PDA

View Full Version : Did I ever tell you about the time I got outted as Lord Retail on the radio?

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
In another customary strange turn of events...

My friend is a producer/ character on the local classic rock station here and he plugs the shop whenever applicable which we appreciate. But a few weeks ago I went into the bank like I do every morning and while I was in line, the customer service lady said that she'd hear them talking about me on the radio that morning. Modesty is my middle name so I played it off as they mention me just often enough to make me feel really important. But she then said, "what is it they call you online...Lord something or another." I'll admit I wasn't ready for that one. That's right, I got outted as Lord Retail on the classic rock station morning show that everyone listens to and had to admit to the bank lady that I call myself Lord Retail and encourage others to do the same online. :lol:

So much for anonymity...:nonono2:

adamgreenberger
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
That actually is pretty funny...but considering what they call him...Lord Retail is much better

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-07-2006, 01:43 PM
That actually is pretty funny...but considering what they call him...Lord Retail is much better

I'm not sure who came up with Goat Boy, but I'll tell you what he's made it work for him!

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Well I thought this was a good story. Can't all be winners, people!

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Well I thought this was a good story. Can't all be winners, people!

Funny Story. But mine is better:twisted:

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Funny Story. But mine is better:twisted:

Ok, I'll bite. "What's your story?"

Dannñ B
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
My favorite radio show host told my mom on the air that I call every week under the name Pot Head Dan and discuss different strains of weed. I don't, obviously, but it was funny.

saymama
11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
hey hon! you are lord of all things and everyone should know that!

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
hey hon! you are lord of all things and everyone should know that!

I'm decent at a couple things, yeah. But retail is the only thing I can claim to be lord of and get away with. :)

saymama
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm decent at a couple things, yeah. But retail is the only thing I can claim to be lord of and get away with. :)

and there lies the differences between myself and the rest of the world! That was the part where you say, damn straight, let's get the word out! SAYMAMA MINI-LESSON #1!:grope:

UltimateQuintessa
11-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Ok, I'll bite. "What's your story?"

Last Saturday night I went over to my friend's house to chill out and play some video games and talk trash about football teams. Not an hour over there his younger sister backs up into my truck. Just got the estimate today. $3500. She doesn't have insurance. But her Mother said she'd pay for everything.

The only kicker is I have to drive my whooptee Friday night on a first date. So instead of "big pimpin" in my Ford Explorer I have to drive my Buick Fucking Skylark! Bad always follows good.:-?

Okay your story is better. My bad.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Last Saturday night I went over to my friend's house to chill out and play some video games and talk trash about football teams. Not an hour over there his younger sister backs up into my truck. Just got the estimate today. $3500. She doesn't have insurance. But her Mother said she'd pay for everything.

The only kicker is I have to drive my whooptee Friday night on a first date. So instead of "big pimpin" in my Ford Explorer I have to drive my Buick Fucking Skylark! Bad always follows good.:-?

Okay your story is better. My bad.

yeah, my story is better. Your's didn't even have a radio or a bank lady. Decompression! Rehash! Living for the tpb!

ClintP
11-08-2006, 05:26 AM
That is a pretty good one. One of the reasons I changed my online name to ClintP. I didn't want to have to say, "Hi, I am metalgoober". Also, you are superstar famous now!

JABSEN
11-08-2006, 05:28 AM
That is a pretty good one. One of the reasons I changed my online name to ClintP. I didn't want to have to say, "Hi, I am metalgoober". Also, you are superstar famous now!Oh, You're metalgoober.

ClintP
11-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Oh, You're metalgoober.
ToddKearns would like my old name on here. However, I am not as big a metal head as I used to be. I still have an email account that was for metalgoober, but it is just my spam mail account that I use when I have to sign up for give-aways and such.:)

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-08-2006, 05:35 AM
That is a pretty good one. One of the reasons I changed my online name to ClintP. I didn't want to have to say, "Hi, I am metalgoober". Also, you are superstar famous now!

This was a prime example of worlds colliding. I partially changed my name because of that and to appear to be more human.

ClintP
11-08-2006, 05:37 AM
This was a prime example of worlds colliding. I partially changed my name because of that and to appear to be more human.

Oh yeah, you are relatable to us commoners now my lord.:)

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Oh yeah, you are relatable to us commoners now my lord.:)

I put my pants on both legs at once the same way everyone else does.

Jef UK
11-08-2006, 06:28 AM

You'll always be metalgoober to me.

Criden
11-08-2006, 08:02 AM
I put my pants on both legs at once the same way everyone else does.

I'm can't believe I'm standing here, in front of Lord Retail!!!

UltimateQuintessa
11-08-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah, my story is better. Your's didn't even have a radio or a bank lady. Decompression! Rehash! Living for the tpb!

Just think of all the sweet extras in the trades. Like character concept sketches of myself and my truck. Writer commentary about how he doesn't hate me just likes putting me in embrassing situations...etc.