PDA

View Full Version : Robert Downey Jr. discusses Iron Man

Joe Henderson
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
This makes me even more excited for Iron Man...

""I went after it like a greyhound after a rabbit," he said. "I loved Marvel and 'Iron Man' to me is the goods. To tell you the God's honest truth, I'd thrown them all away for 'Sgt. Rock,' because I really grew up on 'Hogan's Heroes.' I'm still addicted to the History Channel and the Military Channel is my thing, but Tony's the best because I could never be Sgt. Rock. He's a little bigger and more butch and has a cigar, I don't see it. Tony's a perfect fit for me"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8816

Brendan
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I really hope the script lives up to Downey's potential. He's such a brilliant actor. This is an opportunity for Marvel to knock one out of the park. But after the trainwrecks that were the Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four movies, I'm really nervous about this.

Marcdachamp
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I really hope the script lives up to Downey's potential. He's such a brilliant actor. This is an opportunity for Marvel to knock one out of the park. But after the trainwrecks that were the Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four movies, I'm really nervous about this.
Ghost Rider isn't even out yet.

Brendan
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Ghost Rider isn't even out yet.

The previews are. They made my eyes hurt. This movie looks so bad that it might actually make Daredevil look good.

Master Jack Rabbitt
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
eh, I'll watch it.

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
They should make Ironman a 8ft tall mecharmor that attaches itself to a host and activates as a defense/offense weapon to protect the world against an alien invasion trying to reclaim their superior technology which fell to earth and is now in the hands of a drunken billionaire that loves the govt.

Yeah, that'd be the tits.

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 10:38 AM
The fact that he sounds genuinely excited bodes well.

Then again, I'm sure Affleck was genuinely excited about Daredevil...

*fingers crossed*

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
The fact that he sounds genuinely excited bodes well.

Then again, I'm sure Affleck was genuinely excited about Daredevil...

*fingers crossed* Lots of money tends to excite people.

Even the absurdly rich.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Some of the most inspired casting ever. I'm so excited to see him and Terrance Howard together on camera as Tony and Rhodey.

A.Huerta
11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Iron Man needs to be done in complete CGI. That's all I ask for from this movie.

TheKraken
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Iron Man needs to be done in complete CGI. That's all I ask for from this movie.

"The suit for 'Iron Man' is so complex and does so much stuff that except for once or twice or from the chest up, I'm not required to do all that much," Downey Jr. said. "What I will do is a lot of motion capture so that the movement isn't just some random stunt guy. A lot of time I look at CGI and I'm like 'What's the reference for this? This looks like a cartoon reference not a person." So I said I want to do all the motion capture work, which is like eight months after finishing shooting, but as much as it as I can do, I will."

Sounds like you get your wish. :D

Ben Weldon
11-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Downey seems to be entering a real "Comeback Kid" phase of his career. "The Singing Detective","Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and "A Scanner Darkly" where all amazing, and Fur looks to be something really special.

The Human Target
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I actually am looking forward to this.

So far it seems like they're making smart choices.

Jerome Gibbons
11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
This'll be good...