PDA

View Full Version : Explorer for Mac issues?

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 11:13 AM
I can't log on at home on my Mac running Internet Explorer. :-x anyone elese getting that?

Blane
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Isn't Explorer for Mac basically useless? I mean, they haven't updated it since IE 4 or so. I'd go with Mozilla.

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Isn't Explorer for Mac basically useless? I mean, they haven't updated it since IE 4 or so. I'd go with Mozilla.

It works just fine for me. Except since the BB "upgrade."

Smokinblues
11-07-2006, 11:28 AM
:)

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I have an old copy of IE5.1 that I keep on my G5 mac. It launches okay for me.

Do you have Safari or another browser on your Mac? And if you do, will it launch?

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
I have an old copy of IE5.1 that I keep on my G5 mac. It launches okay for me.

Do you have Safari or another browser on your Mac? And if you do, will it launch?

I'm sure we have another browser, I guess I'll have to go to that unless NEWS! can figure it out.

Smokinblues
11-07-2006, 11:35 AM
You may be the only person on the planet that actually WANTS to use IE on a Mac.

Somehow I doubt News is going to worry about a browser compatibility issue for IE 4 on a Mac. It's dead software, abandoned. Get one of the ones that works better on Macs and is actually kept up to date.

Modok Gas
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Yep. I'd avoid IE on the Mac since the security on it is outdated.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
You may be the only person on the planet that actually WANTS to use IE on a Mac.

Somehow I doubt News is going to worry about a browser compatibility issue for IE 4 on a Mac. It's dead software, abandoned. Get one of the ones that works better on Macs and is actually kept up to date.
Well I keep a copy of IE because there are still a handful of sites out there that are not Firefox/Safari compatible. Notably some local city/county government sites that only work well with Internet Exploder.

RebootedCorpse
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Well I keep a copy of IE because there are still a handful of sites out there that are not Firefox/Safari compatible. Notably some local city/county government sites that only work well with Internet Exploder.

Exactly.

BERMAN_NEWS!
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I can't log on at home on my Mac running Internet Explorer. :-x anyone elese getting that?

try emptying your cache and deleting all cookies...