PDA

View Full Version : Bush snubbed by Fla. GOP Gov. candidate

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
:lol:
Bush Snubbed In Last Day Of Campaigning.
President Bush campaigned in Florida yesterday on behalf of GOP gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist only Crist didn't show up at the event. Instead, said Fox News' Special Report, Crist campaigned elsewhere in the state with Sen. John McCain. The AP calls the "snub" "one more reminder" of Bush's "poor standing in the polls." As the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports this morning, the "evident snub" focused much of the national media coverage of the President's campaign swing. All three networks noted it, with the CBS Evening News reporting Florida "neatly sums up the President's status," ABC World News noting "it was Crist who invited the President to Florida," and NBC Nightly News saying "many Republicans want distance from the President and his message."

The Palm Beach Post reports "the state's top Republican candidates were conspicuously absent from the presidential rally, which drew about 7,500 people." In addition to Crist, Republicans Bill McCollum, "who is seeking to succeed Crist as attorney general, and incumbent Agriculture Commissioner Charles Bronson were campaigning along the Interstate 4 corridor. Tom Lee, the GOP candidate for chief financial officer, also was not in Pensacola."

In addition to visiting Florida, the Washington Times reports Bush addressed campaign rallies in Montana, Nevada, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Florida, Arkansas and Texas. The New York Times also reports on Bush's campaign swing in a story titled "A Last Hurrah Of Sorts For Bush-Rove Partnership," analyzing Bush and Rove's "symbiotic relationship in which, friends say, Mr. Rove, the president's chief political adviser, is both mastermind and supplicant, and Mr. Bush is both leader and follower."

CraigM
11-07-2006, 12:06 PM
He visited all of those states in one day? Damn.

Also, as much as I don't like Bush as the President, it's still kind of shitty to invite him down and then not even go to the rally. It looks negative on you too Crist.

Thankfully, I don't care who wins between the two. Though, after hearing this I kind of hope that Davis wins over Crist. But, I really don't care one way or another.

Craig