PDA

View Full Version : [SURVEY] Save/Destroy The Marvel Universe In 25 Steps..

Thorne
11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
THE RULES
Pick a character for each plot listed below.

BONUS POINTS
Tell us how you'd handle that storyline and give it a name.

--------------------------

1) Turn into a killer
2) Turn their back on their supporting cast and relocate
3) Become a villain
4) Become a hero (if a villain)
5) Have someone else take up their super identity
6) Die
7) Come back from the dead (if already dead)
8] Hook up with another hero (who and who)
9) Join a team they hadnt been in before
10) Get turned on by the hero community
11) Have a kid
12) Get stranded on another planet
13) Wind up in jail
14) Get an "evil twin"
15) Get a costume change
16) Lose a limb
17) Become gay
18] Meddle with the occult
19) Acquire a sidekick (who)
20) Quit
21) Become their teen/older self
22) Be brought "back to their roots"
23) Become a cop/Agent of SHIELD
24) Take over a country
25) Be part of a long intricate revenge by their number one rogue

Jim T.
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
6) Die

"Even a Legend Can Die"

Steve Rogers gets shot and killed in a normal everyday mugging. Stupid death for a great hero. No Nazis, no death rays, no saving the world - just Steve bleeding out in an alley somewhere while a kid runs away with his wallet. And no time travel or Cosmic Cube to reverse it - he's dead, it's permanent and and it's for no good reason. Do it as part of "The End" series but gritty and realistic showing how the country and the Marvel heroes and villains react.

The Human Target
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Fun game! :)

I'd rather do this than vote.

jason hissong
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
when i get home

Servo106
11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
17) Become gay

"I'm the best at what I do and what I do is BUTTSEX"

"The reason I was trying to always split you and Jean up, was because I wanted you Scott!" In a shocking move Wolverine comes out of the closet as a full blown leather daddy.

Boom marvel universe destroyed. You could see newsrama exploding from space.

Doug
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
1) Turn into a killer
Mr Fantastic (but to save his children's lives)

The Human Torch (after Reed kills the villians, Johnny can't remain on the team. He thinks Reed is smart enough and should have found another way.)

3) Become a villain
Adam Warlock (his Infinity Gem corrupts him, and it must be removed from him before he can become a hero again)

Sandman (I always liked him better as a hero)

Iron Fist (Isn't that what Brubaker and Fraction are setting up?)

6) Die
Danny Rand (hence the need for a new Iron Fist)

Kraven (he is sent by Mephisto to hunt souls that have escaped from his grasp to the world of the living)

Dr. Strange and Hellcat (on a Defender's mission where they are lost in other dimensions.)

Deadpool joins the Thunderbolts (because he wants a regular paycheck)
The Punisher also joins the Thunderbolts (because someone has to keep an eye on these so called legitimate villians)

Namor (you can only attack the surface world so many times before it pisses off the wrong person)

11) Have a kid
Scott Sommers and Emma Frost

Ben Grimm (It's happened before so he's not too worried about it. Besides Stretcho will figure a way to get him back. Can happen at the same time as Reed killing and Johnny leaving the team.)

13) Wind up in jail
Hank Pym (wrongly convicted of something his evil twin did)

14) Get an "evil twin"
Hank Pym

15) Get a costume change
Daredevil (to an all black, almost ninja like costume with a red DD emblem)

16) Lose a limb
Cable (but it's his cybernetic arm so he can build a new one)

17) Become gay
Jubilee

Norman Osborne (to get even more power)

Daredevil gets a "Robin" in the form of the Patriot from the Young Avengers who changes his costume and becomes Silence

20) Quit
She Hulk (and only works as Jen Walter Lawyer)

?????

The Hulk (he just wants to be left alone, but no body will abide by his wishes)

Rick Jones (because he has ties to many people in the hero community)

24) Take over a country
Since no one will leave the Hulk alone he takes over his own country through sheer force, and Banner's intelect.

Adam Warlock's Infinity Gem problem is all due to Thanos

Doug
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
17) Become gay

"I'm the best at what I do and what I do is BUTTSEX"

"The reason I was trying to always split you and Jean up, was because I wanted you Scott!" In a shocking move Wolverine comes out of the closet as a full blown leather daddy.

Boom marvel universe destroyed. You could see newsrama exploding from space.

And he already has the costume from the Morrison/Quitley run.

NATE!
11-07-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.geocities.com/microheroes/NotBrandEchh-ForbushMan-IrvingForbush.gif x25

TIP
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
http://www.geocities.com/microheroes/NotBrandEchh-ForbushMan-IrvingForbush.gif x25

:rock:

T
(with many thanks to Warren Ellis for reviving his career)

Matthew Brown
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
7.) Come back from the dead.

Hitman. Tommy wakes up as a result of the Prime Punch, digging his way out of a shallow grave and kicking down a shitty wooden headstone. Finding some ciggarettes in his coat he lights one, looks around, and shrugs.

DAVE
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
OK I thought about this one on the way home from work:

6) Die

Black Panther.
There's a coup in Wakanda, and killed in the overthrow is the King himself, T'Challa, by his long time nemesis Ulysses Klaw.
Wakanda is thrown into chaos, as only the bloodline of the Panther can rule the nation.
Desperate, a royal vizier and the widowed queen, Storm track down a distant cousin, and the last member of the Panther Bloodline, in New York City.
Ebin Stone, a young man living in the Bronx is that man.
Ebin's family was brought to America in the 1700's by slave traders. Ebin, is a little lost in life, trying to change for the better and outgrow his troublemaking youth.
The first story would be Ebin training to become the Panther, and travelling to Wakanda to go through the Panther ceremony and overthrow Klaw.

Philip J Eaves
11-07-2006, 03:54 PM

The Sentry

In a post-Civil War Earth, heroes now work for SHIELD. There are still bitter feelings about the event, as Captain America was killed by Iron Man. Underground vigilantes still operate, but are hunted every day. As the heroes attempt to sort out their emotions (Sue divorces Reed, takes custody of the kids; Spider-Man is forced into registration and struggles to protect his loved ones), the Hulk returns to Earth. With a vendetta against the Illuminati that creates a blinding rage for the Hulk, he begins by destroying the Baxter Building, causing a momumental explosion. SHIELD heroes die on the scene, reminiscent of 9/11. Soon, there are no heroes to fight the Hulk, except the Sentry, who has been in space attempting to reconcile with himself the decisions he made. The Sentry is not able to combat the Hulk's new strength and it catapulted into space, where he watches Earth explode. Unbeknownst to the Sentry, the Hulk attacked a missile silo on the East Coast, causing a premature nuclear war.
The Sentry, forced into action by his guilt, manages to fly at a speed so fast, he is able to slip into the folds of the space-time continuum. When he returns, it is 20 years in the past. Bob is 20 years younger and, armed with knowledge of the future, is able to avoid the dirty mess of the future. Making friends with the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Inhumans, Bob unites them all under a system (similar to the ideas of Iron Man). The heroes ready themselves twenty years before the Civil War, preventing Stamford and the genocide to come.

I know, I got a bit carried away....

Thorne
11-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Some great ideas so far! I'll try to post something later when work dies down a bit.

Race
11-08-2006, 07:37 AM
A story involving the following elements:

1) Become a killer
6) Die
10) Get turned on by the hero commuity
11) Have a kid
15) Gets a costume change
16) Lose a limb
20) Quit
24) Take over a country

Dr. Doom and the Red Skull team up (9) to conquer Eastern Europe (24) and divide it between them, enlisting (coercing?) the Abomination to help them. Working for S.H.I.E.L.D. Cap. America is defeated by Doom & the Abomination and held in his Latverian fortress while the Skull executes a plot leading to Johnny Storm's death (6), leaving the FF broken and demoralized. Iron Man faces off against Doom, armor vs. armor (with some newly discovered magic trinket), to free Cap and is defeated, loosing a leg in the battle (16) and ends his career (20) as Iron Man (for now).

Bucky (as Winter Soldier) assembles a group of heroes (16): Dr. Strange (because of Doom's magic); Colossus (his relatives are threatened); and Rick Jones, who is the new Iron Man with a new suit (5, 15). Together, they infiltrate Doom's fortress and liberate Capt. America, steal the magical trinket from Doom, and sabotage the technological means by which he and the Skull were conquering the Eastern Bloc. Bucky dies (for reals) in the process, as does the Abomination (6).

Capt. America, shamed, embarrassed and broken by his defeat, imprisonment and subsequent torture, runs off to parts unknown (2) and it is uncertain if he will take up the shield again. Wolverine finds out from Tony about Cap. and tracks him down.

Logan, with his personal experiences, reaches out to Steve, they do some samurai training and meditation mumbo jumbo and Captain America makes a triumphant reappearance in a new costume (15) somewhere down the line (Probably when Ben goes after the Red Skull for killing Johnny, to kill him once and for all, (6) costing him ties with the hero community (1, 10) - Sue can't because she's pregnant (11), and Reed just looses his mind).

Cth
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
1) Turn into a killer

Ant-Man. On the run, having to hide, using a network of ants to keep tabs on people.

Black Panther. Get away from Wakanda do something new.

3) Become a villain

Hulk. Evolve towards the Maestro.

Mephisto, just to confuse everyone. Constant suspicion, wondering what he's up to and why he's doing all these good deeds seemingly.

Punisher. If Columbine can have copycats, the Punisher should have a slew of 'em.

6) Die

Dr. Strange. Give him some degenerative nerve disorder which will make it impossible to cast spells eventually. Force him to have to take on a new apprentice.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=1295169&postcount=24

Mockingbird. REALLY mess with Hawkeye. Wanda attempting to make up for past errors.

Carol Danvers and Tony Stark. Were they drinking? Does it drive them to drink?

Punisher on Avengers just to see Cap's reaction

Reed Richards; Does he continue his altruism? Is he shunned by everyone else also? What does he live for at this point?

11) Have a kid

Hulk. Imagine the tantrums, will Banner repeat the errors of his father?

Thor; Beta Ray Bill stuff; Ideally, explore the idea of the Asgardians as aliens as touched on in Earth X.

13) Wind up in jail

Power Pack; Gotta make those kids grow up sometime, and Katie's already getting that in Runaways/Loners

14) Get an "evil twin"

Deadpool

15) Get a costume change

Luke Cage; make the guy iconic again

16) Lose a limb

Daredevil; The guy just can't get a break.

17) Become gay

MALE: MODOK; If only to see him in a pride parade
FEMALE: Wasp; sorry Hank, no happy ending for you

Sentry; Maybe it can provide him a challenge; and he's already the be-all-end-all for everything else, might as well add magic

Iron Fist; Shang-Chi

20) Quit

Captain America; Steve learns how to function in today's world; Outsider looking on the inside; Tries to reconnect with America; Vision quest

Runaways; 6 months as their older selves; Forced to confront what it's like to be an adult

Nick Fury; Hard core spy stuff; No more LMDs; Touch of Jack Bauer and Tom Clancy

The Thing; New York cop - street patrol

24) Take over a country

Hulk; Get working on the Maestro thing already

Howard the Duck

Evan the Shaggy
03-01-2007, 12:17 PM
THE RULES
1) Turn into a killer
[b] Tony Stark. Its time for Tony to fall from grace...hard. I'm talking The Crossing hard. Someone else needs to be Iron Man.

Spiderman. Could work well for the character, if it could be written as such.

3) Become a villain
Rogue and her faction of the Xmen. Its already chock full of villains, and I think Rogue needs to go batshit insane from all the powers and voices she has.

Exodus. He's pretty much been a blank slate and I think the Xmen need more BIG guns.

Carnage. Carnage needs to be fucking terrifying. Give him to someone who's batshit insane, like not even coherent and watch the fun.

6) Die
Tony Stark. See above.

Ben Reilly. Get Brubaker to write it.

Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch. The idea works SO well. Bring back non-crazy Scarlet Witch looking for redemption, Nightcrawler helps her along the way and the two eventually become a couple.

The Thing joins the Avengers. Time for Ben to hit the big leagues.

Tony Stark....again. Tony Stark's gotta go down. Its inevitable.

11) Have a kid
Spiderman....again. Spidey needs a kid.

Thor. I like this idea.

13) Wind up in jail
Quicksilver. Paying for his crimes from House of M.

14) Get an "evil twin"
Honestly, who the hell doesn't have an evil twin?

15) Get a costume change
Iron Fist. Make it more ninja like and keep some elements from the past while updating it for today.

16) Lose a limb
Again, have Iron Fist lose the hand he doesn't use for Iron

17) Become gay
Wolverine

Quicksilver. I want him to really be the hero who KNOWS he's doing the right thing in his own mind and will do anything to restore mutant kind.

Wolverine and Northstar sittin in a tree.

20) Quit
Tony Stark

Thor. I dig an older, war grizzled Thor.

Captain America.

Wolverine, I think he works better this way....and gay.

24) Take over a country
Dr. Doom overthrows US government.

Spiderman by Venom

Akira
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Must. Do this. when I . Get. Home!

Ray G.
03-01-2007, 01:12 PM
1) Turn into a killer: Iron Man
2) Turn their back on their supporting cast and relocate: Wolverine
3) Become a villain: Punisher
4) Become a hero (if a villain): Magneto
5) Have someone else take up their super identity: Captain America
6) Die: Hank Pym
7) Come back from the dead (if already dead): Majik
8] Hook up with another hero (who and who): Nico and Karolina
9) Join a team they hadnt been in before: Spider-man(Leader of the YA)
10) Get turned on by the hero community: Iron Man
11) Have a kid: Kitty Pryde and Colossus
12) Get stranded on another planet: Nova
13) Wind up in jail: Punisher
14) Get an "evil twin": Captain America
15) Get a costume change: Captain America
16) Lose a limb: Hawkeye(Kate)
17) Become gay: Nico Minoru
18] Meddle with the occult: Reed Richards
19) Acquire a sidekick (who): Spider-man(new character)
20) Quit: Kitty Pryde
21) Become their teen/older self: Ilyana Rasputin
22) Be brought "back to their roots": Namor
23) Become a cop/Agent of SHIELD: Barracuda
24) Take over a country: Magneto
25) Be part of a long intricate revenge by their number one rogue: Iron Man

ZombieSpeedball
03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
1) Turn into a killer
Speed. While with the Young Avengers, he goes too far and the team is forced to question whether or not he can be trusted, or if he is just as insane as his 'mother' Scarlet Witch.

Jaime Madrox. Having issues with the dupe who joined SHIELD, he decides to take a break, leaving M in charge of X Factor Investigations.

3) Become a villain
Penance. From the influence of the other Thunderbolts, Baldwin turns on what he knows and goes balistic. Thanks a lot, Norman.

Mac Gargan. After losing the symbiote to Eddie Brock, Gargan is forced to rethink his life, and returns to his Scorpion persona, but as a hero.

Thor. Yeah, Captain America is given control of Mjolnir. Deal with it, for some reason.

6) Die
Captain Marvel. The CM displaced from time dies before the cancer gets him, which causes chaos. Who's responsible? Kang the Conquerer.

Scarlet Spider. Ben Reilly returns from the grave.

Namor and Sue Storm. Come on, Reed doesn't deserve her.

Arana. She joins the Young Avengers. I wanna see that.

Mister Fantastic. With his creation of Number 42, the heroes lose a little bit of trust and are willing to kick some stretchy ass.

11) Have a kid
She-Hulk. She has a child with-not her husband-Tony Stark. That man loves to spread the seed.

Wonder Man. He accidentally sends himself to another planet in a fight with the Skrull alongside the Mighty Avengers.

13) Wind up in jail
Nick Fury. He is a wanted man, after all. What a naughty man.

14) Get an "evil twin"
Cable. Inexplicably, another man from the future claiming to be a twin of Cable's shows up and attacks both he and Deadpool.

15) Get a costume change
Echo. Come on, have something interesting on as you fight. Bright, primary colors.

16) Lose a limb
USAgent. Because he deserves it, alright?

17) Become gay
H.E.R.B.I.E. Full on gay robot. I hear he's dating Ultron.

Clint Barton. After seeing what happened to Wanda, he is brought to an attempt to bring her back to her old self, which may not be a good thing.

Spider-Man. Arana would be an amazing sidekick. After she loses faith in the Initiative, she goes rogue and teams with Spidey.

20) Quit
Kitty Pryde. Because she needs to. It's hilarious.

Professor Xavier. Back to walking around and all youthful after some sort of magic event with Doctor Strange, Magneto now wants to re-cripple the bald wonder. Excellent.

Wolverine. Logan lapses into a very violent time, and goes wild in the woods. Perhaps even killing a friend.

Blade. After a situation that Blade is needed for, Blade joins a sector of SHIELD that focuses on the supernatural.

24) Take over a country
Elektra. Elektra makes a large rise in Japan, to the point where she has taken total control, and that leads to a big superhero bruhaha.

Daredevil, by the Kingpin. Shit proceeds to hit the fan.

Cth
03-02-2007, 06:20 AM
It's kind of interesting to see how many of these questions seem to have popped up in themes at Marvel recently.

Patrick J
03-02-2007, 07:28 AM
1) Turn into a killer

The Sentry. But be smart about him. Have him killing people left and right and the other heroes of the Marvel U. won't even know or suspect either him or The Void. They'll just be like "Whatever happened to that guy?" not realizing that he's been tossed into the sun.

Nightcrawler goes to Japan.

3) Become a villain

Incredible Hulk moves further and further towards becoming the Maestro
and
Namor: The Sub-Mariner, granted he kinda skates the line between hero and villain already according to some. Have him make a hard, definate turn towards villainy.

Dr. Doom, still maintains villainy but becomes less of a villain, acting heroically in fights against Namor and The Hulk.

Copycat Punishers.

6) Die

Jim Rhodes. It'll be Tony's fault.

Genis-Vell. Pulls himself back together after having his molecules spread across time. Starts training and working with his father.

Ares and Black Widow.

Not neccesarily join the team per se, but Cable restarts X-Force with Deadpool as a member in good standing.

Thor. When he returns many have a hard time believing it's him.

11) Have a kid

Scott Summers and Emma Frost.

Thor returns, nobody believes him and nobody wants him around. The image of the 'Clor' killing Goliath has hurt his reputation. Thor seeks guidance from Odin who is not yet returned so he goes into space to seek him and the other Asgardians.

13) Wind up in jail

J. Jonah Jameson for not revealing confidential sources to Tony Stark.

14) Get an "evil twin"

Valeria Richards. Born invisible, taken away by Doctor Doom. The "evil" one will be from the future.

15) Get a costume change

Iron Man. In light of the fact that he's now director of SHIELD, Tony's armor should reflect that and should color coordinate with SHIELD. Dark Blue/Black and White with some Red, White and Blue.

16) Lose a limb

Wolverine. He loses an arm and for whatever reason, magic perhaps, it doesn't grow back. And I don't mean just a hand, I mean the whole damn arm he loses. And no bone metal appendage that's still there. Whole arm, up to the shoulder... GONE!

17) Become gay

Guido Carosella, Stong Guy

Hawkeye. Does all kinds of stupid shit to figure out what the hell's going on with himself and with Wanda. Him and Nightcrawler.

Meh... I hate sidekicks anyway. Maybe The Punisher.

20) Quit

Nobody. Maybe She-Hulk quits being a hero and just becomes a full-time lawyer.

Franklin Richards, again.

Fantastic Four lead by Franklin Richards. Go on globe trotting adventures into new dimensions, making discoveries etc. etc. etc.

Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic if we can't consider him one already really.

24) Take over a country

Incredible Hulk takes over Australia
Namor takes over South America.

The Punisher.

DAVE
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
It's kind of interesting to see how many of these questions seem to have popped up in themes at Marvel recently.

I'm pretty sure these plot devices popping up recently in Marvel were the inspiration for their presence in this thread.

Ryudo
03-02-2007, 09:25 AM

"Eye of the Beholder"

Dissatisfied with losing not one, but two significant people in his life to otherworldly interference, Hawkeye turns to some shady occult types in the Marvel U. He studies with Madame Web. He pays Wong to copy some information from Dr. Strange's library. He has long, involving conversations with Dormammu. As a result, he prepares himself to first rescue Mockingbird from Hell. After that, he is going to restore both Wanda's mind and her magic powers, hoping that she will resolve the struggles that have occurred since House of M and the resultant Civil War.

Will Hawkeye prevail, or will he learn that it's best to not try and control fate, just run with it? Always the rebel, will he be discouraged when confronted by Steve Rogers, and then the entire new lineup of the New Avengers?

Patrick J
03-04-2007, 01:42 PM
*bump*

'cause I like this thread.

Cth
05-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Bump for more storyline suggestions..

Whip
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I think I'll be hated more than Chuck Austen for a lot of these, but I have the excuse that I'm just being silly and this isn't real. :D

I only picked some points, not all.

--------------------------

Sabretooth. It's been (sort of) done before. I really liked how he was in Age of Apocalypse. This is just wishful thinking because the character is mentally scarred and has a sort of "bloodlust". I think a powerful telepath might do the trick into making those aspects of him fade -- which could, in turn, bring up some questionable morality points about the telepath and have Creed questioning himself and his actions.

6) Die
Mary Jane Watson-Parker. :) .... :twisted:

Ultimate Spider-Man and Firestar. :D

11) Have a kid
I'd like to see a single parent that's a superhero in the Marvel Universe (that isn't one already). I can't recall any single parents instead of Annie the Mary Sue Nurse (who isn't a superhero anyway). :-?

13) Wind up in jail
Tony Stark.

14) Get an "evil twin"
Xavier. Waiiiiiit. Um. Reed Richards?

15) Get a costume change
Iron Fist. I think of 7-Up cans everytime I see his costume. He needs something new.

17) Become gay
Ms. Marvel as a lesbian. Or bisexual. Can that count?

The Punisher. Some teen or young adult who had his family killed in front of his eyes similarly can tag along with Frank who, naturally, doesn't want him along. It's like a buddy-cop movie except with lots of deaths and guns and explosions and torture.

20) Quit
Daredevil. Perhaps as a result of an ultimatum from his (current) wife?

An alternate-universe (meaning, no Civil War) Luke Cage as a legit cop could be interesting. His street-wise mentality and notoreity could make for some interesting judgement calls on his behalf. Could also throw in some social commentary on members of the NYPD and their perceived racism and use of lethal force. He'll quit in the end, though.

Mylazycat
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
1) Turn into a killer

Scarlet Spider. Ben Reilly returns from the grave.

Clint Barton. After seeing what happened to Wanda, he is brought to an attempt to bring her back to her old self, which may not be a good thing.

Professor Xavier. Back to walking around and all youthful after some sort of magic event with Doctor Strange, Magneto now wants to re-cripple the bald wonder. Excellent.

Someone please write these. I'm sold.

Cth
08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
It's... Time Travel Tuesday!

Post some more ideas..

Roman Noodles
08-28-2007, 10:43 AM
17) Become gay
Jubilee

Nice one . . .

Marc Lombardi
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
This is hard since I know so little about Marvel anymore

1) Turn into a killer
Cyclops - The character's so boring, let's give him his powers back (he still doesn't have them, right?) and have him go on a killing spree a la Berserker Wolverine.

Emma Frost - It was a matter of time before she went back to creating another Hellions-like team (even if she isn't completelyt over what happened to the last group)

3) Become a villain
Beast - Spice up this other boring character a bit by making him a bad guy.

Venom - They tried this a couple times, right?

Daredevil - Since Mat Murdock's always rumored to be other people, it'd be interesting to see someone else take his place for a while as DD.

6) Die
Spider-man - Because it'd be bigger than killing Cap.

Illyana Rasputin -- She shows up as an adult and joins one of the X-teams

Dr. Strange -- Get's it on with Zatanna, thanks to a rift in the interdimentional core, creating a cross company love affair up there with the Capulets and Montagues.

Molly (Runaways) - Since she's a mutant there's a chance she could fit in well with one of the X-teams when she gets older.

Professor X - For years and years he did everything for mutant-kind. But what if he did something that suddenly had them reject him. Mutants AND humans against Professor X?

11) Have a kid
The Thing - Just so he could name the kid "Rocky"

Ghost Rider - And the other planet would look strangely like HELL!

13) Wind up in jail
Reed Richards - Sometimes even the most intelligent people do something incredibly wrong. I'm sure he'll end up trying to represent himself as his own lawyer as well.

14) Get an "evil twin"
Gambit - It'd be sort of like Jack and Wicked John from Jack of Fables.

15) Get a costume change
Captain America - Just in time for his "resurrection"

16) Lose a limb
Nightcrawler - It'd be interesting if they gave him a cybernetic leg or something.

17) Become gay
The Hulk - Sounds scary, right? All that pent up rage is just because he's uncomfortable with coming out with the truth of his sexuality.

Storm - After all of the old battles with Dracula in the Claremont X-Men days, maybe she gets "turned" once and for all?

Thor, and his new sidekick Ares

20) Quit
Wolverine - He's gotta get tired of all this crap sooner or later

Ice-Man: The quintessential immature guy eventually grows up and then some. Due to some strange happenings comes back in his late 30s with full on Ice-Elemental abilities. Controls weather and everything with powers amped up to the Nth degree

Cloak and Dagger. Surprised they aren't around a lot more.

Luke Cage: Agent of Shield. Has a nice ring to it, right?

24) Take over a country
Punisher - Let him rule Colombia

Iron Man - Assuming half of the Marvel U hates him right now, it's only a matter of time before one of his arch enemies guns for full out revenge (with some help from an Anti-Registration hero maybe?)

The Dean
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
1) Turn into a killer: Hulk
2) Turn their back on their supporting cast and relocate: Cyclops
3) Become a villain: Wolverine
4) Become a hero (if a villain): MODOK
5) Have someone else take up their super identity: Two-Gun Kid
6) Die: Sentry
7) Come back from the dead (if already dead): Captain America
8] Hook up with another hero (who and who): Human Torch & Mary Jane
9) Join a team they hadnt been in before: Nova joins the Avengers
10) Get turned on by the hero community: Iron Man
11) Have a kid: Black Widow or Thing
12) Get stranded on another planet: Purple Man
13) Wind up in jail: Rage
14) Get an "evil twin": Ghost Rider
15) Get a costume change: Moonknight
16) Lose a limb: Nick Fury
17) Become gay: Wonderman
18] Meddle with the occult: Shang-Chi
19) Acquire a sidekick (who): Hawkeye (Barton teaches Bishop)
20) Quit: Nightcrawler
21) Become their teen/older self: Hercules Zounds!
22) Be brought "back to their roots": Speedball
23) Become a cop/Agent of SHIELD: Punisher
24) Take over a country: Loki
25) Be part of a long intricate revenge by their number one rogue: Prof. X falls to the Hellfire Club.

Roman Noodles
08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
1) Turn into a killer
Iron Man. He's already Semi-responsible for Black Goliath's death. Why Not?
Human Torch. He's become to synonymous with F4 and I'd like to see him venture out on his own.
3) Become a villain
?????
?????
Captain America! Duh!
6) Die
I'll go with Hulk. If done well it could really work.
Magik!!! I want Illyana back with the X-Men!! Or bring back Mockingbird to fuck with Clint's life some more.
Beast and Tigra
Nightcrawler- I'd love to see him do some sort of Avenger duties.
Spider-Woman you can only play both sides for so long.
11) Have a kid
Beast and Tigra.
Doc Strange . . . a whole new world of magic to learn.
13) Wind up in jail
Yellowjacket . . . wifebeatin' bastard.
14) Get an "evil twin"
The Sentry . . . (HINT:It's the Void)
15) Get a costume change
hmm toughie. I'd like to see Iron Fist get a new costume.
16) Lose a limb
????
17) Become gay
Wonder Man . . . oh come on. Wonder Man?Who was he fooling anyway?
Storm. She's already been turned into a vampire AND she WAS a sorceress in the alternate future of Belasco's world.
I hate sidekicks. But Black Widow and Scorpion would really hit it off.
20) Quit
The Falcon. Without Captain america around there is no reason for The Falcon.
????
The Hellfire Club.
Bishop: Agent of SHIELD would PWN!
24) Take over a country
The Hellfire Club.
Professor X is the only one (major)who I can think this hasn't already happened to tons of times at least no really good ones.

Icaruss
08-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Jesus Christ.

The Dean
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Jesus Christ.

The Aquarian?

Lanowar
08-28-2007, 01:22 PM
1) Turn into a killer

Black Panther- The Panther fights and kills Klaw after he put wife Storm in hospital following a suprise attack. Panther has to try and redeem himself not only to the world but to the Black community of heroes who seem to agree that he crossed the line.

Moon Knight- With the sudden surge of heroes across the world and the New/Mighty Avengers both in New York, Moon Knight realizes his "Mission" is in jeopardy and so leaves New York for Chicago where he fights the mafia and villains who have gotten the same idea as Moon Knight
3) Become a villain

Cloak & Dagger- With Cap's death and the New Avengers not taking them on the two try to live life as runaways but when SHIELD tries heavy arm tactics against the two that end in several deaths Cloak & Dagger find themselves hunted by there former friends and welcomed by there former foes.

Abomination- Witnessing the Hulk's invasion the Abomination starts to see in the Hulk a decent into madness. Not exactly turning good he starts playing ball with the US government in an attempt to amass a power base. To him doing good deeds is the way to become the hero of the people and when the Hulk decides to rage war. He'd be the one they ask to lead...

Iron Fist- After reading the secrets of the Iron Fist, Danny Rand becomes the greatest Iron Fist in the history of K'un-L'un. During a final showdown with the Steel Serpent Danny is gravely wounded, so much so that Lei Kung the Thunderer transfers his essence at the cost of his life. Danny Rand The Thunderer becomes immortal and the trainer of all Iron Fist's to come.

6) Die

Beast- To revive the mutant population Beast realizes he needs to make a deal with the devil himself. Mephisto offers to undo the effects of the Scarlet Witch's magic at the cost of his soul. Despite the plea's of his friends Beast in his quest to save his kind accepts and dies. His soul is put to use in the coming supernatural war.

Ben Reilly- With The Other defeated Peter Parker's life seemed to return to normal. However the forces that created Miss Arrow weren’t so easily put off for revenge. With there dark powers they collected the matter of Ben Reilly and bring him back to the mortal plane to serve as there next agent in a grand scheme of revenge. In a dramatic showdown Ben breaks free of the spider god's control and once again becomes his own man.

Deadpool & Siryn- Follow the events of Messiah Complex Siryn begins hitting the bottle again at the same time Agency X and X-Factor are both hired to compete against one another. Siryn is sent to seduce Wade Wilson to see what he knows but the two end up rekindling the filtration that seemed to go cold so long ago which soon escalates. Much to the surprise and annoyance of the girl who claimed "knows everything"

9) Join a team they hadn’t been in before

Nova/Mighty Avengers: Following two wars that nearly destroyed the Universe remnants of the Annihilation Wave attack Earth. Nova teams up with the Mighty Avengers to fight the bugs; he takes Stark up on his previous offer and spends his time between the Avengers and rebuilding the corps.

(I would say Ant-Man in Heroes For Hire but we all know that's coming)

Reed Richards: Clor the clone Richards helps creates escapes it's holdings after being repaired and goes on the rampage. Only after Thor intervenes is the monster stopped but not before it does major damage. Thor tells the world the monster was the creation of Reed Richards and at the same time The Wizard seeking revenge for an earlier scheme hits back by sending out photos of the cruel conditions of 42. These two events seek to turn not only the hero community but the world against Reed Richards.

11) Have a kid

Misty Knight- After her one night stand with Danny Rand finds out she is pregnant. This causes her fellow Heroes for Hire to embark on a quest to find K'un-L'un where Iron Fist went to just before Misty found out. The unborn child however becomes the target of the Crane Mother who wishes to raise the child as the next champion of K’un-Zi.

Doctor Strange- In preparation for the supernatural war that is coming Mephisto attacks Doctor Strange and in the battle of the magic users Strange is banished to an alien world far away from home. On his own with no skills to help him survive Strange is forced to team up with Urthona the alien sorcerer who once tried to challenge him to title of Sorcerer Supreme!

13) Wind up in jail

Johnny Blaze- When Ghost Rider blind sighted by Vampires he manages to kill several of the blood suckers but is ultimately defeated. Waking up as Blaze he is arrested and sent to Jail penning trial and at night has to resist the urge to turn into the Rider. With the law against him and forces in the prison out to get him Blaze finds a new way for the curse to destroy him.

14) Get an "evil twin"

Blade- Blade is the half human Vampire who hunts his own kind destined to be alone. During a night off he meets and has a one night stand with a woman named Kendra. Both are the children of Vampires but unlike Blade she gave into her Vampire half and hunts humans. After there meeting she becomes obsessed with being with him and also making him turn on the humans he has vowed to protect.

15) Get a costume change

Hulk- In a step to becoming the Maestro the Hulk starts to wear clothes mostly battle armour in honour of his dead wife. Over time he starts to become more relaxed around his allies and not giving into lesser instincts. The change in "costume" seems to scare the heroes as one of the strongest threats to the universe begins to smarten up.

16) Lose a limb

Wolverine- In a battle with his son Wolverine tries to use the Muramasa Blade against his son Daken but in a sign of mercy he fails to deliver the blow. In this moment Daken grabs the blade and severs Logan's right hand off leaving it unable to regrow. Escaping the conflict Logan now lives life missing a hand eventually (6 months one would guess) the blade's effects slowly begin to wear off leaving Logan wondering if the same thing will happen to Sabertooth.

17) Become gay

Spider-Woman uses her pheromone abilities on Ms Marvel much to the "fanwanking" of the comic community. (I can't think of one for this)

18) Meddle with the occult

Nightcrawler- Confused about his origin Nightcrawler attempts to make contact with his self proclaimed father. This leads him on a Dante (The Divine Comedy) Inspired adventure through the various realms of hell to find if he is indeed a demon.

Captain Marvel/Gravity- Scared about the fact he will die Captain Marvel is shocked to find out his name more or less died with him. Knowing he can't live in the world after his death he seeks out to train a replacement someone who can carry out the legacy. His son Hulkling rejects his father’s offer wishing to be his own man and not live under the weight of being Captain Marvel. This leads Marvel to wonder who could take his mantle, cue a chance meeting with Gravity. Amazed to find he was once albeit briefly "Protector of the Universe" Marvel trains the young hero to be his protégé before he goes back to face his death.

20) Quit

Falcon- Cap's Death hit Sam Wilson hard he vowed to find who killed him, after beating back HYDRA and AIM he is shocked to find his actual killer is the woman who stood by his side so many times before. The news that Sharon Carter killed Steve rocks Sam to the core so much that he quits the superhero game if only to get away from New York and away from all those involved in Steve's death.

Cable- When the island haven Providence exploded Nate thought he was dead. However the computer that looked over Providence since it was an orbital space platform sprang into action and started an "Emergency Temporal shift". Combined with the force of the explosion and the damage the computer sustained Nate wakes up several months later suddenly looking like X-Man...

Deadpool- After one to many wayward operations the Thunderbolts bring in Deadpool for a "one on one" with Norman Osborn. Offering the merc with a mouth a unique contract that lets him keep his Agency X gig and also do freelance work for the Thunderbolts Wilson is quick to sign up. This move slowly turns him back to his old ways working for Tolliver while keeping his somewhat unique sense of humour.

Winter Solider- Bucky under orders from Fury surrenders himself to SHIELD, his skills to good to be wasted in jail is recruited to join SHIELD. Working as Fury's new double agent Bucky Barnes has to deal with taking orders from the government but also keeping up the political intrigue of being a double agent to a man who loyalties are undecided.

24) Take over a country

The Inhumans/Symkaria- One day the country of Symkaria falls silent. For no reason the country announces it will reopen it's northern border with Latveria. When any attempt at contacting the country is tried the visage of Maximus appears. The Inhuman city of Attilan was destroyed by the US government and so he has led the Inhumans to earth to claim a new home. The Symkarian royal family is overthrown and Maximus has proclaimed himself king. Using Luna he can gain the control of the leaders of surrounding nations and has already gained a vast network of political allies. Though it would seem Doctor Doom is not so easily brought in.

The Sentry- Recently it seems the Sentry has been feeling better but sudden black outs and somewhat off character behaviour make him feel he is losing his mind again. The Void who can in reality never be killed has been seeping back into the Sentry’s mind. Using the power and self doubt Robert has to slowly drive him insane and allow the Void to gain complete control through the deaths of all his loved ones.