PDA

View Full Version : Want 2 share my happiness with ya all.. keep an eye out for me! :twisted:

Murdock's Girl
11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
So I have had the perfect damn thing that could possibly happen to me happen last night.

(no.. unfortantly Matt Murdock did not become real... so its the second best thing) :twisted:

A movie has been filming in my hometown for the last year or so. It's called 5-25-77 and its made by Patrick Reed Johnson. It's basically about what happened to him as a kid the day Star Wars was released.

I saw the trailer for it last monday. Its freaking awsome.

Well they are currently cutting the film as we speak about 20 feet from my film class.

Last night my prof sent me a few of my classmates up there to talk to Johnson.
Long story short, I will be interning on the film for editing (since that is what i am going into).

You have no freaking clue how happy I am. This film has to get approved my Lucas Films (for obvious reasons). The world debut will be about 1/2 mile from my house. My name will be in the (dead end) of the credits. It will be distributed throughout the country (don't know what studio is distributing..but I will find out).

So any board members who want to be part of a screen group that are in the chicago/milwaukee area let me know. The first screening will be Friday at 8pm in Grayslake. The next one will be on the 19th I believe. If you are intrested, email me and I will give you details, directions etc etc etc.

Ok so I am mucho happy even though I haven't been on the board lately due to school and papers and studying- esp. Since I am trying to get ahead so I can sink time into this project.

yippee....

Tessana aka MG

changingshades
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
congratulations

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
So I have had the perfect damn thing that could possibly happen to me happen last night.

(no.. unfortantly Matt Murdock did not become real... so its the second best thing) :twisted:

A movie has been filming in my hometown for the last year or so. It's called 5-25-77 and its made by Patrick Reed Johnson. It's basically about what happened to him as a kid the day Star Wars was released.

I saw the trailer for it last monday. Its freaking awsome.

Well they are currently cutting the film as we speak about 20 feet from my film class.

Last night my prof sent me a few of my classmates up there to talk to Johnson.
Long story short, I will be interning on the film for editing (since that is what i am going into).

You have no freaking clue how happy I am. This film has to get approved my Lucas Films (for obvious reasons). The world debut will be about 1/2 mile from my house. My name will be in the (dead end) of the credits. It will be distributed throughout the country (don't know what studio is distributing..but I will find out).

So any board members who want to be part of a screen group that are in the chicago/milwaukee area let me know. The first screening will be Friday at 8pm in Grayslake. The next one will be on the 19th I believe. If you are intrested, email me and I will give you details, directions etc etc etc.

Ok so I am mucho happy even though I haven't been on the board lately due to school and papers and studying- esp. Since I am trying to get ahead so I can sink time into this project.

yippee....

Tessana aka MG

Glad to hear it...wish I could go with you...

Olivier E.
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM

(no.. unfortantly Matt Murdock did not become real... so its the second best thing)

those first two lines are misleading :nonono2:

jason hissong
11-07-2006, 01:48 PM
That sounds like one of the most uninteresting films I could imagine watching.

But I'm happy for you!

Murdock's Girl
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
That sounds like one of the most uninteresting films I could imagine watching.

But I'm happy for you!

I thought so too.. but the trailer is set up as one of those 'coming of age' type of films.

Hey.. whatca doing friday? Want to come up to my neck of the woods? :)

MG

SteveFlack
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Wow, this movie is still happening. I've been following it on the web for a long time, since I am a fan of the director, and I was afraid it was stalled permenantly for awhile. I saw the trailer awhile ago, and loved all of the casting choices. I wish I could check out this test screening, but alas, I am in New York. Congrats on the gig, and hope it all goes well.

And if you can, tell Mr. Johnson that I am a huge fan of Angus, and would love for it to come out on DVD, and maybe even in a director's cut.

-Steve!

PhilipClark
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Good for you. Best of luck.

Murdock's Girl
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow, this movie is still happening. I've been following it on the web for a long time, since I am a fan of the director, and I was afraid it was stalled permenantly for awhile. I saw the trailer awhile ago, and loved all of the casting choices. I wish I could check out this test screening, but alas, I am in New York. Congrats on the gig, and hope it all goes well.

And if you can, tell Mr. Johnson that I am a huge fan of Angus, and would love for it to come out on DVD, and maybe even in a director's cut.

-Steve!

I will pass this post to him when I see him next, you got my word :)

Yea its still going, heard about the delays etc etc etc. I just get a kick out of it because they filmed the movie in my old high school (yes the one I work at now). In part because his old alma matter- well that campus burned down about 10 years ago and the rebuilt it. It looks way to new (tells you the state of my high school doesn't it?)
So in the trailer, you are seeing my old high school but with kids wearing letterman jackets (and our arch rivals to an extent) from his alma matter. Its funny as hell to me.

Genesee Theater- which is also in the trailer I saw- was just finished being remodeled. That is where it will be debuting. Im so freaking giddy.

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I will pass this post to him when I see him next, you got my word :)

Yea its still going, heard about the delays etc etc etc. I just get a kick out of it because they filmed the movie in my old high school (yes the one I work at now). In part because his old alma matter- well that campus burned down about 10 years ago and the rebuilt it. It looks way to new (tells you the state of my high school doesn't it?)
So in the trailer, you are seeing my old high school but with kids wearing letterman jackets (and our arch rivals to an extent) from his alma matter. Its funny as hell to me.

Genesee Theater- which is also in the trailer I saw- was just finished being remodeled. That is where it will be debuting. Im so freaking giddy.

Are you still planning to go to NYCC next year? I might have a suprise for you if you are...

Lab-Rat
11-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Congrats. It's always nice to hear about someone getting a break into a profession that they true love.

Murdock's Girl
11-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Are you still planning to go to NYCC next year? I might have a suprise for you if you are...

Doubtful because of Dirty Es. We are both in that look for another job and move stage... and she's leaning on going somewhere warm.... :)

Dr Aldo
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Congrats!!!!

jason hissong
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
I thought so too.. but the trailer is set up as one of those 'coming of age' type of films.

Hey.. whatca doing friday? Want to come up to my neck of the woods? :)

MG

this weekend i'm having a friend from indy visit. so i'll be with her all weekend.

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Doubtful because of Dirty Es. We are both in that look for another job and move stage... and she's leaning on going somewhere warm.... :)

Ok, then nevermind...