd say it's going to be a waste of film, but Uwe might challenge me to a boxing match.

Jerome Gibbons
11-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I love the end of the "The Director" section in THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uwe_Boll&oldid=61593218#The_director) article.

Cuckoo
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Why the hell does Uwe Boll still have a job?

Gavin
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Why the hell does Uwe Boll still have a job?

His movies make money, and isn't he funded out of Germany, or something like that?

Joe Henderson
11-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I love the end of the "The Director" section in THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uwe_Boll&oldid=61593218#The_director) article.

Surprisingly informative little bit at the end...

James Patrick
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Are you aware of a man named Uwe Boll?

I worship the man like diety that's restored water to my people after a drought.

Princesa
11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I love Michelle Rodriquez and I hope she was drunk when she took the part.

Bill?
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
His movies make money, and isn't he funded out of Germany, or something like that?

do they really make money? i think they just don't not make money.

WillieLee
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM

His movies were profitable because of a loophole in the German tax system.

Bedlam66
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I have watched every crappy movie I've ever started all the way though. Even I could make it though the first 45 min of that piece of shit. I won't be seeing the second one.

Brian Defferding
11-08-2006, 08:08 PM
I think a good subtitle to the sequel should be Breasts, Blood and Beer.

moonspider
11-08-2006, 08:15 PM
well in a world where there's a bring it on 3....yeah, not surprised

Ryan Elliott
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
And I have to deal with the shitheads who go SEE these crappy movies!! :mad: