PDA

View Full Version : So I'm watching The Twilight Zone on DVD...

Sean Jackson
11-07-2006, 11:21 AM
and at the end of each episode, they have a little commercial, say for Gunsmoke or the like.

Then one pops up that says:
The Mentally Ill Need Your Help, Not Criticism.

And then give an address for a pamphlet called 'How to Deal with Mental Problems'.

God, I wish I had a copy of that sometimes.

Ethan Van Sciver
11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
That was the Johnson administration, I believe, that started all that Mental Health stuff. I've got a bunch of cool public service announcements from that time period. "Better Mental Health!"

Dick Van Dyke Show dvds have similar PSAs as Easter Eggs. "Stand up in the fight against Communism!" (shot of families at church rising to their feet and singing hymns)

Awesome stuff.

How are you liking the TZ DVDs?

Taxman
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
That was the Johnson administration, I believe, that started all that Mental Health stuff. I've got a bunch of cool public service announcements from that time period. "Better Mental Health!"

Dick Van Dyke Show dvds have similar PSAs as Easter Eggs. "Stand up in the fight against Communism!" (shot of families at church rising to their feet and singing hymns)

Awesome stuff.

How are you liking the TZ DVDs?You haven't seen those Ethan? They are excellent. The season sets have some pretty good supplements on them. A couple of the episodes my son took out of the library had a complete radio drama version of the episode included. Plus, some of the in house ads as Sean described. Should be good fun for you. Just be sure you get season sets for this kind of stuff, and not the earlier numbered voulumes that were released.

Ethan Van Sciver
11-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh, of course I've seen them. I cherish them. I bought them eagerly when they came out, and watched them religiously during the time that I was drawing REBIRTH.

And then I loved Rod Serling so thoroughly that I tried out NIGHT GALLERY, which wasn't as good. And Rod had turned orange.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh, of course I've seen them. I cherish them. I bought them eagerly when they came out, and watched them religiously during the time that I was drawing REBIRTH.But the season sets you haven't seen I guess. It really sucks that they issue stuff like this multiple times. I am betting you would enjoy the supplements enough to justify trying at least one season set.

Now, we finally know why Rebbirth was so good.

Sean Jackson
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
How are you liking the TZ DVDs?
Loving it. I watch them at work.

Speaking of which, don't forget to drop me a line at work and I'll hook you up with that account. If you don't have my card, pm me.

Taxman
11-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Loving it. I watch them at work.

Speaking of which, don't forget to drop me a line at work and I'll hook you up with that account. If you don't have my card, pm me.You'll riun him!

He won't have the largest DVD shelf on the block any more.

Sean Jackson
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
You'll riun him!

He won't have the largest DVD shelf on the block any more.

mooohahaha