PDA

View Full Version : Affleck on Daredevil 2

Rosdower 3.0
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/743/743897p1.html

November 3, 2006 - Although Daredevil met with a mixed-to-negative reaction from fans (the unrated director's cut DVD has fared better), the Mark Steven Johnson-directed film made $179 million at the worldwide box office.

Daredevil was the last film starring Ben Affleck to have performed like that at the box office. Not that it is enough to persuade Affleck to reprise his role as the Man Without Fear for a sequel.

In a report that has been picked up by various European news outlets, Affleck told the press at the London premiere of his new film Hollywoodland, "By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero. ... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

So Daredevil's outfit was "a source of humiliation?" Not Gigli, Surviving Christmas, Paycheck or that whole Bennifer fiasco?

Ironically, Affleck plays the late actor George Reeves in Hollywoodland, an actor who was forever trapped by his role as TV's Superman.

ClintP
11-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I tried to watch Surviving Christmas on cable for free one day. I could only watch like 3 minutes of it before I felt tempted to throw my remote into my screen. Blah.

Rosdower 3.0
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I tried to watch Surviving Christmas on cable for free one day. I could only watch like 3 minutes of it before I felt tempted to throw my remote into my screen. Blah.

so you couldn't survive 'Surviving Christmas', huh?

It should be like an extreme sport..."who can watch it the longest..."

Brendan
11-07-2006, 10:07 AM
The costume was the least of the DD movie's problems.

Affleck is straining at a gnat while swallowing camels.

ClintP
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
so you couldn't survive 'Surviving Christmas', huh?

It should be like an extreme sport..."who can watch it the longest..."
That would be like the "who can drink the most battery acid" contest. Everyone who plays loses...

Marcdachamp
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
sucktitude. I want a sequel.

ClintP
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Me as well. DD was the shit!

SethInAz
11-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Given what they should have learned from making the first movie, and how much better the director's cut was than the original release, I think they could do an amazing job with a sequel. A big problem could be getting Michael Clarke Duncan to gain all that weight back. You'd think Hack-fleck would be excited at the promise of ANY box office success at the moment. The guy loves comics apparently, it makes no sense why he's on his high-horse about this.

Ashton
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as it's w/o Affleck.

Shev
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM

No worries, get someone else to play Daredevil.

Oh, and definitely get someone else to write and direct it...

A Daredevil movie done right has the potential to be very cool indeed.

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Ok, so Affleck doesn't want to do a second movie...so who should replace him? The one major thing about the costume that really bugged me was the leather look...I was hoping that they would do a more traditional look and use the type of material that is used in the Spidey costumes...

Thomas Mauer
11-07-2006, 10:52 AM
There's an awful sense of deja vu about this thread. :)

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Why?

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Ok, so Affleck doesn't want to do a second movie...so who should replace him? The one major thing about the costume that really bugged me was the leather look...I was hoping that they would do a more traditional look and use the type of material that is used in the Spidey costumes...

They need to de-age Robert Redford to his early 30s.

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 03:32 PM
They need to de-age Robert Redford to his early 30s.

Reford would be completely wrong for a role like that...

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Reford would be completely wrong for a role like that...

Not young, vibrant, versatile Redford.

SCOURGE
11-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Not young, vibrant, versatile Redford.

YSC: I respect the hell out of you, but... Redford doesn't have "The Look" to pull off a role like that...

InBendiswetrust
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM

Dude we need a whole new Daredevil. I want there to be a remake of sorts. A second try if you will. Bring in someone who isn't very well and BAM! you got the best thing ever. The Daredevil franchise is too hot right now to be ignored. I say in like 5-6 years they start production for a new one. They use Bendis and Brubaker stuff, and there you go: A good movie that will probably have some sequels.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I still say they got the wrong half of "Matt & Ben" to play DD...

YouStayClassy
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
YSC: I respect the hell out of you, but... Redford doesn't have "The Look" to pull off a role like that...

Hope this pic shows up, I'm too lazy to upload it....
http://www.talkingpix.co.uk/RRedfordComp2.jpg

Style the hair, add the glasses, grow some stubble I can totally see him as Murdock. He used to be a really built guy, I could see him making the ol' red costume work. But he'd need a KILLER director....