PDA

View Full Version : Caaaaarrrrrrsssss!!!!

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Comes out today.

I'm giddy. Every time a Pixar movie comes out it's like the first time I had the sex.

if'n you don't/didn't like the movie. Die, for having bad taste.

Evan Wiener
11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I liked it a lot. Not their best concept, but certainly great family entertainment. And that says a lot considering most things with that label are crap except to a kid.

Blane
11-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Pixar has yet to do wrong in my eyes. They are the best at the huge animation industry. The only ones I bother to see anymore. Great storylines.

I mean hell, they made me care about animated cars. Just great storytelling.

SteveZegers
11-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Great movie.

SeanC
11-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm giddy. Every time a Pixar movie comes out it's like the first time I had the sex.

I don't think you lasted an hour and twenty minutes the first time you had sex.

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think you lasted an hour and twenty minutes the first time you had sex.

You are wrong sir, I was there. It was magical.

-Kimberly

Are you kidding me? The trailer was longer.

-Donal

James Patrick
11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen it, and I wasn't excited for it, but I'll get it for the kids (3 and 3) today and am kind of jazzed to watch it with them. I wouldn't buy it just for me though. And yes, I am a huge Pixar fan. Both Toy Story's, Nemo, and Incredibles are among my favorite movies. My kids thing Toy Story and Nemo are the greatest thing since legs and feet.

Bill Nolan
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM
You know what would make this movie great, rather than just OK? A running time about 30 minutes shorter. Good Lord, seeing this with a child was ponderous. It's 2 hours long. Add the previews, and your in a theater with a kid for well over that. This needed one, maybe two, intermissions...

Some movies scream out for a Phantom Edit, yet no one answers the call. There is a lot of filmmaker overindulgence in this movie that could have been trimmed.

Beats that horrible fish movie, tho'...

- B

Sean Jackson
11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm suprised they didn't put out a 2 disc version, or at least an audio commentary on the disc.

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
You know what would make this movie great, rather than just OK? A running time about 30 minutes shorter. Good Lord, seeing this with a child was ponderous. It's 2 hours long. Add the previews, and your in a theater with a kid for well over that. This needed one, maybe two, intermissions...

Some movies scream out for a Phantom Edit, yet no one answers the call. There is a lot of filmmaker overindulgence in this movie that could have been trimmed.

Beats that horrible fish movie, tho'...

- B

The three times I saw it in theaters, it was full of kids, and not ONCE in all three viewings did I hear kids rustling, making noise, crying, etc.

What I heard were the parents complaining it was too long and being a general annoyance.

The KIDS were the ones that behaved themselves.

Bill Nolan
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
What can I say? I got a bladder like a pregnant chick... :surrend:

...and the kids were asleep for that long, boring stuff in the middle...

- B

Bill Nolan
11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Man, this is on in the other room right now... If the yokels are so excited when Lightning repaves part of their main street, acting like it's been years since they had such a nice street, why didn't they just do it themselves once in a while?

- B

Bill Nolan
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Oh, God! Now they're making the semi-retarded sentient tractors tip over... there's a good 10 minutes they could take out... :roll:

- B

Ryan Elliott
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Dude, just leave the thread.

Jesus Christ.

Donal DeLay
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Man, this is on in the other room right now... If the yokels are so excited when Lightning repaves part of their main street, acting like it's been years since they had such a nice street, why didn't they just do it themselves once in a while?

- B In case you didn't notice, pulling that heap was HARD WORK, and none of the cars in that town looked semi-capable of/interested in pulling it.

Not even the fire truck.

Bill Nolan
11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
It does end well, I'll say that. Teared up, as usual with these movies, and I don't even like racing...

- B

chrisfasowned
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
two words:

doc
hollywood